“Fab Hotel, Extremely Friendly Staff, Food Excellent”

Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Fab Hotel, Extremely Friendly Staff, Food Excellent”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed in Dooley's Hotel last weekend for my sisters hens, we had originally booked another Hotel in Waterford but because the reviews for the Hotel on Trip Advisor were so bad my sister wanted to change Hotel, I rang Dooleys not thinking I would get any accomodation and I spoke to Denise in reservations who kindly found rooms for all of us. The hotel is situated right across from the bus station which was brilliant. The rooms are grand, nice and cosy. We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday night, the food was fab, I had soup and steak and it was the gorgeous, nicest steak I had in ages, the restaurant staff was lovely, I didnt want desert as I was full and the manageress asked if I was sure I didnt want desert, the staff are very nice and accomodating. The bar staff were equally nice and very friendly. The breakfast was buffet style but there was plenty of food, it was delicious, sorted us out for the day. We only stayed for 2 nights but I will definitely return for another weekend with friends later in the year as its only a 5 minute stroll to shops and all the pubs. You have to try out the Hotel restaurant as the food is lovely.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ruby M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel is in a great location in Waterford, very central and parking across the road. The hotel room was comfortable however the hotel itself was a little dated. I stayed for two nights with my partner in this hotel. Staff on reception were not overly welcoming when we arrived. After the first night of staying there, I had a horrendous experience in the morning. One of the cleaning staff decided to let themselves into my hotel room without knocking while I was in the shower and I had to ask her to leave. An hour later, another member of cleaning staff let themselves into the room without knocking while I was getting dressed. And a half hour later, a member of staff knocked on the door, I answered and they were wondering if we were still in the room. We were inappropriately disturbed on two occasions and I was very upset about this. Overall, this hotel was physically good but I was very upset with the service.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank bambiam88
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Dooleys in Waterford is a true gem. The staff are very friendly and helpful and offer that special feeling of being very welcome and more than just a paying guest. The hotel is spotlessly clean and offers up a tasty traditional Irish breakfast. I look forward to another stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracyonhols
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Staff are second to none in Dooleys, from the guys in the bar to the receptionist. Old hotel with lots of character, central location. Highly recommend

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Cathal M
Gahanna
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here one night in March 2012. Had a lovely dinner in the restaurant and went to the oldest bar in Ireland, around the corner some. The hotel was very clean, bed was comfortable and had a great time in Waterford.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary S
Dublin
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Had 2 night stay with family , in family room , double bed and 2 singles for great value with breakfast ...room was perfect and spacious ...didnt feel cramped with a teenager , a young child and 2 adults . The bed was absolutely perfect , actually better than our own . I must have mentioned it about 6 times to the girlfriend how comfortable it was and we all had 2 pillows each ...its the little things ... we got fresh towels and toiletries on the 2nd day straightaway ...the receptionists were really friendly and efficient ..and even though we didnt get our request of a river view , their nice manner meant i didnt mind ...the breakfast was just what u would want ...simple and no fuss ...the bar is relaxed and a good mixture of old and new and the barmen are typically friendly local folk that dont appear to be insincere for the sake of it .....one criticism , had lunch in the bar and the food was a bit bland and the girl serving us was forgetful and slow , forgot some of our side orders and we had to ask twice for them , and waited 10 minutes for a drink and had to ask twice as well but the hotel cant be blamed for that and wouldnt put me off staying there again as the room , the general service and the PERFECT location beats everything else . Oh and 1 last thing ... you needed your key to use the lifts or open the doors to the stairs to enter the corridors / rooms which is a brilliant idea for security . Cannot be too careful anymore

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Darren B
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here for the Easter weekend so very busy. Rooms a good size and very clean staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great for meat eaters and vegetarians. Great location didn't have to take the car out until going for a drive around Waterford county. TV was old but didn't go away to watch tv so not a problem. Great hotel for a great price would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends