“Sour beer” 2 of 5 bubbles

Munster Bar
Ranked #14 of 174 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterford, Ireland
“Sour beer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Have drunk in here several times. Found beer has the been to be quite sour on each occasion. Pity seeing as it is a fine and beautiful building.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

South East
“Great food, friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The Munster is a real gem, great food, warm friendly atmosphere and great value. Convenient location close to the Viking triangle, beside the theatre royal so perfect for pre theatre dinner or a leisurely meal.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank sus_gal
Granbury, Texas
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Munster Bar is across the street from the Waterford Crystal Factory. The food, the beer and the service was excellent. As the chef was taking a break, he even came over and visited with us for a while. This was a typical Irish Pub but it was beautiful inside.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank golferkay
Clarksburg, nj
“Best food we had in Ireland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The food here was absolutely delicious. The choices on the menu were the most varied of all of the restaurants we dined at during our entire Ireland trip, which covered Limmerick, Killarney, Cork, and Adare Counties. I had the Smokie for an appetizer, the seafood pie (both made in house, yay!) for my entree, and because everything was so good had to try the dessert. I decided on the pear almond tart which was very good. I am not a fan of bread pudding but because it looked different from what I am used to in the States I decided to sample my sister's and it too was delish. The cream that was on all of the desserts was also great. My tween daughter is not a burger girl but, loves bacon, so decided on the burger. She enjoyed it very much, especially the bacon. I couldn't convince her to try the tomato relish, oh well, more for me to enjoy! I had it with my fries and picked up a couple of jars at Centra for home. I can only hope it taster as good. Our waiter was very attentive and the restaurant is in the same area as several tourist attractions, including Waterford Crystal, the Reginald Tower, and the Medieval Museum. I would definitely have to make ths a stop if I ever return to Ireland!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Sheri G
Waterford
“lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My family have been to the Munster now for years, and we cant fault the food in any way, It's always freshly cooked and piping hot, the service is great and the staff are very helpful and chirpy, it is a family run restaurant and bar and the Fitzgeralds go out of their way to make your stay a very pleasant one, and of course the price is very good for the quality. Would highly recommend it,

• Visited November 2013