“Wedding at the tower hotel”

Tower Hotel Waterford
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Waterford
“Wedding at the tower hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had our wedding at the tower on the 10th of august and i can not recommend the tower more. From beginning to end they were fantastic. They helped so much with the organising , on the day itself they were fantastic. The staff could not have been nicer, the room looked fantastic, and the food was brilliant. The suite we got to stay in was really lovely. A brilliant wedding day at the tower hotel :D:D

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The Tower Hotel is the pick of the litter in a city that does not have much to offer even though it is one of the oldest cities in Ireland.

Everything about the hotel, room, bed, food and service is just average at best .

Waterford Crystal Factory showroom next door is not worth the detour that we took. Lots of better things to do and see in this great country than stopping off in Waterford.

Room Tip: There are not any according to people in our group
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I booked at the last minute. The girl in reception looked after me. The bedroom manager got a room ready for me at short notice. The room was great and at a good rate. A lovely hotel. I don't understand why this hotel is only a three star it is a four star plus. Breakfast was great kept me going for the day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank paddykennedydd
McGregor, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Great location in Waterford, walkable from train-station and very close to bars, sights, etc. The staff was VERY accommodating and helpful and patient. Busy hotel with great food and an affordable menu. Nice pool. Stayed in a few different room types from budget to family and all were fine. (Need some upgrades and glad they offered fans since there was no A/C, but big windows that opened helped cool off rooms). It was clean. The employees were nice. Location is great. Will return!

• Stayed July 2013
Meath , Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked The Tower Hotel for a long overdue break for my husband and I as we'd had to cancel our holiday plans earlier this year due to ill health. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded (I thought this was because I had requested a quiet room) to a Smart Room which to be fair was more than adequate. We were at the front of the hotel facing Reginalds Tower, there being no air-con we left the window open so it wasn't too warm in the night. This however meant that the full effect of all traffic noise and the people at the smoking area below was coming our way. The traffic noise was horrendous from about 5.30 am on Monday morning so I'd recommend to anyone intending to stay there who likes to sleep in the morning to request a room on another side.
There were lots of positives - the staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. We spent some time in the pool and jacuzzi. We ate in the bar twice and the food was good, we were served by a very friendly young chap who recommended a pub to go to for music. As a big tea drinker,I love the fact that they gave you mugs to make your tea and coffee in the room rather than fiddly little cups and even paper cups to make a take away.
One other niggle I have is that smokers seem to congregate at the front door of the hotel, it's quite off putting as you arrive to have to try and make your way through groups of people who don't seem to realise they're in your way. I'm sure it's not just us who found that it gave a negative first impression. I would return to the Tower but would be more picky about my room options.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackielMeath_Ireland
tipperary
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is our 4th time to stay in the Tower Hotel on a family holiday. We go back every year because the hotel is so family friendly. The kids love having the pool and this year they went to the kids club and loved it. Ann-marie is a lovely lady and is great with the kids, would highly reccomand the kids club.
Also my husband went for a Back, neck and shoulder massage in Renu, the hotels spa and beauty room and said sarah was brilliant and very professional.
The Food is very nice in the bar and the restaurant is amazing!!!
The only fault again this year is the bar. The staff could be that bit more friendlier and the lager and beer is muck to be honest. I love my coffee and ordered a cappacinno several times and all times it came in different size cups and tasted awful no one knew how to make a proper coffee. Reception and breakfast staff were very nice esprecially the French gentleman in the mornings, very good to the kids and really friendly...We will stay again because its so central into town, kids park a few minutes walk away, right beside the river.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Paula,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our kids club is extremely popular and Anne Marie and her team offer a wonderful service.

I am sorry that our cappuccinos were disappointing. Our beverage manger will address your feedback with the team immediately. This is not normally the case and they normally are very popular.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again to the Tower in the near future,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I decided to have a weekend away and decided to return to Waterford, as my usual hotel had no vacancy I thought I was lucky when I got a room in the Tower Hotel, my mistake. I was given a room on the first floor over the bar and was woken in the early hours by the noise from the area below inside the bar and those outside. This happened again on the Saturday night and after the second call to reception the night porter / duty manager just hung up. Breakfast from the buffet style service was lukewarm and could not be eaten. On Saturday evening I ordered from the bar menu and requested no salad garnish. When the meal arrived it had the garnish and again this meal was lukewarm which on complaining about was changed. At breakfast on Sunday morning I was informed that if I required anything it would be arranged so I requested a hot cooked breakfast with soft eggs, came hard, hot sausages, came overcooked possibly reheated in fryer. The amazing thing is that on the breakfast menu on the table there is an article on how to prepare the perfect breakfast ( maybe the chef should read it)
On checking out I mentioned my dissatisfaction to the receptionist who got a "manager" (Niall Byrne) whose excuse was they had over 200 guests to prepare breakfast for and that they had tried to accommodate my request. He then got his business card told me to complain in writing refused to accept my comment card and sauntered off. With the hard uncomfortable bed, bad food and noise I will not be returning to this hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be very noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Martin M
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

The team here is committed to delivering great food with great service. I am sorry that despite interacting with 4 members our Management team that we still failed to ensure you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your feedback. It is bitterly disappointing when a guest leaves our hotel unhappy.

I do hope you will consider returning to us again in the future.