“Clean, comfortable and a great location”

Dooley's Hotel Waterford
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
snugbay
“Clean, comfortable and a great location”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed there on our second to last night in Ireland. Had tried to get a room at the Granville, but they were completely booked. The Granville referred us to Dooley's which was just down the street. We were not disappointed. The rooms were clean, beds comfy, the bathroom both modern and clean, and breakfast was wonderful. The location was perfect. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to see in Waterford. I would have given five stars but our room was located on the back side of the hotel and we had to close our windows due to bar noise and cooking odors.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Chicago
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel was in a great location in downtown Waterford across from the river. It was old but has been updated and is well kept. The food was good and the staff very attentive. Its an easy walk to all downtown attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
tx
Reviewed 12 October 2013

After a long drive from Dublin I was looking forward to staying a 4 star hotel. What I got was less the 3 stars. The place is small and old. Situated right on the Quay , the shops are all in walking distance. The room was smaller then expected, and a little dingy. The staff were not real helpful at makng things happen. The entry is small and cramped. The food is fair but not as good as other hotels I stayed in while in Ireland. Parking is across the street and if you are on independent travel you must drag luggage thru parking lots and across the street. I can't really reccomend this hotel if your tired and hungry.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Cork
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I recently stayed in Dooley's for a class reunion. The room was nice, clean and very comfortable. Had a few drinks in the bar before the meal and the beer was great. The meal was excellent, served on time, the staff were friendly and service was friendly.
I had a great breakfast the next morning in the ship restaurant. There was a nice relaxed atmosphere for the entire stay and I always felt I was a valued guest.
Overall great hotel with great staff and service.
I would thoroughlyrecommend Dooley's.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed here for a weekend recently, staff are super and the presentation of the rooms is great, a presentation of fruit in your room and papers available every day. We had a large crowd for dinner on the Saturday evening with on person with dietary requirements and they were all dealt with in a confident manner. Anthony is a pleasure to work with too.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed last weekend 27-29 sept 2013 in Dooley's Hotel Waterford having travelled by train from Dublin I walked across the Bridge into Dooley's. There I received a very warm welcome with painless check in. I asked was it a quiet room and true to word I got one, Room 48.
There was complimentary water, fruit and even an ironing board in the room. This I thought a touch of class, for a 3 star hotel, amazing. Exceeded my expectations, many 4 star could learn from these small touches. I met folk in the bar that evening which went to the early hours of Sat morning. The bar staff were very helpful and no issues at all, as long as we were there they would be there to serve, yes to serve. I attended a Dinner with 120 people in Dooley's on Sat night a forty year school re union and it was a great success, good food, great service and again bar open to the early hours, no stress.

Others who attended I spoke to on Sunday had hangovers, self inflicted, but thought the meal function and service were great on the Sat night. On Sunday I checked out and left luggage for collection later in the day, no issues. I have no hesitation in recommending Dooley's Hotel, for anyone looking for great value and friendly service, where expectation are exceeded.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quite room, no 48 is good. See more room tips