“Nice and Clean Rooms, Nice Leisure Centre” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treacys Hotel Waterford

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Killarney, Ireland
“Nice and Clean Rooms, Nice Leisure Centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week for 5 nights as I was attending a course with other delegates. I was happy enough with the quality of service I received. The staff were friendly and were always happy to attend to our needs. The room and en-suite were spotlessly cleaned, nice and spacious for the single occupant. The buffet breakfast was good, however I would prefer if there was some fresh fruit available too.
The pool and gym was lovely. The Jacuzzi, sauna was very relaxing. Other delegates received spa treatment, which they enjoyed.
The hotel is in a very ideal spot, only a few minutes walking distance from all the shops and pubs.
The bar food good. Restaurant food was "okay"
My only big concern is that there was a vending machine outside my room door which made a very load humming noise; any light sleepers might find it hard to sleep listening to this.
Overall it's a good place, and I would come back again.

Room Tip: Light sleepers maybe advised to stay away from room 101- 104 as vending outside machine is loud.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KatMTR
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear KatMTR,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time our to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the level of service you received during your stay and that you found your bedroom to be spotlessly clean. Our facilities in the leisure centre and the spa are great so i am delighted that you had time to enjoy these too. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at the hotel. I take on board your comment about more fresh fruit being available during breakfast and will speak to our head chef to have this implemented. I have also raised your concern about noise from the vending machine outside your room with management and we are looking to have the vending machine moved. Once again thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Treacy's Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Polish first
Athlone, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My family (2 adults and 3 small kids) stayed at this hotel on the 23-25 March and we really enjoyed our stay.
The location is excellent and is just a short walk from the main shopping area of Waterford and main nightlife spots.
The Hotel is also located well to suit both a quite holiday or alternatively a busy weekend.
The staff were very helpful and polite.
There is an excellent swimming pool and the kids really enjoyed it.
Our bedroom was very clean and there was an excellent view of the Quay.
The bar of the hotel was busy with music on both nights, which we could not hear from our room.

When I am going to Waterford City I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark C
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your time with us. I'm delighted to hear that you loved our facilities and found our staff very helpful and polite! It was a pleasure to have you and your family staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed in Treacys in Waterford for 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend. Was abit septical considering the previous reviews on Trip advisor but was pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and efficient and we were then shown to our room which was in the newer part of the hotel. Our room was spotless clean and beautifully decorated. We ate in both the restaurant and the bar and the food was really tasty and given the weekend that was in it, staff were under pressure but handled it very well. There was a great atmosphere around the place on Saturday and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.Marian who I think works on the desk was extremely helpful when we asked her advice on where to go in Waterford, and even though it was obvious she was busy she took the time to speak to us for a considerable length of time, nothing seemed to be too much bother for her. Leisure was fabulous and wasn't too busy which was great! Hotel is centrally located in Waterford but not too central that you cant get a decent nights sleep ! Overall a great hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Claire,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel and of our staff. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were very helpful. I will certainly pass your compliments onto Marian and other staff. They will be delighted to hear of your lovely comments.
Once again thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

stayed here last weekend and I must say the hotel both staff and facilities were excellent especially the afternoon entertainment provided in the bar last Sunday. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us and that you found hotel facilities and staff great! I'm trilled that you would recommend our hotel to anyone.
Once again thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

A group of women from Ringsend booked a weekend on 3rd and 4th March 2012 for a 50th Birthday, we did not know what to expect, arrivied at Hotel to a warm and friendly welcome by staff, rooms were very nice, entertainment was great, Bar staff and other staff were extremely freindly, just what you need for a weekend break and a bit of crack. Marian Long was extremely helpfull to us and could not do enough to make our weekend so enjoyable.
Thanks to all the staff and in particular Marian from the Seven Women from Ringsend. Denfintely returning with the women, might even bring our partners next time

Dear Carol,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review our hotel. I'm trilled to hear that you will definitely be back to stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you really enjoyed entertainment and found staff extremely friendly. I will be certain to pass this review onto Marian too, she will be delighted.
Once again thank you for your kind words and your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Portarlington, Laois, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

stayed there for a hens weekend. Staff were really helpful. Rooms were big and very clean. I would recommend the hotel. I am hoping to go back in july for a few days.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria K, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Johanna S,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your lovely review. I'm delighted to read you really enjoyed your stay with us! It was a pleasure to have you and the rest of your party at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed here as part of a hen party group last year in May 2011 & to say I won't be returning again is an understatement.

The room were small & basic but cheap so at least that was a relief. The food was woeful, and trying to get any sort of sleep just wasn't a runner. I didn't go to the hen to sleep but when you crawl into bed at 3 & 4 in the morning you want to be able to sleep but the walls are so paper thin,you hear everything....I mean everything from all the near rooms!!! It's advertised as having a spa but the spa is actually just a place next door & nothing to do with the hotel. I hated it. The bar staff were good though so credit to them.

It's cheap & good value if all you want is a base but if you are a couple/family/want any sort of sleep,Treacy's ain't for you.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lav-senior
Maria K, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Lav-senior,
Thank you for your stay with us last year and for taking the time out to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the bar and found the bar staff very helpful. I'm happy to hear that you were also happy with our hotel room rates.
Firstly I would like to correct you on your statement "It's advertised as having a spa but the spa is actually just a place next door & nothing to do with the hotel" as Spirit Spa IS part of our hotel and you CAN access the Spa through our hotel and this has always been the case. Our Spa is very popular with not only our hotel guests but also very popular with the people of Waterford.
I'm sorry to hear that you did not like our food. We normally receive nothing but compliments on our food. I'm also sorry to hear that you did not get a good night sleep when you arrived back at the hotel at 3/4 in the morning. Our reception is open 24 hours and if noise from other bedrooms was keeping you awake it would just take a quick phone call to reception to have this matter resolved.
Once again thank you for your stay with us last year and for taking the time out to review our hotel.
Treacy's Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels