“Beds need replacement” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Grenoble, France
“Beds need replacement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed 1 night on our way around Ireland. We were warmly welcomed but the room was disapointing. We stayed downstairs and there was a musty (urine?) smell in the room. The room had a single and double bed. This was just as well as both matresses were in need of replacement. The two of us didn't even try to sleep in the same bed in an effort to get a reasonable sleep - there were springs poking through the matress and there would have been some serious roll-together on the double. The window latch was almost falling off and the TV remote battery was flat (but it was replaced on request). No soap in the bathroom either...

A message to Management: Perform a maintenance check on the rooms - small improvements (and new matresses) could make all the difference to the guest experience. And get the garden staff to pick up the garbage coming from the McDonalds resturant next door...

Apart from the McDonalds there is not much choice nearby, there is a shopping mall about 1.5km away and it's about 2.5km to the "downtown" area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeUK, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Cloted

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you have cause for complaint, and that your stay did not meet with your expectations on this occasion.

Your valuable comments will be used to support any improvements which may be required at this hotel.

In addition, we would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us with this, please can you visit our main Travelodge website and use the new ‘Contact Us’ form to securely provide us with your confirmation number and full details of your complaint.

We will then be able to fully investigate your concerns with the Hotel Management team, and provide a resolution.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Wokingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

4th TL stayed at during tour of Ireland. Standard TL rooms and layout. Perfectly good service and clean comfortable room. I sometimes wonder which rooms people have stayed in when i read reviews! Perhaps I'm at fault for not taking a magnifying glass with me. 40 euros got us a perfectly good nights stay with no frills. Have stayed in at least a dozen Travelodges in the last 12 months and the standard has always been maintained the same.
Only about 1.5 miles from town centre and Waterford Crystal centre. Only disappointment was we had decided to eat at The Manor nearby and having arrived at 8.30 found they don't serve food later than 8.00 on Sundays. Had to settle for a takeaway from McDonalds (next door) and a bottle of red in our room!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Nick
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of not only our hotel but other Travelodge Hotels in Ireland. I was delighted to hear of the good service you recieved and I have passed on your comments to them as they take great pride in their customer care and are always pleased to hear positive feedback.
I hope you enjoyed your bottle of red and your trip around Ireland via TL :)
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing again if you return

Baldock
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Filthy carpet and thick dust under the bed, the bed itself was extremely uncomfortable as the springs were all sticking out ,tried turning the mattress but it was very stained on the other side , the bed base was also extremely dirty....overall a great disappointment ! Gone downhill since I stayed there 3 years ago.Worst Travelodge I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank skylark D
Dear skylark D

Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Let me start with the positive. The Travelodge in Waterford is well situated along the N25. It is right next to a McDonalds and another Diner so the weary traveler can get a bite to eat without having to go very far. The staff are quite pleasant and it was no trouble for them to allow me to store my bicycles in their staffroom. The negative to this hotel is that it is in need of a lot of updating. At the price I paid, I wasn't looking for luxury but I was expecting a bed which still had some working springs. Come on, get some new beds! Would I use it again....... maybe. I have to remember that you get what you paid for and we paid for a quick stopover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the hen parties.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Snowmax,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Travelodge Waterford.
I am glad that you found our team pleasant and that they were able to accommodate your bicycle
Since your stay we have commenced a rolling program of replacing uncomfortable mattresses in rooms where required. I hope that when you return again you will see the improvements we have made.
Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Waterford again in the future

Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. We walked in the door and were greeted by a musty smell and a rude receptionist. The smell got worse as we walked down the hall to our room. In the room the table top had crumbs and hairs on it. The shelf beside the bed had a spot of blood on it. The carpet had not been hoovered and was all stained. The sink in the bathroom had hairs on it. The bed sagged completely in the middle. It had obviously not been cleaned at all. I would have complained but didnt feel there was any point given the attitude of the receptionist. At 10 that night three or four dogs a few rooms started barking loudly for about 10 minutes. We got out of there as fast as we could the morning after!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L W
Dear LW,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel.
I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments about Travelodge Waterford and how unhappy you were with your stay.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel below so that I can personally deal with your comments.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed there this week end. The place is a total dive. I've traveled all around the world for over 20 years and this is one of the worst I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. It's absolutely filthy. I can no stress this enough. It's miles outside the town. The staff are indifferent. I'm sorry I didn't sleep in my car. The hotel is a disgrace. Don't dream of staying in it. Please book elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank 55port
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear 55port,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the email address below so that I can deal directly with your comments

david.ryan@travelodge.ie
Northwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Bit difficult to find if you come in to Waterford on the new N25 bridge from the western direction (from Cork). you expect it to be as you come into Waterford not all the way through the City centre and out the other side. Still we managed and all was easy thereafter. Had a good visit to Waterford Glass - very easy from hotel - but hotel itself not well placed for a 'local meal and or pub drink' even if as we were driving. Excellent 'twin bedded room' 2 real beds rather than the familiar double bed and couch for those couple who prefer separate beds. Value for money all round save one cannot be too impressed with Eddie Rockets ambiance but the breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a twin if you prefer separate 'real beds'
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear HCHemming,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of Travelodge Waterford.
I am glad you found us in the end and that you enjoyed your visit to Waterford Crystal.
For future reference we are on the R680 Cork Road which should make it easier for you to locate us
I was also delghted to read your positive comments about our twin rooms and that you feel we are great value for money all around.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.