“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My partner and I have just stayed in Treacys for the Easter weekend. Despite being one of four coach tour groups staying that weekend we found things to be extremely well organised. The room was clean, fresh and tastefully decorated. The food was magnificent and the service very good. We were lucky enough to have a room at the front of the hotel, looking out over the river. The entertainment was very good and bar prices reasonable.
The staff we met were friendly and helpful and we felt nothing was too much trouble.
We hope to visit Waterford again one day and when we do we will definitely stay at Treacys.

Room Tip: We found room 106 was just fine.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Ken,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your time at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear our staff get praised for their hard work and service. I am happy to know you found food here was magnificent. I will be sure to let our chefs know!I'm trilled to hear that you will be back with us again.
Once again thank you very much for your stay with and your kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you and your partner again soon.
Treacy's Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Polish first
Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Family 2 night stay:

Parking far away was not told this so had walk with 2 young kids, buggys,bags etc to hotel. Our room block B means you get lift frm reception to level 1 then walk ages (like walking whole grafton st), then 5 steps to next lift take till level 3.

Kids club basic. extra charge €10 fr dinner + €5 fr film. wouldnt pay €5 fr film and small cup popcorn so did arts + crafts.

Food in bar EXPENCIVE so went out town for dinners.

Swiming pool was freezing. Lockers ONLY hold mobile phone +keys. Changing room freezing my kids were crying + shaking.

Kids got easter egg each on arrival. lovely idea.

Breakfast basic.

At night we could hear runing water into tank very enoying. Towls had stains.

Room Tip: Dont stay BLOCK B to far away
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IrelandLynda
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Lynda,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review our Hotel. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is only with feedback that we can improve the quality and service at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you that your children were happy with their Easter Eggs on arrival. We felt this was a great way to set a good atmosphere on arrival.
I'm sorry to hear that your felt parking was far away from the hotel. Walking without children it should take you no more than 4 minutes (200 m). I do understand that with children the walk would take a bit longer. We do have a loading bay at the front of hotel where you can park to drop off all buggies bags etc. to make carrying bags less stressful for guests. We always advertise that we provide free off-site parking which is rare for city centre hotels. Alternatively, there is a public carpark across from hotel but charges apply.
The historical nature of our listed hotel building may give the impression that there is a long distance from the foyer to block B. When you become familiar with your room this walk should not take any more than 2 minutes. If we were aware that you would prefer a room closer to the lift we would have done as best we could to accommodate you on this.
In relation to the Kids Club all activities apart from dinner and movie with popcorn and juice is free of charge. We also ran an Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday which was free of charge too. I hope your children enjoyed it. On top of this the Kids Club entertain children through arts & crafts & games etc.
I'm sorry to hear that you found food in the bar expensive. Our prices are extremely competitive and our food is of great quality and there is lots of it too.
I have spoken to our Leisure Centre manager in relation to your comments on the swimming pool and locker area. Our swimming pool is set at a temperature of 29 1/2 degrees.This temperature never changes and is monitored regularly. I am confused to how you were freezing in the swimming pool. The manager is however looking into increases the temperature of the changing room. I'm very sorry to hear that you children were crying & shaking when they left the pool.
I have also spoken with housekeeping about towels which you mentioned had stained on them. All our linen is outsourced to a cleaning company to be cleaned so I am looking into this complaint and I am taking it very seriously.
I am trying to understand where you could hear running water from. I would be delighted if you could give me extra information on this. If you could please contact me on 051-877222 or email me on sales@thwaterford.com.
Once again thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking time out to review your stay with us.
Treacy's Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Killarney, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week for 5 nights as I was attending a course with other delegates. I was happy enough with the quality of service I received. The staff were friendly and were always happy to attend to our needs. The room and en-suite were spotlessly cleaned, nice and spacious for the single occupant. The buffet breakfast was good, however I would prefer if there was some fresh fruit available too.
The pool and gym was lovely. The Jacuzzi, sauna was very relaxing. Other delegates received spa treatment, which they enjoyed.
The hotel is in a very ideal spot, only a few minutes walking distance from all the shops and pubs.
The bar food good. Restaurant food was "okay"
My only big concern is that there was a vending machine outside my room door which made a very load humming noise; any light sleepers might find it hard to sleep listening to this.
Overall it's a good place, and I would come back again.

Room Tip: Light sleepers maybe advised to stay away from room 101- 104 as vending outside machine is loud.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KatMTR
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear KatMTR,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time our to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the level of service you received during your stay and that you found your bedroom to be spotlessly clean. Our facilities in the leisure centre and the spa are great so i am delighted that you had time to enjoy these too. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at the hotel. I take on board your comment about more fresh fruit being available during breakfast and will speak to our head chef to have this implemented. I have also raised your concern about noise from the vending machine outside your room with management and we are looking to have the vending machine moved. Once again thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Athlone, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My family (2 adults and 3 small kids) stayed at this hotel on the 23-25 March and we really enjoyed our stay.
The location is excellent and is just a short walk from the main shopping area of Waterford and main nightlife spots.
The Hotel is also located well to suit both a quite holiday or alternatively a busy weekend.
The staff were very helpful and polite.
There is an excellent swimming pool and the kids really enjoyed it.
Our bedroom was very clean and there was an excellent view of the Quay.
The bar of the hotel was busy with music on both nights, which we could not hear from our room.

When I am going to Waterford City I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark C
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your time with us. I'm delighted to hear that you loved our facilities and found our staff very helpful and polite! It was a pleasure to have you and your family staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed in Treacys in Waterford for 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend. Was abit septical considering the previous reviews on Trip advisor but was pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and efficient and we were then shown to our room which was in the newer part of the hotel. Our room was spotless clean and beautifully decorated. We ate in both the restaurant and the bar and the food was really tasty and given the weekend that was in it, staff were under pressure but handled it very well. There was a great atmosphere around the place on Saturday and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.Marian who I think works on the desk was extremely helpful when we asked her advice on where to go in Waterford, and even though it was obvious she was busy she took the time to speak to us for a considerable length of time, nothing seemed to be too much bother for her. Leisure was fabulous and wasn't too busy which was great! Hotel is centrally located in Waterford but not too central that you cant get a decent nights sleep ! Overall a great hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Claire,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel and of our staff. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were very helpful. I will certainly pass your compliments onto Marian and other staff. They will be delighted to hear of your lovely comments.
Once again thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

stayed here last weekend and I must say the hotel both staff and facilities were excellent especially the afternoon entertainment provided in the bar last Sunday. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us and that you found hotel facilities and staff great! I'm trilled that you would recommend our hotel to anyone.
Once again thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

A group of women from Ringsend booked a weekend on 3rd and 4th March 2012 for a 50th Birthday, we did not know what to expect, arrivied at Hotel to a warm and friendly welcome by staff, rooms were very nice, entertainment was great, Bar staff and other staff were extremely freindly, just what you need for a weekend break and a bit of crack. Marian Long was extremely helpfull to us and could not do enough to make our weekend so enjoyable.
Thanks to all the staff and in particular Marian from the Seven Women from Ringsend. Denfintely returning with the women, might even bring our partners next time

Dear Carol,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review our hotel. I'm trilled to hear that you will definitely be back to stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you really enjoyed entertainment and found staff extremely friendly. I will be certain to pass this review onto Marian too, she will be delighted.
Once again thank you for your kind words and your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.