“Very expensive but lovely restaurant”
Review of Bellissimo

Bellissimo
Ranked #31 of 177 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Mediterranean dining experience to savour! Always a pleasure. Bellissimo is a tried and tested favourite, that is almost without comparison in Waterford City. Our aim is to welcome each and every customer and make every effort to ensure that they enjoy their dining experience with us.Casual dining, high quality food at value for money prices.... Ranging from finest Chargrilled Steaks and local Seafood to traditional Pizza's and scrumptious Pasta dishes. One of our highlights is our artisan Cocktail List which has been added recently along with a great range of Beers and Spirit's.Each meal is cooked to order. All menu's are available on our website. Seating for 80.Beautiful South facing sunny balcony. Ample free car parking. Enjoy a pre dinner drink in our "Snug". Truly "A Restaurant for all occasions "
Waterford, Ireland
“Very expensive but lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

The food here is lovely and the menu is good, there is something for everyone. Service is also very good. However the menu is very expensive for such a casual styled restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restuarant. Delighted you enjoyed the visit! We will take on board your comments about how you perceived our prices as being expensive. Being a fully licenced restaurant offering highest quality local seasonal product we have high expectations of what we have to offer, I guess we are never going to be the cheapest.

However we are confident that we deliver value for money with Starters raning from €4.45 to €9.95, the vast majority of Main courses are priced below €20 (Gourmet Pizza €14.95, gorgeous seafood pasta at €16) and desserts costing on average €6.50. Early Bird menu priced at €22.

We genuinely look forward to visiting us again soon and hope the menu delivers again on all fronts, including price the next time
We would be delighted to answer any questions you may have during that visit

Kind regards,

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Top Class Dining Experience”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was my first experience of Bellissimo, it was recommended by a friend. We got a taxi from city centre to this restaurant and the taxi driver gave it great reviews. There was a warm welcome on arrival, and we were seated in a lovely comfortable area in the restaurant. Great service throughout our meal by staff, fantastic starter of bruschetta followed by beautiful sea bass which was excellent, and my friend and I decided to share the chocolate fondant which when I think of it I should have got one to myself as it was so good. I have been to some fantastic restaurants and I defiantly feel Bellissimo is another reason to return to Waterford in the future. Would recommend to anyone visiting Waterford.

• Visited October 2013
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed your visit with us. If memory serves me right you were down from Kerry for the weekend, visiting the Sunny South East:)
If you down again make sure to pop in again!

Warmest regards,
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Nice restaurant, we arrived in late after a long days travelling. Staff are friendly and helpful and we didn't feel rushed at all.

I had the seafood morsels for starters and the belissimo pizza for mains. My partner had the crostini platter and another pizza (can't remember which)

The food was great, very quick service and served piping hot. Restaurant was very busy which added to the atmosphere.

Well worth the visit

Visited October 2013
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
William, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We are very concious of how we'd like our customers to experience Bellissimo and i think you've confirmed that we are hitting the nail on the head!.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards,
Waterford, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Myself and my husband went to Bellissimo over the weekend. Food was excellent!!! We both went for early bird menu- great value! Staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. Cozy and relaxing atmosphere, huge selection of wine. We really enjoyed our visit.

• Visited October 2013
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed your visit recently.
We are genuinely happy and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kindest regards,
“Won't be back!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Been here a few times as I work in the hospital near by and have never enjoyed the experience not many vegetarian dishes on the menu so usually opt for a pizza which lately the last two have been burnt on the edges and soggy in the middle. People with me and also been unimpressed with the food they got like 4 prawns in a salad for €9.95 really??!!

Find the staff rude asked for a extra sprinkling of cheese on my risotto and got asked "would you like some risotto with your cheese" another time needed change for a Birthday card and asked could I have two €10 for a €20 to be told "we are not a bank" after four of us has spent at least €20 each on average food and overpriced drinks!

Will defiantly not be back and will choose to go to the nicer and more laid back and friendly cafes/pubs in the area.

• Visited September 2013
6 Thank Summerfun75
Tony M, Owner at Bellissimo, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I think this is the first time that my response to a review is one based on the fact that I believe the content of the review is very dubious. You have never reviewed any other restaurant, hotel, venue, attraction etc. You have no personal details on your profile......so our valued customers might understand if I seem sceptical at best , annoyed at worst
While people are entitled to an opinion and have the right to express it, no member of my staff would be rude as you've described.
In Bellissimo we are noted for our excellent service and friendliness.

But even with that said, we will have a conversation in the resturant and use your feedback as a prompt to reinforce our service charter.
By the way we don't have a salad with prawns on our menu

Yours sincerely,