“Nice and interesting factory tour”
Review of Waterford Crystal

and up
House of Waterford Crystal Guided Factory Tour
Ranked #1 of 60 things to do in Waterford
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally founded by George and William Penrose in 1783, Waterford crystal is world-renowned for quality and beauty. Have you seen someone blow molten crystal into a vase? Check out the factory tour. Visitors are guided through the factory to see experienced craftsmen at work, creating new crystal pieces. The factory is open to tours, contact the company for details.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very interesting especially as we have a small collection of Waterford crystal. We saw all aspects from start to finish making the crystal pieces . The crystal for sale in the showroom was lovely .

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We toured here yesterday as a family of five kids aged 12 & 10 were pleasently surprised that they enjoyed it, yes the three year old was bored bless her but the tour doesnt drag on, it tells you and shows you all you need to know. Aisling was our guide and she was a great character, we really enjoyed it and what a fabulous building too. Im still upset my husband didnt treat me to anything but theres always next time!

1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a very interesting tour ... and the tour guides really understand not only the process but the chemistry and physics behind the process and are more than happy to go into whatever depth you would like. The best part is to actually watch the masters cut the crystal - amazing.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and family along with many of her brothers ans sisters and their families joined us in a 10 tour of Ireland. This was one of the few places that my wife stated we MUST visit. It is well worth the time and expense if you love Waterford crystal. The "factory" tour was a very nice experience. Even though many of the crystal pieces are now machine cut based on templates that are designed by the craftsmen it was still very interesting to see the process in place. However, what was really nice was to see the individual and unique pieces that are done. For example, both my son and daughter had the privilege to hold a smaller version of the United States college Football Bowl trophy that is designed and cut by Waterford. To be able to take photos of the various pieces is truly an experience well worth the time. But why was it my most expensive? Because Waterford, like all other tours, ends the tour in the showroom of their product. In this case, my wife saw a piece that was just cut this year by Waterford. Realizing how many years she has put up with me in our marriage I felt lucky to be able to give her a rememberance of our time at Waterford. Plus my Christmas shopping is conveniently done already. :).

1  Thank alplm5124
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It was disappointing to find that a few items my sister bought from Waterford we made in Poland and Hungary. You would think there would be more items still made in Ireland.

Great craftsmanship, but it would have been nice to find a few more affordable items as well.