“Excellent break”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent break”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

stayed in for hotel for 2bb1d deal with four other couples . could not fault the service and courtesy
received from all members of staff. I was impressed as we all were with the quality of the food , the size of the rooms and their cleanliness and would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel . its so central to anywhere in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
WaterfordDot, Owner at Dooley's Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Mr. Kenna

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was a pleasure to share your feedback with our team.

Kind regards
The Darrer Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Dungarvan, Ireland
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed one night at Dooley's when due to a car-related problem I found myself stuck in the city at 11pm on a Thursday night! The staff were very helpful despite my late arrival (thank you very much to Megan & Pedro!), organising a room and catering to any other concerns I had. The room was comfortable and spacious with a clean and well organised en-suite bathroom. The only minor gripe is that the telly is a bit past its best (though working!) but otherwise the room was excellent. Breakfast buffet was generously stocked and staff were friendly and helpful. Due to its great location and friendly, helpful staff I'm happy to recommend Dooley's.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review of the Dooley’s Hotel. We appreciate your comments about the team and especially those you mentioned by name.

We are a third generation hotel and are consistently improving our facilities, currently we are upgrading all our T.V. in our rooms but unfortunately have not got to all room as of yet.
Thank you again for your kind comments.

Kind regards
The Darrer Family
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

having stayed in this hotel with a party of friends for a pre-Christmas break I was very disappointed by the standard of food and service being provided, the times given for breakfast were wrong and the just 'very standard breakfast' was cold as in not heated at all! when this along with other complaints was said to the manager we were told that it was probably a cold plate that the food was served on despite the group arriving for breakfast at three different times. My friend was verbally assaulted at the bar with a threat of physical violence and the staff including the manager did nothing so three other paying customers had to intervene which in my eyes is totally unprofessional and when questioned about this the manager stated he couldn't intervene because he has a two year old child at home - my friend is a mother of three! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone to stay in and would be very worried if this is the type of hotel that tourists coming in to this country on holidays stay in, I think it explains why they wouldn't come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ursula S
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We did not stay at the hotel as it was day trip to Waterford but we did try their restaurant (Dry Dock Bar) for lunch. The service was decent and the food was good. It is on the way to Waterford Crystal when walking from the train station. You can not miss it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed in Dooleys for 1 nite while in waterford to enjoy the night life. The staff were excellent there, especially on reception where we meet 2 very helpful ladies. The bar was comfortable & service was quick even though it was very busy. How ever we did not eat in the bar as the food was too expensive for bar food, somethings on the bar menu were the same price as the restaurant menu, which is unusual. We got better value in restaurant in te city. The rooms were a little bit of a let down, we had 2 rooms, one was lovely with a quay view but the other was too warm, too small for 3 people, had no view & we couldn't open the window.

Over all we enjoyed out stay, the hotel location is very good and like I said the staff were lovely. It was perfect for a group in waterford for a night on the town, not sure how a family would get on in the small rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here from the 18th to 21st Nov 13. Stayed here whilst visiting Ireland for a funeral. Had a double and single bed in the room which were quite comfortable and probably the only good aspect of the room. The room was dated and dirty. There were Staines on the carpet and the kettle was filthy. The tea tray didn't have much selection. The hot water tap in the sink didn't work and the towels were thin and threadbare. The lighting wasn't working and flickered quite a lot. No toiletries offered.

The night of arrival, a Monday night an Irish function maybe a dance class or something blared out music till 11:30. I wouldn't mind but it was very loud in the room and when I called reception to ask how long it would be they weren't very helpful. I was then woken early Tuesday morning by the noise of deliveries below- again very noisy in the room not from outside. This also happened in the early hours of Wednesday morning 1:30 am and continued for over an hour. Again I'm not someone to complain but phoned to see how long it would be and the night porter told me there was no one but him in the hotel, which I knew was untrue as I could see the van from my room window.

The breakfast was ok some of it was cold. The bar is very good and the waitresses are helpful if a little miserable. The food in the bar is good and I enjoyed this part of the hotel.
No Wifi signal which I thought would be an essential for 2013. The location is good and walkable to the centre.

Although the hotel is cheap, I suppose you get what you pay for but there are certain standards you expect from a hotel. A good nights sleep would be one of them! I wouldn't stay here again the Tower is better or the Granville.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mame21
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I liked this Hotel. True, the hall and stairways can be maize-like, but I think that gives it character. The room was comfortable enough, dinner was very nice, and the bar was bustling and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends