“A wonderful stay”

Waterford Marina Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in the 27th of May for a business trip, being based in the UK I took a punt on this hotel and I want disappointed.

From start to finish the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough, there was a large pay arrived in the evening and everyone was catered for and the restaurant copied with them very well.

I personally ate from the bar menu and the food read top class, matched with a perfect pint guiness it wad just the trick after a long day, the weather was glorious and it wad good to watch the activities on the river as I ate my food.

I would highly recommend this place for a visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NG_1975
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for writing such a lovely review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and will certainly pass on your kind comments to all the team here. I am glad your punt paid off and hopefuly we will get to look after you again in the near future.
Karen Dollery

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived late evening and was greeted by very friendly reception staff Tracey (and a young man). Room was lovely. Spacious, and the view was just awesome!
Being a Monday, nothing much was open and the hotel kitchen was shortly due to close but this was no worry to them and they served us... many thanks!
Unfortunately we were only there for one night but will definitely recommend and hope we may return one day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time out of your holiday to write a review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that Tracy and Michael were able to check you in efficiently and look after you for something to eat, your visit was very short I hope you had time to look around our lovely historical city and if not then we would be delighted to welcome you both on your return visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Checked in and the receptionist was very nice and helpful
Hotel looked nice and clean
Parking was good as well
Room was cold when we entered but once we turned heater on warmed up lovely
Tea coffee facilities as well
Shower was also powerful
Breakfast was good
No complaints will return
A good 3 star wouldn't rate any higher

• Stayed: May 2014

I would like to thank you for taking time out to share your experience of the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I am glad to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and would be delighted to introduce myself to you on a return visit.
In the meantime I hope you have a great summer hopefully we will all get lucky with the weather.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stay here usually once a month for business and I have never been disappointed. The location, right on the river, is fantastic. The staff are always very friendly and the food is good. The rates are very reasonable. I would have no qualms recommending the Waterford Marina.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello, thank you so much for your recommendation it really means a lot to us all when you say you are never disappointed and we will do our very best to make sure you enjoy your visits to us in the future.
We look forward to you next stay and please always request a riverview room.
kind regards
Karen and the Team.
Waterford Marina Hotel

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was made to feel welcome as soon as i arrived. The receptionist was very friendly and the reception area clean and tidy.
The room was nice and clean and had great views over the river.
The hotel location is very good and only a short walk into town and to many local attractions.
Breakfast was ok and plentiful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for recommending the Waterford Marina Hotel to Tripadvisor readers, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I hope we get to meet you again in the not too distant future. We really appreciate the time you took to write a review.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The woman who checked us in was very friendly and I was happy that they offer both a parking lot and garage.

We had a room overlooking the river. Unfortunately we could also hear passers by below, but it was a quiet town, so it was only occasionally.

It was a perfect location to walk into town from and included breakfast and had a restaurant & bar downstairs.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your recommending the Waterford Marina Hotel to Tripadvisor readers, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us, we have two options for carparking - a very small number in the centre bays at the back door and our main indoor carpark which is the one we recommend to our guests. I hope you both enjoyed the rest of your visit to Ireland and would be delighted to meet you on a future planned vacation.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here travelling from Killarney to Dublin. The room was comfortable. We had a view of the water. There is a lift from the lobby to the rooms. We had our dinner and breakfast there but could not charge the meals to our room as we had prepaid. This was the only hotel out of three we stayed in that did it this way. Just a bit inconvenient but no real problem.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor
I would like to apologise for the inconvience with the room charges unfortunately it was a short-term problem but I can assure you it has since been rectified.
I hope that you both enjoyed the rest of your holiday to Ireland and I look forward to welcoming you both on a return visit.