“Beautiful gardens”

Ranked #6 of 60 things to do in Waterford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Beautiful gardens in a very tranquil setting. Well worth a visit. There is ample car parking. Pity the house is not open to the public. Would like to visit again as we were unable to visit the whole of the gardens the day we were there. The Suir Valley Railway is close by. Great for families with children. Would recommend Mount Congrieve Gardens .

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Wonderful setting. I don't usually enjoy visiting gardens but I'm glad I made this an exception. If anything, the abundance of plants is a bit overwhelming. The supplied map could do with improvement as it is easy to get lost and miss a lot.
It's a 'must-see' if you're in that part of the world.
Strangely enough, you can't have a bath there although there are toilets

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The gardens are out of this world and when you find the mansion, it's beauty is jaw dropping. Will go back to walk around the gardens, as reasonably priced and there is a garden shop where you can buy gorgeous plants, shrubs etc from the estate to enjoy at home.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

What a treasure to have in Waterford. I had the pleasure of accessing the house which was a treasure but the gardens are just magnificent and definitely worth an explore.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was visiting family in Tramore and we headed off the Mount Congreve Gardens. Unfortunately it started lashing rain so that put paid to our walk around the gardens. But the bit I did see, I liked - a lot! There's a lovely garden shop and also a little coffee shop which proved to be amazing value for money. I look forward to returning and seeing it all in more detail.