Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$183
US$168
US$136
US$154
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$89
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
US$88
1,360 results
All reviewsmunster roompresidential suiteprivate islandcar ferrygolf clubdriving rangeself catering lodgesclaw foot tubfairy taleround of golfsitting roomfamily weddingold worldfrom start to finishsconesfollowing morningtop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We wanted to stay in at least one Castle on our trip to Ireland and after reading reviews decided on Waterford Castle Hotel. The staff was lovely and helpful throughout our stay. Breakfast in the morning was amazing--one of the best we had. However the beds and room furnishings left much to be desired. Between the old and uncomfortable beds, the wildlife and no temperature control in rooms it was one of the worst nights sleep we had.

1  Thank LindseyV746
Derek C, General Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for finding the time to post your review. We were very pleased to read of your initial findings with staff and food being complimented. I am sorry to learn of the discomfort you experienced with the beds and I am concerned that we were not able to provide you a good night's sleep.
Refurbishment is on going at Waterford Castle and I do hope that you will consider returning so as we could showcase the improvements that are intended.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I visited Waterford Castle on Friday afternoon for a lunch which I had anticipated for quite some time. It was Good Friday and I had to argue with the receptionist that they were indeed serving lunches as I had called ahead to check.
We went into the bar and ordered from an extremely friendly and engaging waiter. However when our cod arrived, despite it looking great, it was possibly the most disappointing food I have had in a long time. I am fortunate enough to have eaten good food in many countries and was very annoyed that the standard of food here was so poor. The cod was cold and I asked for vinegar for my chips and some vinegar sachets were delivered to the table. I was amazed. Would it be too much to expect that some effort be made in presentation and that sachets more appropriate to the local chipper would not be put on the table for a lunch costing over 50 euro?
I ordered a plain ham sandwich for my 3 year old daughter and the sandwich when it arrived was a ham and Brie salad sandwich. Clearly not appropriate for a 3 year old. And for a sandwich costing so much, would it be too much to expect that the ham used is not packet ham as it clearly was?
I am from Waterford and have moved back to the area after quite a few years and I was looking forward to sampling good food in my home city. I can only say I was so disappointed when I had wanted it to be so good.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pmur74
Derek C, General Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. After reading your review I experienced the same sentiment that you also did, that being 'so dissapointed'. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the dissapointment you experienced at Waterford Castle. The initial reception as you described it is not at all befitting of what it should be and the food quality was simply not good enough. In relation to vinegar sachets, I was horrified to hear that you were presented with sachets and I do not think it is too much too expect a more enhanced form of presentation. I am giving your comments urgent attention and I do hope that you will consider returning as I would greatly like the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We had a family wedding at the hotel 15th March. What a wonderful stay we had there. Everything was brilliant - the Castle was the perfect, romantic setting, the food was good, the staff were friendly, the rooms we stayed in were warm and cosy, lovely walk around the island seeing deer the following day - As I said everything was brilliant, I would love another wedding there, anyone...

Room Tip: All the rooms were good
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Derek C, General Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you indeed for sharing your views with us. Your positive review makes us most proud and your description of everything being brilliant is very rewarding for all of us at Waterford Castle.
It was our pleasure to have you with us and we will look forward to having you return in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Loved the castle on the Island! We walked the Island and saw lots of wildlife, the dinning experience was a perfect 10, and the rooms where amazing. We had the executive suite and the large window in the bedroom and sitting room looked over the river, we sat and watched hundreds of birds. The bathroom was large and clean. The staff where friendly and great. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at Waterford Castle. Your review was full of compliments all of which I will be eagerly passing on to all of my colleagues. Our Food & Beverage team will be most proud of the perfect 10 score!
We sincerely appreciate your seal of approval and we greatly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night break from the magnificent lodges we were so impressed by our lavish accomodation we opted to stay a 4th night .On arrival we were checked in very efficiently considering there was a private function on .Myself my parents and my 17 month little boy had ample room in the lodge open plan sittin room and kitchen meant my son had loads of room to run around and be a boisterous boy that he is :) .. normally in a hotel he gets quiet agitated .The lodge had 3 fab size bedroom with 2 ensuite all underfloor heating plentifull hot water couldn't fault it .Fire in the wall downstairs was toasty .The grounds are also fantastic had lovely walks and a fab playground for my son to play in .My partner arrived a day later and felt maybe I was slightly exaggerating but on arrival he soon realised they were every bit as luxurious as I had said .We had our breakfast on one morning in the hotel amazing selection all fresh to the table .. All in all it was such a fantastic break we feel utterly revived and shall no doubt return in the very near future. The staff are all extremely pleasant and very helpful .Thank you for a fab break .

1  Thank sarsjl

Dear Reviewer
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Your commentary was a delight to read along with being most gratifying for us. To hear that your 3 night stay turned into a 4 night speaks volumes for us. I was most pleased with your glowing feedback about our lodges and what they have to offer. I will look forward to sharing your recognition with all of my colleagues at Waterford Castle.
Thank you for a fab review and we look forward to seeing you soon!