“Great place to stay!”

Tower Hotel Waterford
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed at the hotel at the beginning of August for 2 nights. We had a number of rooms booked and we were well looked after. Everything went to plan, we had a very smooth, organised checkin with all our rooms on the same floor. The bedrooms are nice and spacious. Breakfast was brilliant with a great selection of everything. The hotel is located in a great spot, very close to everything. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed 23 August 2009

myself and 5 friends travelled to waterford for a girls weekend and we had a ball at the Towers Hotel. the staff were brilliant, the food was excellent and the overall service we received could not be faulted. the rooms were a bit stuffy but we asked for a fan and got one within minutes and we were able to open the windows wider when we took the locks off. we had a great time and would like to thank all the staff cause they were fab!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This hotel has an excellent location and overall is quite a nice hotel. Our room was small and a bit stuffy but very clean. The pool is large and a great place to have a relaxing swim. The sauna was wonderful, but really the hotel could do better than the white,plastic, garden furniture in the steamroom!
The breakfast was fine, but the room did get cramped.
Staff were extremely nice and there was a lovely atmosphere in the hotel.
Overall, a lovely place to visit and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I recently stayed here for a weekend away, got a great deal online for 2 nights, late check out, and a dinner for two included. The price was very reasonable but after the stay i can see why they have it so cheap. The hotel itself is very easy to find great location, car park is shocking, does not have the capacity to hold all the cars, in fairness tho the lady from check in did her best and got us a space. Check in staff were great, very friendly etc..the lifts um...are scary and need some work as do the rooms, which are basic but again for the price i paid i cant complain. The room itself was very noisy as our room was located by the back of the hotel. The hallway did smell of food and the decor really needs a touch up. The dinner in the hotel which was included in the package was average at best, aside from breakfast we did not eat or drink in the hotel after our first experience. The waiter was extremely rude when we complained about waiting 10mins for our drinks. So it was a no no for me. I do like the Tower hotels becoming more enviro friendly, but to increase on this why change the soap everyday aswell, just a suggestion.

I dont think i will go back, ive stayed there once and that was enough, i dont think i would recommend it either unless someone isnt too concerned with luxury. I dont want to take anything from the staff as i thought they were fantastic but this hotel does need a bit of work and its location has got huge potential.

Reviewed 14 August 2009

I stayed with my husband and toddler son over the spraoi festival weekend, we parked behind the hotel and unloaded the bags, buggy and child to incounter 8ish steps to get into the hotel, not good. Apart from that the staff we're friendly on check in and after confiming our stay we made out way to our room. The room was overlooking the river which was great. One downfall was the heat in the room even with the window open it was very uncomfortable. The room was clean and well laid out, the bathroom was ok, good shower but when i went to bath our son the taps would not turn on. The bathrooms could do with being done up. Had dinner in the restaruant and even though I booked at late notice we got a table, the food was very good and the staff I must say were also very good and knew we were under pressure with having a child sitting there who wanted to be running about. We had breakfast in our room and this was great, arrived on time and hot. I may sound abit negative on some aspects but I would recommend the Tower Hotel to friends and family. Also good for couples as close to the town centre, pubs restaurants etc

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2009

The hotel is in a good position on the waterfront. The room was a reasonable size but was easily the hottest room I have ever slept in! The windows were open when we arrived adn stayed that way throuhout our stay, making it very noisy because the hotel was on the main road, but the temperature was just unbearable. In contrast, both the bar and restaurant had air conditioning on full blast and were freezing! Breakfast was fine.

I was disappointed with the condition of th leisure centre - the filters around the jacuzzi were loose and there was lots of standing water in the area.

The service at main reception was reasonable although upon checkout they tried to charge us after we had already paid! The mistake was however rectifed fairly quickly.

Reviewed 3 August 2009

I stayed in The Tower Hotel for the August Bank Holiday weekend with my wife & we both had a lovely break.
The hotel location is very central which was great as the Sproí Festival was on in the city for the weekend.
The staff were very friendly & efficient. The room was excellent. The breakfast was very good. The evening meal on the day we arrived, which was part of the deal, was not great, only satisfactory. However, we had a meal in the restaurant on our last day which was very good & excellent value - € 59 for a four course meal for two with a complementary bottle of wine. My wife had seabass & I a sirloin steak (supplament of €5). Both of us were very satisfied.
The entertainment for the weekend in the hotel bar was of a very good quality.

Within a half an hour of checking out of the hotel I recieved a phone call on my mobile from the hotel to say that my wife had left her purse, which contained her credit cards, in our room. There quick response enabled us to return & collect it without too much inconvenience.
Overall we were both very impressed with the hotel.