“The best”

The Gingerman
Ranked #13 of 188 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Gastro pub in waterford city centre.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with kids on way to the beach today. So impressed fast friendly service and excellent food. The coleslaw is amazing as were the chip's. The kids want to know if we can pop down to waterford every sunday just for lunch Mmm maybe not but wouldn't wat anywhere else when I am next visiting waterford. Highly recommended.

simonfinn, Owner at The Gingerman, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thanks Tina,

Glad you enjoyed your experience at the gingerman, hope to see again.

Simon

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stopped in Waterford to have lunch on my way to Kilkenny from Killarney. A few locals pointed my group of ten to The Gingerman. I loved the rustic feel of the place, and the staff was super friendly and accommodating. I had the best Caesar salad there and definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Tucked in off a pedestrian square down a narrow walk that has to be a medieval holdout, The Gingerman was the perfect place for lunch. No one in our group of 4 (teenager to seniors) was able to finish their meal, but it didn't stop us from sharing a dessert! The fish and chips was incredible and the toffee crepes were delicious. Highly recommended, friendly staff and bustling lunch crowd.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Great food and prices for all the family and very friendly bar staff. In the heart of waterford city close to City square shopping centre.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I don't drink but my husband says it served the best Guinness he's ever had.

I had colcannon and ribs - huge portion of which I could eat only half - which was delicious. I've uploaded a picture which doesn't do it justice.

Staff very friendly and helpful as they invariably were everywhere in Waterford.