“Hidden Gem”

Hook and Ladder
Ranked #16 of 182 Restaurants in Waterford
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The idea behind cafehome is to showcase a number of various store concepts under the one brand, with each individual concept retaining its own individual ethos and style.The first of these concepts is Hook & Ladder, where we’ve created a unique atmosphere with expertly trained staff, showcasing a broad range of Irish artisan foods, plus a range of furniture and accessories. One truly unique aspect to Hook & Ladder is that all the café fittings – from the cutlery & crockery, to the seats you sit on – are available for purchase.
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous for lunch or coffee, and so reasonably priced too, it's no wonder this place is permanently full! It has the added bonus of free parking and lovely staff. I personally recommend the bruschetta, it's to die for! I eat out for lunch quite a lot, and I think the difference here is fresh, high quality ingredients.

2  Thank MollyK82

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had breakfast in Hook and Ladder in Limerick on Saturday morning - 4 adults. Lovely breakfast - no problems with the food, although the toast was very hard - our problem was the price. Breakfast for 4 was over €44..... Only one of those breakfasts was the full Irish - the 3 others were scrambled egg/salmon, scrambled egg with sausages and without the salmon and poached eggs with sausages. Way too expensive for us to go there again. There are lots of other lovely restaurants who do really fab breakfasts that would cost us approx €30 for 4.

1  Thank mel621126
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and a lovely deli, this is well worth a visit. I love the smoked salad salad - put off trying the desserts for now, afraid I won't stop if I start, but they look gorgeous.

1  Thank Reviewthegood
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I love this place! There is always plenty of choice and great food. The staff are friendly also. The only problem I would have with this place is if you go around lunch time during the working week. It is very hard to find seating and often have to share tables with strangers. Other than that, it's great

1  Thank Eimearm M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Now I haven't had anything savoury here yet, but looking what others have, that also looks good. I have to talk about the cakes. They are delicious. The victoria sandwich sounds a little dull, but I defy you to not like it. Its moist and tasty and if anything a bit too big, but you know you just have to find room for it.
Then there's the coffee, rich and full of flavour. Go for lunch, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Liz M