“Great Hotel and Staff”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My friend and I spent two nights in the great hotel. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The in room wifi was great. The location was excellent as well and a relative short walk from the train station and only two blocks from Waterford Crystal. The Irish breakfast was excellent. I would recommend to anyone that is traveling to Waterford.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen R
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are fortunate to have a great location in the heart of the Viking Triangle and Waterford City. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to look after you again.

Alicia Maguire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent 3 short nights in this beautiful hotel, the room was spacious, bright and clean. The waiting staff were wonderful always catering to our needs and very friendly. Our server Alice was so helpful and always checking to make sure we had everything we needed and if it suited us fussy people. The food was excellent and a good price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aoife O
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have a great team of staff that work very hard to deliver good service and it really means alot to see them recognized. I will pass on your kind words to Alice and I know she will be delighted to hear them.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to look after you again in the near future,

Bluffton, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Not much positive that I can say. The beds were terrible;TV are old; this place really need updating. The dinner staff was great but the breakfast staff was rude & impatient. I really think there must be better locations around but you may have to go away from city center.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WIgolfnut
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us on this occasion. I appreciate your feedback and we will use it to improve the service that we offer.

I hope we will have the opportunity to look after you again and I will personally make sure that you have an enjoyable stay. Please feel free to contact me directly should you choose to return to us again.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Across the street from the waterside, the location of this hotel is perfect. An easy walk to anywhere in town, including the Waterford Crystal factory, there is free parking, bar and restaurant, and lovely staff. The room is typically plain with no air circulation but a fan was brought to the room within minutes of my request. The bathroom was perfectly clean and modern and bright. Beds were comfortable. Although there are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby, the hotel’s in-house bar and restaurant are pleasant with good food, service, and prices. Although I didn’t use the fitness facilities, there’s a nice indoor pool and gym. The outstanding aspect of this establishment is the staff at the counter. They went out of their ways to help guide me where needed. Yes, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive feedback and for commenting on our staff. This recognition means so much to the team and I will be delighted to share it with them.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay in our great city and I do hope you will visit again in the future.

Decatur, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good. Nice stay
Friendly. We stayed during the week and we're very happy with all parts of our short stay. I would gladly recommend this venue to anyone. Rooms were very accessible and clean. Actually it exceeded our expectations. Would gladly return for future visits.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank yzypkfnd
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you would gladly return.
We could not ask for a better recommendation!!

Thank you for your review.

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was over fifteen years since I last stayed in the Tower in Waterford. Back then, it was one of the top hotels in Waterford. In between and during the Celtic Tiger years, plenty of other hotels have sprung up in the Waterford region. Sadly, the Tower appears to have been left behind in the rush.
Now a 3 star hotel, the property feels a bit dated and would benefit from a makeover. Given its prime location beside the River Suir and given that its owners - the FBD Group - have not gone into receivership/NAMA, there is a strong case for a redevelopment.
The bedrooms look tired and jaded and a bit cramped while the bathrooms have seen better days. In the room I was staying, the grouting on the bath tiles was coming away and there was a musty smell.

Although we only dined in once - in the carvery in the bar on the ground floor - it was very good and reasonable. The bar staff, however, would benefit from a crash-course at a charm school. This is one of the things that bugs me about Irish hotels and the standard of hospitality - we ( we as a nation) appear to have lost that level of friendliness for which we were once known for throughout the world. Ireland of the Welcomes has become Ireland of the Begrudgers. As an economy coming out of recession and with tourism expected to play a major role in driving economic growth, we need our hotels and the people who operate and work in them to step up to the plate because there are plenty of other nice places in Europe one can go to for a long weekend. And they are much cheaper too !

Room Tip: If you are staying at the weekends, get a room at the back - as opposed to one fronting the street...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food offering and restaurant service.

The Tower is indeed an FBD Hotel. We are a 135 bedroom 3 star hotel and have in fact always been a 3 star hotel.
Thankfully, we have been fortunate to have received significant reinvestment from FBD over the over the last 4 year with over 83 of our 133 bedrooms being upgraded. We have also upgraded our 2 restaurants and also our 2 function rooms.

Perhaps, our your next visit to Waterford you would reconsider staying with us again and perhaps upgrading from the Budget room which you stayed in on our last stay at a very keen rate of €49 room only and €59 B&B, to one of our standard rooms or even one of our SMART Rooms.

I was very disappointed to hear that your bar team under delivered on this occasion. This certainly is not acceptable to me or our Beverage Manager Colleen and we will be addressing your feedback directly with the Bar Team this week.

I do hope you will give us another chance and not wait another 15 years to revisit the Hotel.
I would welcome to opportunity to handle your reservation on your next visit so please feel free to contact me directly when we choose to return.

Once again , thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Decor is a bit dated and the building feels like it could do with a freshening up in places, essspecially around the pool and locker rooms. Beds weren't great but not the worst. Bathrooms in the rooms were good.
Staff were superb it's got to be said. Very polite friendly and actually very good at their jobs.
Food and drink was good quality also and the location was good in the town.
I would stay here again for sure if I visit Waterford again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends