Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
Granville Hotel(Waterford)
  • Restaurant
Fitzwilton Hotel(Waterford)
1,360 results
All reviewsmunster roompresidential suiteprivate islandcar ferrygolf clubdriving rangeself catering lodgesclaw foot tubfairy taleround of golfsitting roomfamily weddingold worldfrom start to finishsconesfollowing morningtop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were traveling around Ireland for the past few weeks and stayed at Waterford Castle only one night. I wish it could have been longer. We arrived around 6:30pm to a gentleman at the reception desk who couldn't have been any more welcoming. We had been upgraded to the Wedgewood room which was lovely, from the down sofa cushions, to the lovely sheets and duvet, to the beautiful bathroom. We had eaten previously so all 4 of us had appetizers in the main dining room only. We were not made to feel out of place because we had not ordered a main meal. We walked the grounds at night which were beautifully lighted. Lastly we spent time in the comfortable bar. Our only disappointment was that we couldn't stay for another day. Great experience. Great staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Derek C, General Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Your lovely comments were most welcomed at Waterford Castle. I am looking forward to sharing your feedback with all my colleagues whom I expect will be most humbled by the recognition.
We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope you can stay longer the next time!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Unfortunately this time we didn't stay in the hotel but returned just for a meal there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We held our wedding reception in Waterford Castle a few years ago.

The food was as good as we remembered and being in the lovely Munster Room brought back fabulous memories. My husband had a lovely risotto to start, I had a quail pie, we both had perfectly cooked beef for mains with delicious veg. Dessert was good also, as was our wine which we polished off in the bar area after our meal. I love the entrance lobby and large fireplace so we had a drink there before departing. Service was good in every area.

Looking forward to my next anniversary already, hopefully we will be able to organise an overnight stay as well as there are few hotels which beat the amazing breakfast Waterford Castle does!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Derek C, General Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback following your recent stay. I greatly look forward to sharing your review with all at Waterford Castle and in particular with the Food & Beverage team.
It was lovely to have you back with us and we wish you a belated happy anniversary.
We look forward to welcoming you back for the next one or even sooner we hope.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed at the Waterford Castle only one night on our recent travels through Ireland. We stayed at the condos apart from the castle. Ours was a modern three bedroom with three and a half baths and a full kitchen, fireplace. Very nicely appointed. We only wished we had more time to enjoy this property. The breakfast was very good...all of the staff friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again. The short ferry boat ride over was fun!

Room Tip: We did not stay in the actual castle so I don't know what the rooms would be like. However if you are traveling with a family the condos are a good value and they are very roomy. Our condo backed on the property so we had a lovely view of the fields.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for finding the time to post your review. I was delighted to read of your findings with our Castle Lodges and we are grateful for your complimentary remarks. It is very reassuring to learn that you would definitely stay again and we too hope that you have more time on that occassion.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed in a 4 bed lodge for the weekend. Houses are fantastic, very well laid out, beds very comfortable ! Lady at reception was very welcoming and helpful ! Had dinner in the golf clubhouse as there was a wedding in the castle itself. Food was very reasonably priced and tasted fantastic ! Will stay again, beautiful spot !!

Room Tip: Ask for a lodge that faces onto the gold course, the were deer wondering around !
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was delighted to read your review and we greatly appreciate your compliments. I will pass your comments to the team at the clubhouse whom I am sure will be most satisfied with your remarks.
I am pleased to read that you will stay again and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We arrived at Waterford Castle on 14 May in the afternoon. The lady on reception (sorry can't recall her name) was so friendly and such a delight. Great check in experience. We stayed in the Wedgewood Room and it is everything and much more than expected. Absolutely huge, and just perfect. A bottle of wine waiting for us as well as sparkling water.
We had dinner in the Munster room and the food was sensational and the wait staff were efficient friendly and again absolutely delightful. Our dessert also was decorated with 'happy anniversary'. Got back to our room and it had been cleaned and decorated with flower petals - wow.
Next day after a lovely breakfast we went for a lovely walk around the island and then played a round of golf in the afternoon. The lady in the Pro Shop was lovely as was everyone we came across.
Another beautiful fantastic meal the next night, fabulous wait staff, and again that night came back to the room and it was refreshed and cleaned and lavender put on the bed. We have travelled quite extensively and I must say the attention to detail and the little extras are something that I will remember.
We checked out on the 16 after 2 magical special days. The lady who checked us out was also really lovely and friendly.
Coming from Australia, castles are something we don't have, staying here for us was such a special experience and I cannot speak highly enough of the service, friendliness and wonderful people working at Waterford Castle, congratulations and a huge thank you for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Wedgewood Room was magnificent
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Derek C, General Manager at Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful feedback with us. Your review was such a delight to read with such compliments in abundance. I was most reassured to learn of your great check in experience and I will pass your comments to the lady in question who was Linda. It will be my pleasure to present your review to all my colleagues whom I am certain will be most proud.
I am delighted that you chose Waterford Castle and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Our sincere thanks for such a glowing review and a belated happy anniversary from all of us at the castle.