“Very Good For An Overnight Stay”

Travelodge Waterford
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stay here every week. It's a good hotel and the place is comfortable and clean. It's all I need. No frills and never and hassle making a booking. Staff are helpful and good for information on the local area too.

Room Tip: Rooms fourty eight and fourty nine are fantastic
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear GarrettFM,

Thank you for taking to the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us always meets your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We stay here all the time. You get what you pay for but the place is getting better. Entire place has been painted and it looks well and there are some nice new touches around the hotel too. Can't wait for the new Eddie rockets to open yum yum!

• Stayed: November 2013
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Emmak85,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We are currently refurbishing the property and have a brand new lobby planned for early 2014 as well. Also just to let you know that our Rockin Joe's restaurant opened yesterday so you will be able to enjoy their fantastic food next time you visit us

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this lovely hotel. The cleanliness was very good, rooms were comfortable and warm and they even have flat screen tv’s!!! I couldn't fault it :) The Gentleman at the front desk was also very welcoming..

Room Tip: They have a restaurant like Eddie Rockets opening soon I believe
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Laineycal2006,

Thank you for your review. We are always delighted to receive such nice comments from a satisfied guest. I hope you will visit us again sometime

Many thanks,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

lovely place to stay ,very reasonable .
staff couldnt be nicer and were very helpful .
beds were very comfortable great nights sleep
will recommend here to anyone .
i will most definately be back here again .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Marcella R,

Both myself and my staff were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I found my stay here to be great. The hotel was in a great location, near lots shops, restaurants and pubs. Which was very handy. The staff were all very helpful and polite. I will definitely be staying here next time I'm in waterford.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Gillian,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will come back to visit us again in the near future

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Anyone booking here expecting The Ritz should go see their doctor at once; this is a budget hotel for those looking for basic accommodation that wont break the bank. I have to say I was very surprised by the quality and comfort of the mattresses in the rooms, however I did find the pillows a tad on the hard side (but this would be a personal observation rather than a criticism - I like soft pillows). The rooms were spacious and clean however the premises could do with an upgrade - which would appear to be happening as there were notices in the public areas stating so. I found all the staff I met during my stay very friendly and if attending a function in Waterford City again I will definitely stay here as it offers value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Aud4mDeise,

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel and our staff. Our aim is always to provide quality accommodation to guests at affordable prices and make sure that your stay with us is as enjoyable as possible. As you rightly mentioned, we are currently in the process of improving our property with a new restaurant opening on December 6th and a newly refurbish foyer area coming soon as well. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

The price was very reasonable for this hotel and was really the reason we stayed here. The first room we were given had a strong smell of smoke, the second hadn't been cleaned (bed not made, food wrappers) so we went with the third room. The woman at the desk was very nice and apologized for our inconvenience. I don't think I would stay here again - not really a place for families or couples it was mostly construction workers from outside the country who hadn't found apartments yet. Although it says free internet in the lobby, there wasn't any.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Capecodgirl12,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and thank you also for your kind words about our member of staff. It appears that we definitely failed when it came to communication between our departments and this is something that i have addressed with our staff. Unfortunately we dont provide free wifi in the hotel but once again I apologise for any confusion that arose regarding this issue.

If you every have need of accommodation in the Waterford area again, could i ask that you please contact myself directly and give Travelodge Waterford a chance to redeem itself.