“Excellent Mid-Week Break”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
CoLouth
“Excellent Mid-Week Break”
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Just back from a mid-week break at this hotel and,all in all, we had a great time. Hotel was great value and the staff could not have been more helpful. Minor problem in the bedroom which was quickly resolved by the action of the receptionist. Hope to visit again

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Co Tipperary
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Please do not stay in this hotel - we spent 2 awful nights here. Tiny rooms which were clearly intended as single - 1 chair, 1 shampoo and yet they they sold them as doubles at €120 a night. The bed was barely 4 ft wide so 2 adults could not fit. Rip-off Ireland is alive and well in Waterford. To get into the 'cupboard' of a bathroom you have to navigate around the door. The noise from the traffic was awful and continued all through the night. Alot of people from the group complained to management but they were not at all helpful. I cannot believe this place is advertised as four star!!

• Stayed September 2009
Tipperary
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We went to the Tower to celebrate our 10th anniversary, our room was warm overlooking the marina, clean and welcoming, staff were so friendly and available to answer any queries we had. We dined in the restraurant and the food was heavely and well presented with a wonderful selection to choose from. The leisure centre was clean and inviting and a great place to chill out . The hotel is so central with shops and pubs nearby within walking distance. It was lovely to relax in the bar at any time of the day or evening. All in all a wonderful experience in a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Cork
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I would not recomened this hotel to anyone.

When I checked out of the hotel I paid my account using my Laser Card and then the hotel decided to charge double the amount to the Credit Card I used to secure the booking without my permission - So I have paid 3 times the amount for our stay
When I rang the hotel they did not apologise and said that this is the norm that they charge the card you used to secure the booking even though when I checked out I used a different card to pay and spoke to me as if I was stupid as if that was the normal thing
I styed in hotel all over the world and this is not the norm.
All they said was that it will be refunded in a couple of days.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I am just back from a weekend at the Tower.
1st things 1st, there have been a few reviews complaining about the decor & that the hotel needs a bit of a face lift.
In one respect I don't disagree the hotel could do with a lick of paint & bit of a revamp but for €150 for 2 adults 2 nights Bed & Breakfast and 1 evening meal with a bottle of wine what are people complaining about??
The staff more than make up for the scruffy aspects of the hotel. The check in staff couldn't do enough for us. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 1pm & the receptionist (I cant remember her name but she had short blonde hair) offered us complimentary Tea or coffee while we waited. She didn't have to offer us anything given that the check in time is 2pm.
We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday night, I was astounded at the quality of the food; I have the chicken liver parfait & the medallions of beef, the beef was cooked to perfection & melt in the mouth, my wife had the vegetable soup & the sirloin again the quality of the produce & cooking was 2nd to none; the hotel are extremely lucky to have such talented chefs working in their kitchen.
Not to take away from the waiting staff they were great, the Maitre Dit couldn't do enough for us.
All in all its great value for money.
I'd would definitely return to the Tower

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mclaren1Ireland
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I was only here for one night, but I found this Hotel to be a nice Hotel. Nothing too fancy, but the Hotel tries to look expensive. The room is ok, but the shower facilities were a little below standard.
We had a TV and a writing desk and cupboard. The bed was comfortable.
The food was nice but nothing special. All in all, if you are staying here for a short period, this hotel would be ideal. Wouldn't recommend it for a long stay in Waterford

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Truly average hotel in Waterford in need of some restoration, Staff were friendly, bedrooms were average, bathroom looked in need of a makeover.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business