Tower Hotel Waterford
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have just returned from a few nights stay in this hotel which was a wonderful experience, the facilities and the friendly efficient staff who went the extra mile in their professional discreet manner assisting with every event during my stay. They also had an umbrella at hand to loan me during a downpour when i was shopping. The breakfast, lunch and dinner was absolutely delicious once again served by an abundance of kind friendly staff. The rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained throughout our stay, the fan in the room was a god send due to the heat which was sweltering, the overall facilities first class,

Room Tip: highly recommend a stay in the Tower Hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Diane,

We are delighted that your group had a good stay. We enjoyed looking after you all.

We hope to see you again very soon. We really appreciated the business and your feedback.

Alicia Maguire

Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a one night stay at The Tower Hotel Waterford. The hotel is easy to find located on the Quay besides Reginalds Tower on the road to Dunmore East & Dungarvan. The hotel has complimentary car parking in the adjoining car park. We were checked in promptly by a friendly and helpful receptionist. We were allocated room 250. This room is located at the rear of the property facing out towards the carpark. There was a standard sized double bed and two single beds, a TV, tea/coffee making facilities and all the other 'general' bits and bobs you get in a hotel. The hairdryer broke while the wife was using it but reception delivered a new one to us within 3-4 mins, no problem at all.

We were going to walk up the town to look for something to eat but as we caught the menu for teh hotel from the corner of our eye we decided to eat here. The restaurant has an AA star rosette and were offering 4 course meal for 2 plus a bottle of wine for €59. We were seated at a lovely window seat looking out at Reginalds Tower. I had the cold starter and wife had seafood chowder. Both simple and nice. Not waiting long for food to arrive at table. For main course I had pulled pork and wife had the special of the day, haddock. Both were delicious and again served in quick time and piping hot. We had a blackcurrant cheesecake and chefs trio of desserts afterwards. All really good. Topped all this off with a lovely Chilean Sauvignon.

We went out to the town afterwards for a few jars. We returned to the hotel about 2.30am and slept away grand. Mattresses were definately not to our liking, very stiff but that was about it. We slept out the breakfast. We packed up our things and checked out.

One point I agree with other reviewers on is the noise issue. It was very bad the next morning with sounds of crashing beer bottles, perhaps there was a bottle bank nearby? And without a shadow of a doubt the noisiest part of it all was coming from a nearby pub on Lombard Street, it was in all honestly like being front row at a concert at times. Ridiculous! But not the hotels fault, but management, if your reading this review, it could very well be in your best interest to talk to the proprietors of that establishment, people go to your hotel for peace and quiet and comfort, this bar seriously threatens that.

Particularly liked this hotel, the staff, the food, the room, the decor, the location all great but to be honest probably wouldn't return, unless there was drastic changed, due to the noise level. otherwise, a ship well run!

Room Tip: rooms at back of hotel facing carpark are also facing disruptive noisy nearby bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sineadandbrendan2011

Dear Sinead & Brendan,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our "well run ship"!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope you will return to us again. Thank you for your constructive feedback and I can assure you we will use it wisely.

We look forward to welcoming your back again very soon,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Tower hotel with 45 survivors, carers and volunteers of the Brain Injury Foundation. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff for their kindness, willingness to please and their easy-going professionalism. The rooms were spotlessly clean and spacious. The only downside was the heat (when would anyone expect to complain about heat in Ireland in the summer time ! ?) But fans were readily provided for anyone who requested one. The food, breakfast or dinner, was of a high standard and served quickly and efficiently with genuine smiles from the waitresses. The hotel played an important part in our members having a marvellous respite holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DSlevin
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear DSlevin,

I am delighted that our team ensured that your group had an enjoyable few days break. Time away is precious and I am really glad that we could help you all to enjoy this break.

Hope to see you all again very soon.

Alicia & The Team @ The Tower

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a lovely Hotel, but never stay here in the front rooms, It would be the worst nights sleep I have ever experienced, any where in the world, cars and trucks going by all night and pedestrian noise.

The rooms are lovely, but no Air conditioning, this makes it very uncomfortable on a hot day, and one has to leave the window open to try and get some fresh air, and this makes the passing vehicle noise intolerable.

Take my advise, don't stay here unless you have either, sleeping tablets or ear plugs.

John Couch, Melbourne, Australia.

Room Tip: Take a room at the rear of the premises, if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
thwmgmt, General Manager at Tower Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is unfortunate that we do not have air-conditioning in our bedrooms. We do have fans available for guest use. I appreciate that during the recent hot weather that this is frustrating.

Thank you for you for your kind words about the Hotel Facilities.

Once again, please accept my apologies. Our aim is to always ensure that guests have an enjoyable stay with us. I am sorry that we did not succeed on this occasion.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here last night. We have eaten in the Adelphi Bar on many occasions, but I booked the Lara Room/Bistro for our wedding anniversary meal. The room was bright (we had a window seat) and contemporary and the staff were welcoming and attentive. The food was superb. Simple classic dishes cooked and presented perfectly. As for value...Three Courses plus tea or coffee for €25 per head!!! Where would you get it? We'll be back (think we've found our new date night haunt)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thisisgerry

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us in our Lara Restaurant.
Belated Happy Wedding Anniversary and we look forward to looking after you and your wife again in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I did not sleep all night, it was a very hot evening so had to leave the window open and then had to put up with hearing a machine turning itself on and off all night. I asked the receptionist about local attractions and her reply was brusk and ended we have leaflets over there. Breakfast was good the location excellent but was very thankful I was only booked in for one night. Not even a little biscuit in the room to have with your tea.

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynne m

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I was most disappointed to read your comment with regard to our reception team. As you can see from other reviews our staff in general do their utmost to ensure that guests have a memorable experience.

I am very sorry that we appear to have fell short on this occasion and I can assure you I will be taking your feedback back to the team.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

had a fantastic wedding weekend at the tower staff execptional, very friendly, room lovely, food for 200 very nice and hot, could not fault them, well done the tower, and good luck to Tom and Jenny Fitz. NIDGE

Room Tip: rooms at the front have a nice view of the river
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jamie & Jennifer,

Thank you for your kinds. I will pass on your feedback to the team. We love weddings at the Tower.

Best wishes for your married life together.