US$133
US$124
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

Fitzwilton Hotel(Waterford)
US$104
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$81
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$146
US$98
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$161
US$93
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$72
US$69
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

Portree House(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$162
Granville Hotel(Waterford)
US$144
Travelocity
US$350
1,296 results
All reviewsleisure centrethe riverbar staffcar parkcentral locationtop classfood was lovelytwo night staykids clubbit datedbar foodfrom start to finishgreat weekendfamily roomlast weekendsaturday nightviking triangle
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This hotel made our first anniversary one to remember.The staff were so nice to us and everyone from the time we got there till we left.We were upgraded to a suite which was lovely and a complimentary drink on the night.The food was great and my tea was poured for me after dinner.We will certainly go back there and tell people about it.Thanks alot to the hotel.Edel and Bernard.Meath

Reviewed 10 May 2010

Took a weekend away with my boyfriend. Wasn't too sure about it booking it at first but Tower Hotel Waterford was a great choice. Hotel is right in the centre so you can leave your car in the free carpark and stroll into town. Rooms are lovely. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Even helped jump start my car!
The downstairs bar and restaurant are a must! Bar was relaxing during the day and lively at night. Restaurant food was great. Will definitely recommend to friends.

Reviewed 7 May 2010

Two of my colleagues and I stayed 3 nights in Tower Hotel Waterford. Having to make a meeting on the Friday morning we decided to have an extended weekend. On arrival the check in was very quick despite what seemed to be quite a large function. As our UK mobiles signal was loss receptionist kindly connected us to UK, much appreciated. I have to say the food was fantastic as was the breakfast. Service was excellent. The rooms were very comfortable. The tower location was excellent for the night life as few lively pubs and clubs only a short walk which the staff recommended to us. Nice pool and sauna to relax. In all trips to Ireland was enjoyable and would look forward to returning sometime, value for money and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Just back from a well deserved break in the Tower in Waterford. After reading some negative reviews on Tripadvisor I was a bit apprehensive about out stay but was presently surprised. Our check in was very efficient and staff are very eager to please, we were advised that we had one of the newly refurbished rooms which are fab highly recommended. Great leisure centre and spa facilities, my partner had a facial and back massage for only E 45.00 ! Breakfast was great - we also ate in the bar at lunchtime the day we arrived as our room was not ready and in the restaurant one night as we one meal included in our package both were delicious. There's a good atmosphere in the bar in the evenings and its lovely to sit and look out on the river at night. There is free parking and free wifi in the rooms. This hotel is a 5 minute walk to the main shops and pubs. We will definitely be back and recommending to all our family and friends.

Reviewed 15 April 2010

This hotel was bad. I am not a hotel snob and I can't fathom how anyone would give this hotel a good review. I stayed in five other hotels in Ireland on this trip and they were all fine, if not great.

Here are the pros/cons:

Pro:
1. It's is in the heart of historic Waterford - right across the street from the tower and the river.

Cons:
1. The first non-smoking room I had smelled terribly of smoke. After arguing with the manager that it wasn't someone smoking on the street outside my room, he gave me a new room and the problem was solved. Other reviewers have mentioned this same issue, fyi.
2. The internet didn't work.
3. I picked up the phone to call the front desk about the internet and the phone didn't work.
4. Turned on the TV and that didn't work. The remote control for the TV had no back on it for the batteries. That wasn't why the TV didn't work, however. I tried to manually turn it on. Just another instance of this hotel not taking care of things.
5. I sat in the chair and the back fell out of it.
6. When I notified the manager of the internet, phone and chair (didn't care about the TV), he told me the problem was with my computer - and my iphone's wi-fi. Right then, someone walked in from the bar with their laptop complaining they couldn't get online. It was fixed in a half-hour.
7. When I got back from dinner, the internet was down again and wasn't fixed by the time my little slice of heaven came for that day - checking out!
8. There was not a pub/decent restaurant to be found within walking distance of this hotel.
9. There is no air conditioning and many of the rooms face a very-busy road. Even when it was 60 degrees out, the rooms were hot and you couldn’t leave the windows open because of the noise from the busy road. So no one got any sleep at this hotel.
10. The hotel is in poor shape. The furniture was nearly destroyed (see pictures), the lights were falling out of the ceiling and the ceiling had numerous cracks/stains.

I swear I'm not making this up, nor do I work for one of the hotel's competitors. I'm just a leisure traveler from the U.S.

As an aside, for those considering a trip to Waterford, the city is no longer worth staying in for more than an hour. The crystal factory is permanently closed and you can see the historic sights in an hour, without subjecting yourself to this hotel. The fact that I wasn't in love with waterford had nothing to do with my review of this hotel. But, I would keep driving to Dublin or find something else to do.

Oh, and spend some time with my pictures - hopefully they help tell the story.

• Stayed: April 2010