“great hotel, i will be back”

Waterford Marina Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 25 November 2013

my first time and it won`t be my last time staying here, warm rooms, very clean, staff were top class, the food was excellent, i had a freshly cooked breakfast both mornings, and pleanty on the plate to set you up for the day, and a strong cup of tea to wash it down , i dined in the bar before leaving having the lunch specials, very tasty, and well worth the money, i did`nt have a river view, but then again i only had to walk down a flight of stairs and out the main door to view it, it`s a little hidden gem, only a few minutes stroll into the city centre, this hotel gets a thumbs up from me, and i look forward to a return visit,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadivsor,
it is great for us to read that your first time to stay with us was a success and its lovely to get the thumbs up from you. I would like to introduce myself on your return visit and please request a river view room from our reception team when you make your reservation.
In the meantime I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas.
Karen Dollery

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Once again it was a pleasure to return to the Marina. The staff are friendly and helpful and food and accommodation are excellent. A lovely view of the River Suir from the riverside rooms. Off the main street so there is little traffic noise to disturb a guest.

Room Tip: North side gives a great river view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to return to The Waterford Marina Hotel, myself and all the team really appreciate when our guests come back time and time again to stay with us as it shows we must be doing something right. Tripadvisor is a great way of telling everyone of your own experience in a hotel and I am delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to meeting you again in the near future but in the meantime have a Merry Christmas and a healthy 2014.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We had a 2 night break here, booked through a deal site. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Rooms very spacious. One of the only hotels I've been to lately that still do smoking rooms. Had dinner in the bar which was delicious, and can't complain about breakfast either, plenty to choose from. Would definitely return when looking for a quiet place to recharge.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon l

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us in The Waterford Marina Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to us and that you were able to recharge the batteries. We look forward to meeting you again and in the meantime would like to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night at the weekend and really enjoyed it. It is very good value for money. The bedroom was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and well equipped. The location of the hotel is good, just a short walk from the city centre and the hotel has a very secure car-park. Breakfast was very nice and the staff were very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you both enjoyed your recent stay with us in the Waterford Marina Hotel, we all appreciate the time you took to write a review on Tripadvisor to tell the readers about your experience here. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the very near future and in the meantime we would like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Hotel clean and quite. Spacious rooms with a lovely river view. Staff friendly and attentive. Breakfast had plenty of choice. Great central location. Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for writing such a lovely review on Tripadvisor for the Waterford Marina Hotel, I am delighted that you and your friends really enjoyed your stay with us and that you have recommended as a a place to stay in Waterford City.
I hope that you all enjoyed the rest of your trip and look forward to meeting you again on a return visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and know Waterford well. The rooms are modern and comfortable with free wifi and lovely river views. The staff are cool and unobtrusive. Secure free parking. Bar food is nice and fresh. They don't have a fitness center but that's not a problem for most. How about some better coffee in the mornings? I think this place is good value and plan to be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us enough to return a second time and hope to meet you again in the not too distant future. I will certainly look at the issue with the coffee and can assure you it will be perfect on your next visit.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of our reception team to make your reservation and request a riverview room to enjoy the River Suir and its views.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I've been a regular visitor to the Marina for the past eight years after trying nearly every hotel in Waterford. Like some of the other guests have said it is a good value three star hotel in a great central location but very quiet with plenty of good secure parking. The rooms are a good size and always clean and the staff are all very friendly so I've no need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river for absolute quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Firstly I want to say ' Hello', and secondly I want to thank you not only for your review on Tripadvisor but for all your business down through the years, myself and the staff really enjoy meeting you on your visits to us and want to say don't ever hesitate to ask for anything you need during your stay with us.
Looking forward to meeting you again soon.
Karen and everyone in the Marina.