Waterford Marina Hotel
  • Restaurant
Fitzwilton Hotel(Waterford)
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
1,280 results
All reviewsthe riversecure car parkthree starviking trianglecrystal factorytown centrelovely hotelbar foodcooked breakfastroom was spotlessstayed one nightfull irishbar staffwould highly recommend this hotelbit datedevening mealfriday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stopped here as a half way point after getting the ferry to Rosslare. The secure car park is pretty grim as a first impression, but the hotel was fine. I'm pretty sure we had requested a non smoking room, so when we were allocated a smoking room the receptionist moved us to a room on the top foor with great views of the river - the only problem being it had not been heated ! We popped the heating on and went down for a great value 50 euro dinner for two including wine which got our Irish trip off to a grand start and the room was warm by the time we returned. We would use it again as a stopping point.

Room Tip: The hotel still has smoking rooms so if you don't want one make sure they know in advance.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aluakea
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and got your holiday off to a good start. I hope you both enjoyed your trip around Ireland and we look forward to welcoming you back to Waterford City on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is a hotel that I have happily stayed in on many an occasion while working in Waterford. It is strategically placed in a great location on the River Suir and was always good value for money. It also has a secure car park which is a must in any city. However my last visit was a disappointment as I was expecting better given my previous experiences here.
First of all I must say that we had no problems at all with the attitude of the staff and they were always courteous and attentive. That still counts for a lot in this day and age. That said, the efficiency of one of the bar staff was questionable: when my wife was dining in the bar in the early evening (around 6pm) twice the waiter forgot (so he said) to bring the wine she had ordered. The food was good however: it was tasty and well presented and did not cost the earth.
The bedroom was a fair size and we got a room overlooking the river as I had requested on the booking form. However I did not sleep at all that night and normally I do not have any problem sleeping. The double bed was a standard size domestic bed with a very uncomfortable and uneven mattress and my wife decided it was in the best of matrimonial harmony to move to the single bed in the same room.
Breakfast was the very common buffet style which to my mind does not work satisfactorily for the traditional Irish fried breakfast. The sausages were fairly good but the rest of the food had suffered from its leisurely sojourn in the heated cabinet. We were greeted courteously and efficiently on arrival and were quickly shown to a table. When I explained to the manageress that I could not manage to safely carry a hot breakfast to the table she brought it over personally. There was no fish alternative except smoked salmon. In Waterford City just how far are we from the sea or even the river? The coffee was not particularly good and was very weak and really not acceptable particularly with the sophisticated equipment available to commercial establishments these days.
Given its wonderful location on the river, this hotel has the potential to be much, much better, a potential I felt was not realised on my last visit. Maybe next time it will have improved.....

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the river is worth having.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gretry
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you for writing a review of the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor outlining your experience following your visit to us in January of this year. I would like to say that it was a pleasure to talk to you at the time when you highlighted your issues to me and again I assure you that I have taken on board and addressed the shortcomings that you experienced and look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to experience our usual high standard of care and attention.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night as part of our group tour of Ireland. The room was basic with so-so free wifi. Our included group dinner and breakfast were good, the staff did a great job as there were multiple large groups for both meals There is a gas station with convenience store nearby as well as a Chinese restaurant. It doesn't seem to be in the best part of town, but was ok for a one night stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank osanida

Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor after your recent visit to Ireland, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Waterford City and we would welcome you back at anytime in the future for a return trip.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Reception lobby was smaller than expected, one pillow each and pillows were hard and flat,heat outside of the rooms was extremely warm, food in the bar was not nice and soup was watery.

However the food in the restaurant was very enjoyable, Staff were very nice and very accommodating when asked for anything, and prices for food for child was very good.
This hotel seems to be a stop gap for tour buses. Public toilets were very clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KildareCjm

Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor after you recent visit to Waterford City. I am dissappointed to read that you had some issues during your stay with your family but and glad that you enjoyed the food in the Waterfront Restaurant where the staff looked after you well.
I would be delighted if you would give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future and if you could contact me directly Ii will ensure your next visit will be up to our usual high standard of care and attention.
Tel 051 856600
Email gm@waterfordmarinahotel.com

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We often stay at the Marina Hotel,It is very clean and rooms are comfortable,and the view is great ,Staff are very friendly and helpful,Bar staff a good example,also breakfast staff .The food is very good whether Dinner or Bar snacks we enjoyed both also breakfast is great and plenty of choice ,It is also very good value all round ,A favorite of ours !!!!

Room Tip: View of the River is a must for us !
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I really appreciate your lovely comments about your stay with us and we enjoy meeting you on your return visits. I look forward to welcoming you back over the next few months and as usual we will do our very best to allocate you a lovely riverview room.
Enjoy the summer, see you soon