“food not great”
Review of Woodlands Hotel

Woodlands Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 15 July 2009

tried this place a few times for food... not great at all..... try becketts dwon the road or oskars!

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank Gastronomy14

Reviewed 20 June 2009

We are a family of 4 with two children. We only get one vacation per year so I research
long and hard for the best deal available. I wasn't sure what to expect at Woodlands because the reviews were mixed. I must say our experience was absolutely wonderful!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a standard room which was a nice size and a beautiful view of a court yard. I was very pleased with the daily maid service everything was well stocked and very neatly done. Air conditioning , TV, were perfect. I was shocked when I saw and iron, ironing board , hair dryer , coffee maker. in the room.already , and I requested a refrigerator and was supplied at no charge. The breakfast was well supplied with plenty of food, a variety of cereals, oatmeal, toast ,bagels, waffles, fresh fruit and a selection of drinks and hb eggs. If you go hungry its your own fault. They have a car service if you need to come back late after the shuttle sevice has stopped. The pool area was huge and they offer hot fresh towels for your use . The $200 credit was perfect and we hardly spent any money on food. and the balance came off the room bill. And we had 20% off all our gifts. The hotel is across from the vistor center where you can get the shuttle. Very convenient ! I can not say enough about the Hotel and the staff. I would recomend this to anyone. In my book Woodlands is 5 stars!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We recently stayed here when my mother got rushed to the Waterford Hospital with double pneumonia. They offered us a 79 euro rate with breakfast. The staff could not have been more accommodating and caring during our stay. They were wonderful. The restaurant/pub was good and the breakfast was also good. The rooms looked a little worn and the beds were not the most comfortable in the world but it was fine. The shower heads were the worst – it was hard to get the shampoo out of my hair!!!! I think if they did one thing, it should be to change the shower heads. The hotel is less than a mile from the hospital which was convenient and there was a local restaurant that was also good called Beckett’s (Someone told us it is a chain.) It was not close to the downtown area, but really it was only a 5 minute drive. On the whole, considering the reason I was there, it was a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Very comfortable and clean.
Staff very friendly and helpful.Food excellent.
Good 'craic agus ceoil' in the bar over weekend.
Would recommend to others. Perfect location.

Hilda and girls.

hillycg@hotmail.com

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Its an average 3 star hotel with not much going for it. We recently stayed here for a weekend and the only good thing about our stay was the food in the restaurant, the breakfast, dinner and service were good by any hotels standard. Multiple bad points, the location is really bad, a good 3 miles from the city center with not a woodland in sight only housing estates. The rooms are fairly old and dirty, the sheets are clean but the beds are very uncomfortable. The first night we arrived we decided to have an early night, this was a mistake as a band started at 11pm in the bar and it sounded like they were in the room with us, on complaining they said this was standard weekend entertainment and that we should have been informed on booking, we werent informed so they moved us up a floor to a quieter room. Room was a little nicer without much sound problems, but very very hot, I dont think they have any ventillation. I would not stay here again...

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mat789
Reviewed 1 March 2009

This is a good place to stay, largely due to the excellent rate of €69.00 for the room for two people.on one night we satyed and €60.00 on another night which was a special offer. The restaurant has excellent and wide choices for breakfast. It is clean although the rooms are a little basic. My wife found the bed very hard and lacking in sufficient padding - as a result she had diffficulty sleeping. I did not find it a problem as I woudl ahve with a too soft bed. The hotel tends to carry noise and this can be a problem as the entertainment can reverbrate. Best ask for a quite room. Would recommend but only at the price range above.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Describing themselves as having 'modern bedrooms' is misleading. The rooms are very basic. Yes they might have a couch in them but they are stained and worn looking. The beds are very uncomfortable. We were down for a wedding and neither of us could sleep at all. There was no remote control which is just annoying. They do a buffet breakfast and apart from the cooked food, you'll find fresh food/fruit and bread are scarce! I stayed in the Woodlands as it was the only hotel open on 26th December, I would not be in a hurry to return again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ambrannigan