“Always a nice stay.”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Always a nice stay.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stay here usually once a month for business and I have never been disappointed. The location, right on the river, is fantastic. The staff are always very friendly and the food is good. The rates are very reasonable. I would have no qualms recommending the Waterford Marina.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hello, thank you so much for your recommendation it really means a lot to us all when you say you are never disappointed and we will do our very best to make sure you enjoy your visits to us in the future.
We look forward to you next stay and please always request a riverview room.
kind regards
Karen and the Team.
Waterford Marina Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was made to feel welcome as soon as i arrived. The receptionist was very friendly and the reception area clean and tidy.
The room was nice and clean and had great views over the river.
The hotel location is very good and only a short walk into town and to many local attractions.
Breakfast was ok and plentiful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for recommending the Waterford Marina Hotel to Tripadvisor readers, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I hope we get to meet you again in the not too distant future. We really appreciate the time you took to write a review.
Manassas, VA
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The woman who checked us in was very friendly and I was happy that they offer both a parking lot and garage.

We had a room overlooking the river. Unfortunately we could also hear passers by below, but it was a quiet town, so it was only occasionally.

It was a perfect location to walk into town from and included breakfast and had a restaurant & bar downstairs.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your recommending the Waterford Marina Hotel to Tripadvisor readers, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us, we have two options for carparking - a very small number in the centre bays at the back door and our main indoor carpark which is the one we recommend to our guests. I hope you both enjoyed the rest of your visit to Ireland and would be delighted to meet you on a future planned vacation.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here travelling from Killarney to Dublin. The room was comfortable. We had a view of the water. There is a lift from the lobby to the rooms. We had our dinner and breakfast there but could not charge the meals to our room as we had prepaid. This was the only hotel out of three we stayed in that did it this way. Just a bit inconvenient but no real problem.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor
I would like to apologise for the inconvience with the room charges unfortunately it was a short-term problem but I can assure you it has since been rectified.
I hope that you both enjoyed the rest of your holiday to Ireland and I look forward to welcoming you both on a return visit.
MUMBAI,INDIA
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Location- Superb location, main attractions in the city within walking distance.
Service-the staff at the reception and the restaurant were very friendly.
Room- Beautiful room though basic had all the modern amenities and beautiful view of the river. I just kept staring at the beautiful view for hours..
Food- We only had breakfast here and it was good.
Wifi- Free
Parking- Plenty, free of cost and easy access.
Overall- a wonderful hotel would love to stay here again.

1 Thank SamsTravelogy
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on Tripadvisor about the Waterford Marina Hotel, we are very lucky with our location beside the River Suir, I agree with you that it is beautiful whatever the weather. I appreciate your kind comments about the food in the hotel and I am glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I would be delighted to welcome you both back on a return visit at any time in the future.
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The room was dirty, the bed was hard; overall horrible. They claim they are non-smoking, but smoke came through my vent all night. Ruined my vacation time. Would not go back. Do not book it. Internet service was broken too.

3 Thank CynthiaVirginiaBeach
I would like to apologise to you both for the inexplicable shortcomings you experienced during your one night visit to the Waterford Marina Hotel and I hope that the rest of your journey around Ireland was a success.
Denia spain
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location 5 / 10 minutes walk to Waterford crystal and the Viking Triangle.
Hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms spacious, clean and tidy
There is plenty of choice at breakfast. The restaurant food is very good, plentiful and well presented. Bar prices also very reasonable for a hotel. Free secure car parking.

1 Thank Len R
Thank you for writing a review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am glad you enjoyed our location, we are very lucky to be situated beside the River Suir and literaly around the corner from the wonders of the Viking Triangle. I will pass on your kind comments about our food to our Head Chef and his team.
I hope you both enjoyed the remainder of your holiday in Ireland and we look forward to welcoming you on a return visit.