Woodlands Hotel
Granville Hotel(Waterford)
  • Restaurant
Fitzwilton Hotel(Waterford)
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure centrefunction roomattending a weddingdunmore eastbar foodlovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotelwaterford citybar stafffrom start to finishlast weekendbreakfast roommain coursegreat weekendfood was lovelykathleenoscars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here before and had a terible time. This time it wasn't perfect but it has come a long way.

The first thing that you would have to say is that the staf are cheery, efficient and go that extra yard to make you welcome and to help. So where does it fall down?

The rooms have benn done up. It's a lot cleaner than it use to be but litle things count. Like the TV reception pure rubbish. The heating didn't work in the room. THere were two bedside lockers but only one lamp. THe litle things let this hotel down. The lack of an A la Carte in the restuarant on a Friday night was odd.

Would we go back? Yes and that is more than we would have said after the last visit. Look forward to them getting it all right. But the staff make up for everything as they are so obliging.

Stayed 27th to 29th January 2012.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Fintan_Mac_Ireland
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Fintan_Mac_Ireland,

Thank you for your review. Firstly I was delighted to read that your stay was better than previous.

Please note that we have taken all of your comments on board in relation to the room and restaurant. It is great to hear that you found the staff Cheery & efficient, I will ensure to pass these comments on to the team..

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

This hotel is used extensively by my company. We are acutely aware that you will not get a nights sleep if there is a wedding or party on in this hotel, hence we have another hotel in Waterford we use. I always when booking and on the day of my arrival enquire if there is any weddings/parties etc and if so I go to the other hotel we use. Also ask for a room away from the bar area as if your room is above the bar you will be kept awake with noisy extractor fans and late night revellers at the weekends.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mickptre

Dear Mickptre,

Thank you for your respond and for taking my call.
We are delighted that you will be returning to the Woodlands Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Hotel facilities are adequate, gym is looking dated. After the gym I was ravenous and looking forward to a good meal and a pint, unfortunately I got 2 pieces of burned breaded fish( catch of the day but no description!!) also the chips with it were quite obviously frozen shoestring chips!!

Should have gotten the burger, I was really disappointed with the meal, but the pint was nice.

Would stay again, but would not eat here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear therealpodge,

Thank you for your review. I was disapointed to read that the food was not up to standard. Please be assured that will be dealt with the most urgency.

In relation to the leisure centre, we have recently made improvements in the common areas. Thank you for your feedback on this.

We hope to welcome you back to the Woodlands Hotel.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed in the Woodlands Hotel during the Christmas period and I really enjoyed my stay. Although limited the everything we ate off the Bar Food menu was gorgeous and from speaking to other guests the set menu from the restaurant sounded beautiful. The staff were very friendly and while young the bar staff seemed to be traditional and friendly, chatting to all of the customers, the non residents seemed to uphold the friendly atmosphere in the bar. On checking in the Reception was manned by two younger women and both of them were very friendly, one chatting to us while the other organised our room and ensured it was ready for us. When we entered the room it was spotless and fresh, the rooms were spacious and felt more like a 4* rather than a three star. The only problem with the hotel was the Christmas party going on when we arrived. The hotel was beautifully decorated but the noise from the party kept going until the early hours of the morning.

Room Tip: front of hotel away from where the parties are held
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Will B

Dear Will B,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in the Woodlands Hotel.
I am especially pleased that you found the staff friendly. I will ensure to pass this onto the team who I am confident will find this very motivating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Woodlands Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Nice hotel with clean rooms. Our tv didn't work, but was fixed very quickly. Restaurant had good food and the service was good. Booked a family room and got one double bed and three twin beds. Plenty of towels too.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SundayH

Dear SundayH,

Thank you for respond. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed there stay.
I will ensure to pass your feedback on to the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Woodlands Hotel in the near future.