Granville Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$151
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$128
Hotels.com
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
US$94
1,482 results
All reviewsporridgeirish whiskeyold world charmhistoric hotelold stylecie tourthe riverwonderful hotelthe hotel managerwaterford crystalthe pubbreakfast was excellentviking trianglecar parkfull irish breakfastbar foodhotel bar
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed one night at the Granville as part of a CIE Tour on June 16, 2012. The hotel was converted from an historic mansion and was a highlight of our trip. We were assigned one of the bridal suites on the top floor with a view of the river. It was beautiful and comfortable with every amenity you could ask for. What's more, we were given the suite without fanfare--they just did it and seemed as pleased as we were when we commented on it. The food in the dining room, from the "Full Irish Breakfast", to the dinner at which they served the 42 people on our tour from a limited menu was excellent and very professionally served. You cannot go wrong staying at the Granville. I only wish we'd had more time there.

Room Tip: The bridal suite was very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Frequently travelling on business means I'm rarely surprised but I have to say that the Granville Hotel was a really unexpected gem of a hotel. Check in was warm, friendly and very efficient. I was immediately offered help with my bags and the receptionist checked if I was parked nearby so that they could offer their overnight parking service. Location is right next to all the amenities - shops, pubs and restaurants are a short walk away.

The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The decor throughout the hotel is not modern boutique style but then again, this is a period property and it doesn't need minimalist design. The bed was comfortable and offered sheets and blankets as opposed to the usual trend of using duvets. This helped me sleep well as the room isn't air conditioned (not something that is generally a problem in Ireland!) Free wifi throughout and the speeds were very good - I was able to get some work done before leaving for the day.

Service and food in the bar was really good quality. I was offered table service straight away and as bar food goes, I was impressed by the reasonable prices and the variety. Good big TV for watching the world cup games too. Breakfast was also excellent. Food was cooked to order and there was a huge variety of hot and cold choices. More than I could have managed and a shame I wasn't around for another day to try them. The full Irish kept me going until 8pm that evening.

I'm so impressed I'm seriously considering bringing the family over to South East Ireland and staying here for a couple of nights. Good small, independently run hotels like this break the monotony of business travel and the larger chains should aspire to this level of service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank PointyHairedBoss78
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Myself and my family have been going to the Granville for years.
Each year we've attempted to veer away and be adventurous with other towns, cities or hotels but on balance the Granville is just the best hotel in Waterford for what we need.
The hotel feels as though it's a place the locals go to from it's carvery to the local staff who look after us brilliantly each year. Also, with it's proximity to Waterford city centre, there's no need for taxis, buses or anything else- you just walk to and from everything & this includes my elderly grandmother!
The breakfast is also served which is a tradition I feel is dying out but sadly so.
At night, the bar is usually pretty busy but not hopping- just nice for families or couples.
If you are staying in Waterford, you will struggle to find a hotel of a higher standard in a better location than the Granville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel looking out on to the river.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lav-senior
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I like historic classy places and Granville is both. It's location on the river and main street couldn't be better. You can walk to most things. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet is great - we had brunch and got two-meals' worth. Ask for the porridge, but avoid the scrambled eggs unless you like them bland watery lukewarm and tasteless. Everything else was very good. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably quieter being farther away from street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JandEGranitebay_CA
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. Really delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Granville Hotel and that you thought the rooms where comfortable and clean and that your experience in our carvery was good. Other readers I think will enjoy the tip about the porridge . I am sorry about the scrambled eggs I hope it did'nt take the shine off what was a most enjoyable stay for you. Hopefully you get the opportunity to make a return visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

i have never written a review before now but felt so strongly that i had to write about the Granville in waterford. i had not stayed there for over 30 years but somthings never change - its a class act !! the rooms were spotless and very cosy with multi channel tv , tea / coffee facilities.

The staff in every dept were excellent and what can i say about the food - heavenly !!!!

With its very central location this hotel is a must when staying in Waterford - I am going to treat my wife to a visit very shortly.

JIM COLLINS - IRELAND - AGED 55

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank collinsdj
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write your first ever review. Really delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Granville Hotel and that you thought the service ,the roomand food were all great. Hopefully you get the opportunity to make a return visit soon and that you can bring your wife.