“Good hotel at great location”

Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Good location. Right on the water front. Good service.
Room was clean and neat.
My two complaints are:
1. No air conditioning in my room at level 3;
2. Free wifi was available for one hour. This is very mean at this day and age. Once I logged on, my wife could not log on.
The hotel should move with the time.
Restaurant food was decent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiger L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Just had the most delicious lunch in Dooley's celebrating the very best of local Waterford food - a lovely menu served by most attentive and efficient staff. Menu included Flanagan's grilled smoked mackerel , Country Style black pudding with Cashel Blue cheese accompanied by Ballybeg Greens produced in Waterford. Spectacular Bread and Butter pudding made with M & D famous blaas and finished off with Ponticelli coffee and Lily O'Brien chocolates. Already booking in for next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Celia H
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I recently visited Dooley's Hotel, Waterford for the Love Irish Food lunch as part of the Waterford Harvest Festival. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was fantastic! Would definitely recommend it for food.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Pendyrus Male Choir had the great pleasure of staying at the Dooley's Hotel in the centre of Waterford for some 8 nights during a recent Concert Tour of Southern Ireland.
The check-in of 70 or so people went smoothly and we received a wonderful welcome. The staff were friendly, courteous and efficient. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the cleaning staff were very flexible if one wanted to have a lay-on after travelling, and returned to clean the room after we got up and vacated the room.
The Hotel is ideally located right on the quay and is only a few minutes walk to the shops, town centre and the Waterford Crystal Factory where you can take a guided tour of the factory and see how Waterford Crystal is made.
The food was excellent with the breakfast catering for all, especially those with a more than hearty appetite, and the restaurant was excellent also.
We would all like to thank Tina and her staff for the wonderful hospitality during our stay and look forward to visiting again, soon..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We recently held the Aylward family Gathering in Dooley's Hotel, The Quay, Waterford. Many of our overseas visitors stayed in the hotel and were highly complimentary of the hotel and its staff. We held the gala dinner in the hotel on Friday 6th September and the hotel catered for us all with excellent efficiency and wonderful courtesy. Everyone commented on how good the food was, which is no mean feat given that they were catering for over 100 people. The vegetables were fresh and cooked beautifully as was the chicken and cod dishes that people opted for. The dessert of apple pie and vanilla ice-cream was scrumptious as well. As I said, everything was done with a smile and we were looked after so well. I attribute this to the Management staff which included Anthony Fingleton, Denise Shannon and Michael Collins. This is a family run hotel run by the Darrers and you do really feel that lovely touch that comes from a family run hotel. In essence they care about the customer and you feel valued. We certainly did and all of us agreed that we will be returning there again for our next function or indeed a nice midweek or Sunday lunch. Regards, Maria Aylward

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Having stayed here many times, I really have no complaints. My only bugbear is the 11.30am checkout. When I stay at a hotel, I want to have a lie-in, if I was at home I wouldn't get up till after 12 if I was having a good lie-in. I know it's a busy hotel and that they have lots of groups staying but that shouldn't effect everyone. Check in is after 3pm so I think a later check out time is possible. I will say that when I asked for a late checkout, we were given a 12.30 checkout time which was appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Good food , Good portions..
Inexperienced restaurant staff and not over friendly staff on reception..
No directions or welcoming words on arrival...or departure.
Hotel itself was cosy (for one night stay)
One foreign member of staff was kind enough to go out of his way to
serve just myself at breakfast table following morning..
Room was basic..

Room Tip: Talk nicely to Reception Staff... try to break them into a smile