“Great family experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Antichi Sapori
Ranked #22 of 174 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Simple friendly italian restaurant. delicious traditional dishes with no fuss. great stone baked pizza
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great family experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Brought my wife and 4 children here for a birthday celebration.
Excellent family value, excellent food and really nice attentive staff.
You have made new custiomers for life thank you!

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Tom M

Lancashire
“Good Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I don't want to be negative but need to say that although the Pizza we had from the early bird menu was good. The upstairs dining room we were shown to was less than salubrious and welcoming. The food took an age to arrive with no apology or explanation and the waitress (not Irish) was less than warm and friendly. So overall a little disappointing.
We received much better service and food elsewhere in Waterford. Perhaps just a bad day?

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank DavroLancashire
Waterford, Ireland
“Fantastic food and service for varied diets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I decided to hold a family function in this restaurant. With varied diets from vegan to dairy free and gluten free to contend with I was a little nervous of talking with any restaurant.But the owner was great and sat down with me to discuss how many people were attending and the dietary requirements I needed. We agreed on many dishes to provide variety for all and I found the way she was also able to provide similar food for everyone was great.
On the night of the functuion the staff couldnt have been more attentive. The chef had a great emphasis on cooking the food separately so as not to cross contaminate. All the food was freshly cooked and was enjoyed by all. I had many comments from family and friends who attended about how lovely the food was, how varied the selection for each person was and the friendliness of staff.
I will definitely be coming here for functions in the future as they had everything in hand and I didnt need to worry at all. Friends who attended the function also have returned for meals and their own functions which shows the quality provided.

• Visited April 2013
7 Thank Nuala L
Waterford, Ireland
“Meal to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

After reading all the reviews on the trip advisor I decided that I would just have to take my family over and try it out for ourselves. The restaurant was quiet at this time of the day it seemed but we didn't come to see other people merely enjoy a family treat, the waitress was friendly and chatted amiably with us. The food took about half an hour to come to us but it came all at once so that we could all eat at the same time. My daughter tucked into a special meal made for her by the lady owner a Zosia something I can't remember her surname but that's not important, my daughter loved the meal and zoomed through it as if we had not fed her all day. At 3 years of age, as any parent will know the children will get very fussy, to see her clearing her plate was a sight to behold. My wife and I had a pizza each and I have to say hands down the best pizza I have ever eaten. I would recommend anyone to go down there, ignore the bad review written by that man because he must have gone off to some other restaurant as no way he described the people in this Antichi Sapori. At the end of the meal we were given home made tiramisu with strawberries and we didn't even have to pay for that or my daughter. I left tip large enough to make up for the delicious desert.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Steven K
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Charming bit of Italy in Waterford.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful Quattro Formaggi with smoked scamorza cheese and a glass of red wine.
Nice atmosphere and delightful staff

• Visited July 2013