“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!”

Travelodge Waterford
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Kildare, Ireland
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I am no stranger to staying in a travel lodge but this is one of the absolute worst I have ever stayed in. First of all we were told no smoking ha! What a joke the hallway smells of smoke the room absolutley wreaked of smoke to be honest only the fact we paid on arrival I would have high tailed out of the place. There was mould on the bathroom ceiling and I don't mean a little bit I mean the whole roof was covered. The bed omg don't even get me started on the bed, was there a mattress who knows because I couldn't feel one under me. I wasn't a member of trip advisor until this visit to this hotel but its so bad it actually made me join to warn people not to stay here. You can't even find the entrance to get in here because there is construction work going on which was not mentioned on any website to advice people. I could have stayed in a nice b&b closer to town for cheaper if I had of know it was this bad. That's another thing it is not that close to the city. The only plus was the receptionist at check in she was genuinely a lovely woman and advised of some good places to eat in the city, we took her advice on a place she mentioned and were not disappointed that woman is probably the only nice thing about this hotel. Again I state DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank leezer1
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Leezer1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Feedback from all of our guests is very important as we always want guest expectations to be met. Customer care has been a main focus of mine since i took up my position here in the hotel a few months ago and i was disappointed that your issues were not brought to our attention at the time in question as i would have liked the opportunity to try to address them for you.

In response to the points that you made, we do operate a non smoking policy in the hotel and this is something that is enforced vigorously. Our location is as described and we are located just outside the city centre. Our temporary entrance is well signposted with 11 signs however i am sorry if you had difficulty locating reception upon arrival and i offer my most sincerest of apologies for the problems that you encountered in relation to the your bedroom. We have embarked on a major refurbishment programme that has begun with the construction work that you mentioned which will provide the hotel with a brand new modern spacious foyer area for guests.

I would like to discuss your issues with you in greater detail and would be grateful if you could please make contact with myself directly here in the hotel.

Many thanks,

Conor Mulhall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We traveled by car touring the area. We found this hotel late in the day. For the price it was clean & comfortable with a good location. The front desk staff was friendly & helpful. Plenty of parking. Close to fast food restaurants. Being from the states we recognized the name so on short notice we felt comfortable with the choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank josflowerbasket
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Josflowerbasket,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad that you both enjoyed your stay with us and i am also delighted to see from your other reviews of Waterford that you had time to visit some of our city's attractions such as Waterford Crystal and T&H Doolans. I hope you will visit us again here in Ireland very soon

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Staff very friendly, great location very central to things everything in walking distance only 10 min walk to the city an shops, rooms are lovely spotless, great value for money, will stay again when I visit Waterford......

• Stayed December 2013
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Son52,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall pass your kind words onto our staff.

Clonmel, Ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel and found it to be excellent value for money. The cost was very economical, with modern and clean rooms, so although the prices are cheap, it doesn't feel like you are compromising on quality. The staff were friendly and helpful. The wireless internet works ok but you do have to pay for it (5 euro/day). Parking is complimentary and right in front of the hotel. The diner next to the hotel was basic but lovely food - the milkshakes are especially good. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Eat in the diner next door
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Elaine O,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Both myself and the staff here at Travelodge were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will come back and visit us again sometime in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stay here every week. It's a good hotel and the place is comfortable and clean. It's all I need. No frills and never and hassle making a booking. Staff are helpful and good for information on the local area too.

Room Tip: Rooms fourty eight and fourty nine are fantastic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear GarrettFM,

Thank you for taking to the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us always meets your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We stay here all the time. You get what you pay for but the place is getting better. Entire place has been painted and it looks well and there are some nice new touches around the hotel too. Can't wait for the new Eddie rockets to open yum yum!

• Stayed November 2013
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Emmak85,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We are currently refurbishing the property and have a brand new lobby planned for early 2014 as well. Also just to let you know that our Rockin Joe's restaurant opened yesterday so you will be able to enjoy their fantastic food next time you visit us

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this lovely hotel. The cleanliness was very good, rooms were comfortable and warm and they even have flat screen tv’s!!! I couldn't fault it :) The Gentleman at the front desk was also very welcoming..

Room Tip: They have a restaurant like Eddie Rockets opening soon I believe
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Conor M, General Manager at Travelodge Waterford, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Laineycal2006,

Thank you for your review. We are always delighted to receive such nice comments from a satisfied guest. I hope you will visit us again sometime

Many thanks,