“Meal to die for”

Ranked #27 of 184 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Simple friendly italian restaurant. delicious traditional dishes with no fuss. great stone baked pizza
Reviewed 21 July 2013

After reading all the reviews on the trip advisor I decided that I would just have to take my family over and try it out for ourselves. The restaurant was quiet at this time of the day it seemed but we didn't come to see other people merely enjoy a family treat, the waitress was friendly and chatted amiably with us. The food took about half an hour to come to us but it came all at once so that we could all eat at the same time. My daughter tucked into a special meal made for her by the lady owner a Zosia something I can't remember her surname but that's not important, my daughter loved the meal and zoomed through it as if we had not fed her all day. At 3 years of age, as any parent will know the children will get very fussy, to see her clearing her plate was a sight to behold. My wife and I had a pizza each and I have to say hands down the best pizza I have ever eaten. I would recommend anyone to go down there, ignore the bad review written by that man because he must have gone off to some other restaurant as no way he described the people in this Antichi Sapori. At the end of the meal we were given home made tiramisu with strawberries and we didn't even have to pay for that or my daughter. I left tip large enough to make up for the delicious desert.

5  Thank Steven K

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful Quattro Formaggi with smoked scamorza cheese and a glass of red wine.
Nice atmosphere and delightful staff

6  Thank cooltopz
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Returned here two weeks ago for evening meal. Wine, cheese, salads and gnochi. Amazing food and super friendly staff. Cant ask for more really.

6  Thank Dextermorgans
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I cannot say enough about this restaurant and after reading another viewers awful review I felt compelled to give my review after 4 years or so coming here. There is a good choice of restaurants in Waterford but myself and my partner continually return to Antichi Sapori. We started coming when it opened first, as La Taverna, probably 4 and a half years ago. When it changed ownership we continued going to Jean Paulo, and under new ownership now, a really friendly lady, we are still addicted to this restaurant. The chef is friendly and welcoming, and looked like he was melting tonight between the heat from the weather and the impressive open brick pizza oven. Why do we keep coming back? From the first evening we opened the door, and every time since, the staff greet you with a welcome and a smile. The service and hospitality is excellent. I gave this review the title of 'A Little piece of Italy in Waterford' because it feels exactly like that. We can switch off from our busy lives and unwind in this unique and italian feel restaurant. I think at this stage, we have tried everything on the menu and have never once been disappointed. Everything is explained to you and the presentation is amazing. If asked, the staff will recommend food and wine for you if you are adventurous. Would highly recommend the starter which includes various italian cold meats, cheeses and leaves along with a type of honey and a cherry balsamic dip. Amazing. Also the Calzone is fabulous. I could keep going through the menu, but believe me, you will not be disappointed. The Red Valpolicello wine is beautiful with any course. Definitely the best value for money. We have never felt that it wasn't worth it. We find the prices very fair considering the portions are extremely generous. Their take-away is just as good too for a nice meal in.
We wish Antichi Sapori the very best and look forward to many more wonderful meals out. x

6  Thank SportifLady
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant again last Saturday and we weren't disappointed. Food was really delicious. This time I had a tomato soup which was absolutely fantastic and spinach ravioli. My husband took spaghetti carbonara and he loved it. At the end I treated myself with a tiramisu, and big cappuccino witch was gorgeous. We will definitely return.

4  Thank Si0bhan33