Woodlands Hotel
Granville Hotel(Waterford)
  • Restaurant
Fitzwilton Hotel(Waterford)
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure centrefunction roomattending a weddingdunmore eastbar foodlovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotelwaterford citybar stafffrom start to finishlast weekendbreakfast roommain coursegreat weekendfood was lovelykathleenoscars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Third time to stay at woodlands on a golf trip. Very friendly staff and excelelnt service . Great value for money -facilities excellent - . Very warm and friendly atmosphere. Thank you Sandra and the team in Woodlands - looking forward to next year's trip already.

Room Tip: All rooms excellent
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Owen T
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Owen T,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially to read that you are a repeat customer.

I will ensure to pass your comments on to the team who I am sure will find very motivating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I would like to thank the management and staff from the bottom of my heart on the very professional and sensitive way that my family were treated on the recent passing of our much beloved Mother and Grandmother. After the Burial we returned to the Woodlands Hotel for a Funeral Lunch and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. The food that we were served was of a very high quality. The waiters /waitress were very helpful and so nice to us with regard to our sad loss. The room we used was very well laid out and decorated to a high quality. There was nothing that could have been faulted and there was nothing else that The Woodlands hotel could have done better. Thank you all very much

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Eleanor O,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind feedback.

I will ensure to pass on all your comments to both Management and Staff who I am confident will find very motivating.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had to do a stop over on the way to Cork from Dublin. Decided to pick Woodlands, purely based on price. €50 for one room, two persons (excluding breakfast) was a great deal! Especially when you factor in the facilities.

A nice pub/bar downstairs with friendly local staff, leisure facility and swimming pool we used the next morning and free wifi.

The rooms themselves are big enough, containing a small table for two, a two person sofa and a nicely sized bed. Relatively clean, the taps did run some slightly off coloured water from the hot tap but the showers were fine.

Would highly recommend this place if you're staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ClaireOMahony01, Sales & Marketing Manager at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear WilliamP,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read you had a great stay and enjoyed the many facilities.

I have noted your comments on the rooms with both maintenance and housekeeping.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Woodland Hotel, Waterford.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

after reading reviews on this hotel i was very weary about staying here but am so glad i did, the price for our stay was great, on arrival the hotel was lovely and clean and when we viewed our room we were still happy rooms are spacious and clean only thing is they could do with being modernized. Food in the hotel was gorgeous and can not complain, We had a few drinks at the bar and followed through to the residents bar and meet a lovely bar man from cork he always seemed to serve people with a smile no matter how fussy we seen some people be he still stayed smiling and happy to serve them, the barman was very easy to speak to and we were able to have a laugh with him when he wasn't busy which was great, The bar could do with a few extra staff but i would defiantly return and recommend this hotel to all my friends and family

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had occasion to spend one night in Woodlands Hotel Oct 8th. We were looking for a Hotel near Hospital to visit a very ill friend. From my first phone enquiry to finally booking and every time I needed to visit Reception the courtesy & helpfulness from Sandra was excellent.
Booking taxies, asking us if room was to our liking to any other query we felt so well looked after.
We dined in the Bar and Linda was equally warm and helpful.
Our room was very clean & comfortable . Due to a recent Hip replacement I was delighted to visit the pool and do my physio. It was lovely, so clean and safe.
I will stay again.
Mary from Dublin

Room Tip: We had 102 and it was lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple