“Welcoming!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Welcoming!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is the second time we have stayed in Dooley's and I would not hesitate to return AGAIN! Staff very helpful, friendly and polite, food beautifully presented from a varied menu, rooms large and comfortable. It can be difficult to get teenagers to agree easily on a family destination but no problem here - they loved it. Parking directly across the road is very reasonable at €5 per day - this is a public car park, not owned by the hotel, but a great bonus! I will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Sorry, no tip as any of the rooms I have stayed in were perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

All the other hotels I stayed in were 4 star but this was just as nice. It is right on the water. The room was huge and a little old style but better than a chain hotel anyday. The staff were great.
The bar is nice. My only complaint is all of the 4 star hotels had free wifi and here they charged 4 Euros. I thought that was a bit much.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Khaton13
Wexford, Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My grandmother and I stayed at dooleys for a week and I have to say I enjoyed it. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous opening doors because my grandmother is wheelchair bound. The food is nice however I found the deserts to be lacking taste. The bedrooms on the third floor are homely and extremely comfortable (coming from somebody who is uneasily pleased). The only three things I disliked were the parking facilities, the lack of facilities on site for families (ie. swimming pool, gym etc) and the punctuality of staff when there is a problem with one of the items in the room like the tv. I enjoyed my stay a dooleys and hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Stick to the third and fourth floor much more modern and cosy
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed at Dooley's Hotel, the choice of the coach company.

The hotel coped very well with a couple of coach parties of over 100 guests.

The room we had was road side, second floor. Very pleasant, well appointed and clean.

The Hotel uses a security system preventing non hotel guests from accessing upper floors.

The food was plated for dinner and buffet for breakfast.

We found the staff very helpful and friendly. The only down-sdie is Wi-fi for which a charge is made and is only available in the reception area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here with my partner mid-week for two nights. Upon check-in the staff were friendly and polite. We requested a river view and even though it meant we were at the main road side of the hotel, we were on the 2nd floor so didn't even notice the traffic noise when the windows were closed.

We had the cooked breakfast, a full Irish fry, which was delicious. The first morning though our hash browns were cold and the 2nd morning our breakfasts arrived different to what we requested and without the hash browns so we had to ask for them, small complaint but all the same, attention to detail could be improved especially since it wasn't even busy. Also, the area being used for breakfast was very cramped with all the tables very close to each other which personally I don't like sitting and eating breakfast almost at the same table as other families and couples. When we decided to move tables to the one that we had been firmly asked to sit at, the waiter did not appear to be too pleased. The room was more than big enough to space out the tables and chairs more.

We had dinner in the hotel bar (in the Paddy Kirwan room of the Dry Dock bar) great atmosphere and absolutely delicious food. It was such good value. The bar staff were very very friendly and helpful. The portion size was fantastic and the quality of the food was really great. We ate in the Indian restaurant next door the other night and would highly recommend that too.

The hotel has no on-site car park but they do give you a concession of half price for the car-park across the road on the Quay. It was €5 per 24 hours which you pay as you leave the car-park. Upon check-out the hotel receptionist gave us a concession token for €2.50 to use.

Room Tip: River view is on the main street side but from the second floor up the traffic noise wasn't an i...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lill-miss-sunshine
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 30 October 2012

we stayed with a group of friends at dooleys we have a private party for about 40 people
the food was great, as was the servicen everything was organised to the highest standard

we were very impress as we had seven Austrians friends with us and they equally loved their stay in Dooleys

Top marks to Mags and all the staff for a wonderful time

Room Tip: I stay at the front of the hotel and it was lovely veery quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed here on 28th Oct 2012. I went straight to the bar to meet friends there. The bar is lovely, very cosy and with a lot of character to it. We order food in the bar. I had the steak. It was fabulously, bar staff came back twice to check if everything was ok. Rooms are fine. The bed is really comfortable. I only eat continental breakfasts so i really cant comment on how good the fry there is. Very happy with hotel. The staff are lovely.

Room Tip: If you have problems with walking which i do request a room closest to reception, but any room here...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends