“Great stay! ”

Tower Hotel Waterford
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, clean rooms but surprised there was no safe in the room ... Comfortable beds ... Disturbed by other guests banging doors late at night on a few occasions... Staff very friendly and helpful... Good breakfast selection ... Child friendly with a particular thanks to Debbie one of the waitresses who was great with getting the kids to eat!!

Stayed: February 2014
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that Debbie took great care of your children’s need.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tower again in the near future,

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This Hotel seems 'Tired', & needs a bit of capital investment / refurbishment. The staff in the leisure centre were friendly. Reception staff were not very engaged in the customer service sense.
A lot of skanks and bored looking teenagers frequenting the reception area/bar area on arrival. Didn't exactly make you feel welcome.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We have just completed a refurbishment of 40 bedrooms, our Lara Restaruant and our Ardmore Suite. The programme took 6 weeks to complete and finished on the 13th of February 2014

I am sorry if you did not get to experience our upgrade during your last stay but I do hope you will return to us again and I would welcome any comments that you may have on the substantial work that we have undertaken.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tower again in the near future,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Booked the Tower Hotel for an athletics awards function. 140 guests attended. The dining room was set out really nicely and tables had been reserved as requested. Michael looked after us really well all evening. The food was lovely and presented really well. Everyone was very pleased with the night. From booking of night with the events manager Deirdre everything was really well organised and good value for money. Would highly recommend the Tower Hotel for a function.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
We are delighted that your event was a success and that you food and service experience was a positive one. We are fortunate to have an experienced events and banqueting team who take great pride in delivering a personalized event ensuring that all your requirements are catered for.

Thank you for your review. It means a lot to us to hear such positive feedback.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed one night 12th January got a special offer. Room was clean but small. Went into residents lounge for a drink approx midnight obviously didnt want custom .. cleaning equipment was left on the bar(hint hint) and there was a smell from food being cooked earlier.
Ate breakfast at 9.00 and it was a self service cooked breakfast which was stone cold -not impressed. Know it was a special offer but there should still the basics should be right. I was told there was only one person working in the spa so I couldnt get an appointment... Went across the road for a thai massage and it was fantastic. definately wont be back again to the hotel. But would travel for the massage in the thai health shop.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unhappybunny1111

Thank you for review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay and your breakfast experience.
There were obvious shortcomings on your recent stay and for these I am very sorry.
These issues are not acceptable and I hope that as a valued customer you will appreciate that this is not the norm at here at the Tower.

We do recommend pre booking treatments should you have time constraints and as it was a Monday morning we only had one of our therapist available.

I do hope you will return to us again. Please feel free to contact me directly should you choose to return to us again.

Once again, my sincere apologies and I look forward to welcoming you back and renewing your confidence in the Tower Hotel.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Spent just one night in The Tower Hotel and it was very nice. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Room was good not very big but comfortable with a nice bathroom. We had availed of their January sale and bed and breakfast cost just 65 euro. They have a leisure centre and have a great location in the city. Good breakfast with lots on offer. Check out is normally 12 noon but we asked to stay until 12.30 and it was no problem. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here for our second night in Waterford after a pretty dismal stay in Dooleys hotel. When we checked in and went to our room we realised it was a twin room and not a double. We went back down to reception to clear up the error and they moved us to a double (luckily as it was the last one available). The rooms are nice, bed is comfy, shower was good and powerful, bathroom is bright and there was plenty of space to lounge around. I had a few small bits to do for work so found the desk good to work from. We used the pool, Sauna and Jacuzzi which was fine, typical leisure centre facilities and the guy at the desk in the leisure centre was very friendly. There was a wedding on and it got a little loud. There was kids running around the place and groups of them kept running past the door to our room, laughing and screaming. We asked reception if there was anything they could do but they explained they are children and are just playing. We got fed up of the noise so we went for a walk. After dinner we called back to the hotel and were going to go to the bar but the wedding party had filled in and it was pretty packed so we just decided to order a drink and take it to our rooms. Breakfast the next morning was OK although they had ran out of a lot of things. All in all the hotel is modern and clean but pretty basic. It is quite typical of a 'modern' hotel in most county's in Ireland. Would I return, probably not, I think I would rather spend the money and get a better hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I booked into the tower hotel for a new year break. We got a great deal for two nights. I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist, she said we had a great room. I was totally disappointed when I got to my room which overlooked the car park. I had booked a double room on line but ended up in a room with 3 beds and not enough room to swing a cat. I rang reception and my room was changed to a room overlooking the tower. I will agree with some of the reviews that the rooms could do with a handy mans touch, lightbulbs, window locks etc...I was very happy with the food and the service I received. I got what I paid for.
I would like to compliment the receptionist Marlena' she handled my complaint perfectly and diverted what could have been a disappointing weekend into a very pleasant stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple