We travel a lot and stay in all classes of hotels, from inexpensive Budget hotels to Luxurious resorts. If you look at my reviews on tripadvisor you will see that I only give bad reviews if they are deserved. This one is deserved, so don't ignore it.
1. This was a terrible facility. It is horribly in need of a full renovation and repair. I recommend that you not stay here until the owners close the facility and totally renovate.
2. They advertise free wi-fi throughout the castle, but Wi-fi does not work except within 50 feet of the only router, located near the bar.
3. The heating system is archaic. The entire hotel is on one thermostat, and is not turned on unless it is VERY cold outside. Our room was terribly cold and the hotel gave us a very small, inefficient space heater to use, which did not help.
4. Lighting is minimal to poor in the guest rooms and the lamps were held together using adhesive tape. (yes, adhesive tape held the lamps together).
5. wood floors were worn, dirty and scratched.
6. There was no curtain in the bathroom; people outside could look in. The hotel had maintenance department install a curtain, but it fell to the floor overnight. We had to tape it to the wall using band-aids. The maintenance department arrives at 1pm each day and leaves at 5pm. No maintenance is performed from 5pm through 1pm the following day.
7. Bathroom sink was totally clogged closed when we arrived. Castle had maintenance come use a plunger to unclog the drain.
8. Carpeting is stained, worn and dirty in guest rooms and throughout the castle.
9. There were only enough electric outlets in the guest room for the few lamps and the TV located almost 30 feet from the bed. There were only three outlets in the room for our personal use.
10. The remote control for the TV did not work.
11. Cell service did not work in the guest room. Reception for cell phones only existed in the hallways and lobby.
12. The "Nature Trails" were boggy and wet. We did not know this and our shoes sunk into the mud before we saw the mud.
13. This was a terrible facility. It is horribly in need of a full renovation and repair. I would recommend that you not stay here until the owners close the facility and totally renovate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on its own private Island on the River Suir, Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort offers 4 Star Luxury Castle Accommodation nestled in the suburbs of Waterford City.Feel yourself travel through time as you make the magical journey by our complimentary Car Ferry to the 310 acre Island Resort.With an amazing history stretching back to the 6th century, wake up in Waterford Castle Hotel Ireland after a peaceful night’s sleep to the picturesque and enchanting scenes and sounds the island has to offer. Enjoy gourmet food served in our award winning Munster room restaurant and Fitzgerald Bar or simply relax by the large open fire in 16th Century surroundings.For family, group or self catering in Waterford our Island Garden Lodges are the perfect place to experience the South East.Island Activities include our 18 hole Championship Golf Course, our fantastic tennis courts, clay Pigeon Shooting or croquet on the Castle lawns.Waterford Castle also provides a stunning Irish castle wedding venue for an unforgettable Wedding Day. Imagine… A legendary Castle, on an Island Haven; exclusively yours. All in all Waterford Castle Hotel and golf resort provides a luxury destination to escape from life itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterford Castle