“Overall Good Choice”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Boston
“Overall Good Choice”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Tower is a decent choice - the price is right, they have free buffet breakfast (which was good), and most of all, its in a great location (most everything to do in Waterford is in walking distance). The hotel itself is nothing too special. It is clean, but in need of some improvement. My room was at the front of the hotel, and it was very loud. The street outside is very busy with traffic and it sounded as though I had my window wide open. Luckily, I was able to fall asleep ok in spite of this, but it may be tough for a light sleeper. Overall though, if I was to be back in Waterford, I would have no problem staying at the Tower again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank kannala
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tower in the near future. When you do return to us please advise our reservations team that you would like a quiet room and we can allocate a bedroom to the rear of the Hotel. Unfortunately, these rooms don’t have the great city view of Reginald’s Tower that we are lucky to have on our door step.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you in Waterford again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dublin,ireland
Reviewed 15 February 2012

hi i booked the tv deal for 2 nights,staying 10th and 11th Feb. After reading some reviews here i was very dubious. However I was pleasently surprised. Hotel is exactly as i expected,our room was a renovated one and fine. staff were very friendly. food in bar was excellant. chinese across the road was nice. lovely food in Kasbar in the town.light bites. would return again for similar deal pricewise.

Room Tip: ask for top floor at front
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jodibobs
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your lovely comments.
We're delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I will pass on your kind words to the entire team.

Have a good day.
Poole, UK
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel half a dozen times in the past year. On the last visit which was last week I ended up taking 16 of my colleagues with me for a training event. we stayed a total of 4 nights, or 70 bed nights. The hotel lived up to my expectations:-
A great location; decent rooms; excellent restaurant; very friendly and capable staff, all at a great price and with nothing but compliments from my colleagues. A hard bunch to please at the best of times, most of whom spend most weeks staying in hotels, so quite a discerning bunch.
The reception staff, events team and restaurant staff were all extremely obliging and went out of their way to help.
I will be returning, as I am sure will my colleagues will.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mckbigfish
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed here for one night in Jan.'11 for business. The hotel is ideally located in the centre of the city overlooking the river.
It has a fine leisure centre . Its a little run down and needs a bit of paint work etc.. but its not dirty.
Breakfast was a buffet and was good, the staff were friendly and even gave me directions to a location.
The verdict ? in need of some updating but overall was ok . Would I stay there again ? probably.

Room Tip: with a river view, at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Naas, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Had a 2 night stay in this hotel with my husband and our 3 children. Full use of all the leisure facilities,great bar food & warm friendly staff made for a great weekend. The family rooms were clean & a perfect size for us ,the staff were so friendly and made eye contact with you when greeting you and they all seem to have time for the children which made our weekend more relaxing. Any requests were greeted with a smile & nothing seemed to be a problem for them, the children had a ball and it was great value for money. Location is perfect for walks along the docks or shopping in the town centre.Look forward to going back in the near future.
Ally & Paul from Kildare.

Room Tip: Request a Family room. The extra space is great for the kids.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison F
Dundrum, Ireland
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Spent the weekend in The Tower Hotel with my Golf Society, A large group of twenty lads. Tower Hotel was fantastic as always. Really good value, We ate both nights in the Bar, food great, The staff went above and beyond all expectations. Golf nearby was fantastic, (Faithleg, Castle), Leisure club was also very good for my sore head after the great night we all had in Waterford. Looking forward to my next trip to the Tower with my Family in April, Again Thanks to all the staff in the Tower for looking after all twenty of us. We will be back next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Laois
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Excellent service and quality yet again from the staff of the tower hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family