“One night only!!”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Tipperary, Ireland
“One night only!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The pool is great and the leisure club is clean and the staff are friendly and polite. In the hotel however the receptionist who greeted us was extremely abrupt. The room we had was clean but the décor is dated. During the recent heat-wave we requested a fan as this hotel has no AC. The bar food is average, the portions are generous but the selection isn't great. The views are of a housing estate or more houses. During the night the fire alarm went off, we tried to ring the front desk internally and it went unanswered. I rang from my cell phone externally and this also rang out. When I left my room to go and see if there was a problem I met a staff member who told me to ring the number again only to find he had a portable phone and answered my call!!! I got this hotel as a deal but I would never return. Very disappointed.

1 Thank nellie157

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you plan on going to Waterford be advised that the traffic is quite bad. Stay in town, ideally at the Granville Hotel. This was about 3 miles outside of town and it was challenging going into town. The bedding was clean but the decor and rugs were dated and stained. Also, be advised that you must have a bathing cap at all hotel pools in Ireland because they are used by other and called Leisure Clubs. Staff was friendly but I would not return here. Also, we were their during heat wave (90 degrees), which is unusually warm but the rooms do not have AC.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
2 Thank kristintoner

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just spent 3 days at the Woodlands Hotel Waterford. Fabulous spacious rooms, right side of the city for the beaches at Tramore and Dunmore East, lovely buffet breakfast and evening bar food and lovely hotel staff. Gave this hotel a 4 star instead of a 5 star for one small detail ~ the swimming pool did not allow children in until 9.00am which is perfectly understandable but did not include this information in the Information brochure/book in the hotel bedroom. It said that children could not be in the pool after 7.00pm but did not mention that they could not be there before 9.00am. My husband and children headed off at 8.00am the first morning and only discovered when they got down to the leisure centre that they were a tad early. Not a major issue especially considering that everything else was spot on.

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Recently we attended a friends wedding here and it was nothing short of fantastic from start to finish, it is a perfect location for a wedding. Very friendly greeting to all guests that were attending the wedding reception from Manager Larry and Wedding Coordinator Claire. The food was amazing, genuinely I've never tasted beef like I had for our main course in my life. The ballroom layout was very impressive, all chairs covered and backdrop behind top table, really set off the room. I most centianly will be considering the Woodlands Hotel for my big day. One word unforgettable.

• Stayed July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed at the Woodlands in Waterford for 2 nights in June and really enjoyed it. The room was very large, clean, and the staff was very friendly. While many of the older hotels are small, this was very modern, with plenty of space.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Woodlands Hotel for a Friday night with my young son. Was up at 6 on Saturday morning for a run and wanted to microwave some porridge - no problem at all by very nice staff person. I organised a wake up call and breakfast to the room for my son and a taxi to take him to the end of the race with extremely nice receptionist. I know that's what you should expect but it rarely happens. They couldn't be nicer and I would go back and recommend it to anyone on that basis.

• Stayed June 2013
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I recently had my wedding out in the Woodlands Hotel on the 27th of June, what a fantastic venue! The wedding room and tables were laid out beautifully for us, the food was magnificent, a lot of positive feedback from our wedding guests, all the staff were first class, and the wedding co-ordinator Claire O'Mahony was so professional in looking after our every need and request. Attention to detail was amazing, everything that was promised was delivered on. I would have certainly recommend the Woodlands to any future brides and grooms to

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family