“Very enjoyable stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
tipperary
“Very enjoyable stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I spent the first week-end in March 2013 in this hotel to celebrate my birthday. I would like to thank Helen and Jean for the surprise while having breakfast on the morning of my birthday. I would also give praise to Karen the manager, and Linday and all the staff who are always most accomodating when I stay at the hotel. I have never been disappointed on any of my trips, always enjoyed the ambience and homliness of the hotel. Breakfasts always hot, dinners equally good. The rooms are kept very clean, water always hot in bathroom. The hotel is situated close to the 'peoples park' great for a walk which I like. I always feel welcome at this hotel and will keep coming back.
Shaun Manning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
We always enjoy meeting you on your visits to us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers. I hope you enjoy the St Patricks Weekend Celebrations and we are looking forward to meeting you around Easter.
From
Karen and all the staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

great rooms clean warm. the food was great. bar a little slow when busy, staff make this place friendly helpful people will be back for more well worth staying here seems to busy friday and sat nights

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your return visit experience with Tripadvisor readers, we are delighted that you chose to return to us and that you enjoyed your weekend break. I hope we have met during your time with us but if not please do not hesitate to introduce yourselves on your next visit.
Many thanks again for your continued support.
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here with my family (party of 6) over the week-end of 22nd-24th February 2013, as we were in Waterford for a family party. We could not fault the accommodation, service and food-great breakfasts. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again. Nice quite location as well, yet near enough to the center to be convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for writing such a lovely review about the Waterford Marina Hotel, it is great to read that you and your family enjoyed your trip to Waterford especially as it was an important occasion. We would be delighted to welcome you back at any time to stay with us, please mention at reservation stage that you are return guests and our reservation team will look after you.
dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

just recently stayed in Marina hotel - hotel is lovely really great location you can walk everywhere you need in the town. the staff very friendly and thank you to bar staff on last sunday for their hospitality. the offer deal for restaurant was nice one of the nights but not my style of food the other. the hotel rooms were nice - very noisy in the mornings and late night - the heat was unreal though - couldnt sleep for one of the nights stay- advised the hotel when leaving and i was advised there is only a on or off switch and that is it. think maybe an investment on valves on raditators would help.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your thanks to the staff in the Waterfront Bar. I am sorry for the issues outlined and can assure you that I am looking into this.
I look forward to welcoming you both back for a return visit in the not too distant future.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just back from another stay at this 1st class hotel.From check in to check out everything was fine.Stayed in room[401]overlooking carpark.Room was ok /warm and cosy for 2.Bar on friday and saturday was fairly full with music both nights.Ate from bar food menu which was nice.Breakfast was plentiful with most things you would expect.I must say that staff in breakfast room were very helpful and willing to provide what they could.All staff seemed to be very well trained in all duties and always with a smile[the way it should be].Hope to return soon. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking river if you want a view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your return visit to the Waterford Marina Hotel, a huge amount of our guests have stayed with us before and choose to return for the same reasons as yourself which is mainly the staff. I am very lucky to work with a lovely team of people in all departments and they like myself will do our very best to make sure you enjoy your stay with us.
I would like to opportunity to introduce myself to you both on your next visit and please ask for a riverview room at reservation time so you enjoy the lovely views of the River Suir.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

We had two rooms at this hotel. One triple room and one double. Our double overlooked the nearby river, and the triple overlooked the car park.

The rooms were generously sized and deliciously warm, plus the windows open if you want a blast of cooler air! The decor was lovely and wifi easy to access.

Towels could have been larger and only one soap for bathroom.

The location is excellent and only a short walk to the city centre including the world famous Waterford Crystal. There is a bar downstairs and complimentary newspapers available at the front reception desk.

Car parking is available and we managed to snaffle a car park close outside the hotel, but there is additional car parking available underground apparently.

Staff are friendly and welcoming, including the housekeepers on each floor.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if available :)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for highly recommending the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us in February this year. Waterford City is indeed a great place to visit and all the wonderful attractions like Waterford Crystal, Bishops Palace and the new Medieval Museum all on our doorstep. I hope we have the opportunity to look after you all again in the near future.
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We booked into the Marina for a relaxing weekend away and that is exactly what it was. We were within walking distance to the city centre. The welcome was lovely with a packet of love hearts on our pillow as it was Valentines weekend. When we went down to the bar on Friday night there was a brilliant band playing and we got a bowl of cocktail sausages during the night. Breakfast was lovely and fresh. Saturday night again music which was not as good as friday night but again we got cocktail sausages. Safe very pleasant, always smiling. Rooms basic but clean. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Views of the river lovely
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time after your recent visit to write a review on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us int he Waterford Marina Hotel and its lovely to see that you liked our little gift of Love Hearts..
I hope you will visit us again in the not too distant future and please remind reservations that you have stayed with us before and they will do their best to allocate you the same riverview bedroom.