“Italian in Ireland? YES!”
Review of Emiliano's

Emiliano's
Ranked #3 of 175 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Italian in Ireland? YES!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

You wouldn't think of Italian food in Ireland, but this little restaurant tucked away on a downtown street will not disappoint! Went on a Tuesday night and was fortunate enough to get in without a reservation (I would recommend you making one for sure). This restaurant is the real deal for Italian food. Run by a group of Italian folks, the food was great, reasonably priced half-carafes of wine, and a very intimate/personal atmosphere. Would definitely come here again if we ever find ourselves in Waterford again!

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
“Blown away by the food”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to give Emiliano's a try after reading the amazing reviews on TA.
The place lived up to its reputation.
After our visit to the medieval museum and Bishop's Palace, the restaurant was only a five minute walk away.
We got there in time for the early bird special today (Sunday).
They were offering two items (starter & main course or main course & dessert) for €19. Choosing all three would have been €24.
My girlfriend had the bruschetta as a starter while I had the king prawns.
Both were served quickly and were absolutely delicious.
For our main course we had the vegetarian penne and the lasagna. Again, we were extremely satisfied with our meals.
The attention to detail is also worth noting. Cutlery was replaced regularly and everyone was attentive to our needs.
The Italian waiters also give the place authenticity - I spent three weeks in Italy in March and I felt like I was back there!
The host came around and we chatted about my trip. Friendly guy.
For dessert we had crème brûlée and cheese cake, which we savoured and ate to the last crumb.
The overall cost was €62 and I feel like it was worth every Euro.
Would definitely go back.

Visited June 2014
Waterford, Ireland
“Know their stuff”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Had a business dinner there 3weeks ago and it went a dream, Wednesday night and there was a good atsmousphere. One of the clients was celiac and it was handled brilliantly. Excellent food and great people.

Visited May 2014
“"Thanks for finding my screw"”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Decent food, horrible experience. My friend almost swallowed a screw that was in his desert (inside the ice cream). Appalled, we called the waiter who tried to be funny and explained this fell from the ice cream maker without any real thoughts about how HUGE this was, had he chewed it/swallowed he would have ended up in the hospital.

Waiter INSISTED to make us another fondue and we repeatedly refused, he got it anyway and CHARGED us for it. When we explained he said "but I got you another one". The people clearly need to be trained on how to handle such situations, in decent restaurants, the desert would have at least been free, probably the whole meal!! He only removed it after we insisted.

The food was good but nothing really impressive. If you must go, then go for the early bird as it's not much value for money otherwise.

3 Thank Hicham Z
emiliano c, Owner at Emiliano's, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
dear customers i can understand how upset you must feel and i thank you to report this matter and i can only say SORRY and that you are absolutely right about the lack of importance that the staff give to the situation very very poor i m agree hundred per cent .this situation had to be handled very differently . this accident was reported to me the same night, ,unfortunately after you had left and this already was a big a disappointment for me because was just to late and @ that stage you were already gone home . i did carefully speak to my staff telling them how serious was the accident and what kind of consequence this could lead to , but unfortunately accidents happen anytime to anybody and this was typical example of it . the waiter should not charge for any dessert at all for the all group and if he tried to be funny i really apologise for this and as you know i expect that the staff would of had more common sense but in this case was not like that. ! again my deepest apologies to you and your party .regards emiliano cislaghi
Kilkenny
“yum yum! Emiliano's”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very friendly staff with a good knowledge of the menu.Lovely tasty food that will suit young and old alike. Past, piazz, meat, fish they have it all.Nice cosy atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014