“Wonderful experience at The Tower with excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Tower Hotel Waterford
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful experience at The Tower with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Hubby and I booked two nights B&B during Winterval festival as part of a Christmas get together with a group of friends. We were not disappointed. Staff were very efficient and friendly. Our room was a newly refurbished smart room overlooking the waterfront. Very comfortable with daily towel change. We had dinner one night in the restaurant and had breakfast delivered to our room one morning. Food was delicious. We used the safe during our stay and on departure I forgot to remove my Rayban sunglasses. I contacted the Hotel when I arrived home and I was immediately put in touch with Clint the lost property Manager. I cannot say enough about the efforts this gentleman made to ensure that my glasses were returned safely to me. I received my glasses by registered post a couple of days later. We are looking forward to our next break in The Tower already.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Decided to book here for New Years break with family and friends . I booked the Luke wading suite , after checking reviews I saw that room was located over the bar so rang reservations to request suite on higher floor to be told it was 100 euros extra(€425bb) as it was newly refurbished when I complained about the price I was told "I'm not being smart but u knew what you booked " . I hung up ! I canceled the room and mad e another booking for a superior double and would make do with a camp bed for my child to be told they don't put camp beds on those rooms , it's not like there's not enough space ! When speaking with my friend she was in room with double and 2 single beds with no kids ! Went to bar for lunch which was bland all tasted the same , not much choice on menu , later on we decided to have dinner in bar which was not any better chips half cooked .. The staff seemed to avoid us tables weren't cleared of dishes and we had to nearly chase them for service except for Debbie who was very nice and friendly and nothing seemed a hassle . there was quite a few of us 15 we spent quite a while catching up in the bar kids were quiet fitting with games untill we start getting bullied out from the bar by the old folks wanting our seats eventually they set up a table in lounge for us by a a porter didn't catch his name again one of the better staff nothing seemed a hassle to him , no entertainment for kids what so ever except the pool it seemed like they rather have the old folks there than families ! beautiful hotel and great location but food and staff let the place down , I will not be returning I felt like staff looked down there nose at us very disappointed

Stayed January 2014
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Booked double room & got great deal. Room was small & functional but we were made aware of this prior to booking. Was perfect for what we paid for - warm & clean with a comfy bed.
Staff were very friendly & service was excellent. Would recommend staying here.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mansfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I needed a hotel in the area for a few days in December. Unfortunately there aren't a massive amount of hotels in the Waterford/Tramore areas, and this looked the best for a two night stay.

I arrived after a long drive and found the hotel quite easily. On entering the hotel I was struck by the strong chlorine smell from the swimming pool, which seems to propagate the entire hotel and is quite sickly at times. Check in wasn't difficult and I was directed to my room on the top floor. The room was a reasonable size, if a little dated. The bed was reasonably comfortable. There is wifi throughout the hotel but it is very patchy, and has one access point for each area of the hotel - so as soon as you move in the room you connect to a different network and have to authenticate again! A little frustrating.

The bathroom was nice, although the water pressure in the shower was very poor. I mentioned it to the staff who seemed surprised, and said they would investigate it.

I didn't eat dinner in the hotel as it was only a short walk to the city centre with numerous take-out restaurants, but I did have breakfast every day which was excellent. It was a full Irish affair in a buffet-style, but unfortunately didn't start being served until 7.30am, which seemed a little late during the week, I would have thought 6.30 or 7am would be a more reasonable time to start serving breakfast when people need to travel into work.

All in all, not a bad hotel but needs some tarting up, and a few improvements here and there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EZYFlyer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

stayed there twice once in Feb 2012 with a party of 30 friends ( we get together after Christmas every year in different hotels) wonderful dinner , great atmosphere, The staff were very helpful (good tip always helps) made space available for our party to remain seated after the meal, enjoyed the stay and the breakfast following morning, fantastic

Room Tip: overlooking the river is magic early in the morning
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Laois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Just back from a lovely relaxing stay in the Tower Hotel with my mum and children. It was a great central location for us to access the Winterval Festival. While we were there we visited the leisure centre which was excellent. We had our meals in the bar both evenings and the staff couldn't have been more friendly, remembering the children's names and giving them colours while we waited for our food. The food was top quality. Very enjoyable weekend all around.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Emerward3
Kilkenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

HCS Business Solutions had our Christmas Party last night in the Tower Hotel and it was an excellent night.
The food was delicious, the atmosphere was great and the room was beautifully decorated. All the staff were so helpful. Brass & Co were brilliant and we all have sore feet today from all the dancing.
Thanks to all staff for making our party a wonderful night.

• Stayed December 2013