“Very good”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
“Very good”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed here for my debs. I must say overall a nice hotel great big spacious rooms. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Would recommend hotel, easy to find, good parking. I will be back hopefully soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear DragosA,

Thank you for your respond and for sharing your experience of your stay and Debs
here in the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Claire O'Mahony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
vermont
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Although it's well out of the city center, this hotel is worth the drive. I was warmly greeted upon arrival and given a very spacious, well-lit second floor corner room with a balcony (alas, overlooking a housing development, but views beyond) and a wonderfully comfortable bed. When I found that the hot water tap in the bathroom was not working, the front desk person sent a repairman up immediately, and then offered me a free breakfast buffet (very good) for the inconvenience. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked well-kept and inviting.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dear KayVermont,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in the Woodlands Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the near future.

Prosperous, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 3 March 2013

this was our 2nd time to stay in the woodlands hotel and again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.the minute we walked in we got a warm welcome from sarah,and found our room to be lovely again.we went into the bar for a bite to eat and the food was top notch.we were nicely full leaving.service is excellent and staff are as friendly.only 10mins from city centre and 20mins from tramore.great spot..

Room Tip: avoid room beside lift
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear HelenaD,

Thank you for your reveiw. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your returned stay at here in the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford.

I will ensure to pass all your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Lovely hotel and staff but the walls in the rooms are so thin the guy snoring in the next room may as well be in the other bed in my room. Groan.
Nice and clean and warm though. Lots of parking. Good breakfast and attentive and helpful service.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Endas,

Thank you for your comments on your stay here in the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford. I am delighted to read that you foufn the hotel was nice and clean and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I have passed all your comments to both Management and Staff.

We hope to welcome you to the Woodlands Hotel in the near future.

Cork Ireland
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Firstly I stay in a lot of hotels and in my experience I usually find people are well equipped to complain rather than seek the positives in a premises. Myself and my new wife stayed here 23rd and loved everything, from the moment we arrived we were greeted by Aoife, huge smile, fierce chat and gave all info required for us to enjoy our stay. Throughout the night I noticed that this girl was everywhere and as DM -duty manager she ran the hotel. The bar was tipping away nicely while she ran in and out looking over the running of the bar and residents with dinner included in their packages, she also managed to consistently check people in with the same professionalism as she had given us.
The room we got was superb Room 216 right next to the lift and fabulously furnished. The room was cold when we got in but low and behold I didn't complain I simply turned on the radiator myself! We had a lovely meal in the restaurant attending a family function.
All in all we both enjoyed our one night away, slept very comfortably, really enjoyed breakfast which in my opinion is very important if not more important than dinner as this is your last meal before you leave so a good impression is vital. Breakfast manager superb, greeted with smile, newspaper, fresh food, selection of pastries, yoghurts, fruit, cereals, porridge cooked to order. Full Irish buffet if that's your thing my wife loved the scrambled eggs as they were so fresh.
Checkout was fab, lovely blonde girl super friendly again, asked did we enjoy stay and was delighted that we did and said don't hesitate to call again. Which we will. I should note that the FOH Manager I dealt with on booking originally was so friendly as well. Staff friendliness is the big plus here and I hope that the management reward the staff for taking such good care of us.
Many thanks,
Regards James & Laura.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauracleary
Ardara, Ireland
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Excellent staff in all departments. Very good value and reasonable. A comfortable and well located hotel to suit exploring the South East of Ireland. Excellent, clean and well maintained leisure centre with first class service with discreet and efficient supervision.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Smack19126d,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you were looked after by the staff extremely well. I have passed all your comments onto the town.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I have spent recently one night in this hotel.And it was great!The staff were really friendly.The room was spacious.I did not eat in the restaurant,but I used the room service,which was really fast and the staff from the bar was really friendly as well.Overall I had a good time.Definitely would recommend.And I am looking forward to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dear Nordly55.

Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to read that you would recommend the Woodlands Hotel and more importantly would return.

I have passed all your comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.