“Great Stay”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Ireland
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We are just back from a three night stay in Treacy's Hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room was spacious. I used the pool which was a great amenity. Would reccommend this hotel. It is ideally situated for all the city centre sights.

2 Thank EllieKIreland
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Ellie,

I'm delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you took time out to enjoy our leisure facilities. We are very fortunate in having a great team of staff here at Treacys Hotel. This we feel enhances guests experiences during their stay. Thank you once again for your recent stay and for taking the time out to review your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Polish first
Lucan, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I have just returned from a great weekend in Treacys hotel Waterford.
The staff in the hotel are top class. Myself and my wife had a lovely time in the spa.I had a massage from a wonderful therapist Maria from Carlow.
The two girls on the reception in the spa were fabulous especially Tracy who gave us a great tip for our trip to dunmore east.
Our room was lovely and had plenty of space.
Most of all we would like to thank Marion who puts the C into customer service.
Marion is an exceptional person who made our weekend so enjoyable.
Just chatting with this outstanding lady was a pleasure and as long as Marion is leading the customer experience in Treacys I predict many rebooking from guests.
Myself and my wife will definitely return to Treacys.
Thanks to all the lovely people from Waterford.
Jimmy & Noeleen room 249 Friday and Saturday.

1 Thank James B
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear James,

It is an absolute delight to read your review. We are very fortunate to have such a great team of staff here at Treacy's Hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone and they will be trilled. I would have to agree with you 100% that Marian is an outstanding lady and a pleasure to be around as is Traci, the manager at Spirit Spa & Beauty.

Once again thank you for such kind words. It was an absolute pleasure having you and your wife stay with. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Trim, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed in Treacys on the 4th of July. I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist. She explained the facilities. One disadvantage is that the room corridors are like rabbit warrens. The breakfast was perfect and everything you need.
Parking can take a bit of time but if you want to pay for parking you can park right across the road from the hotel. Nice hotel to stay on business

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tomas C
Dear Tomas,

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found receptionist very friendly and informative. I am delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast too.

I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult getting around our hotel. We are working to improve hotel signage at the moment to prevent this problem.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

meath
Reviewed 10 July 2012

just spent a long weekend at this hotel staff very helpful and friendly food very good ambience very nice entertainment lovely pool and spa will be back

1 Thank ringonavan
, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and trilled that you will definitely be returning to us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

I have just returned for a wonderful stay in Treacys in Waterford's oldest city. I stayed in room 436 and I must say that it is a spacious and comfortable room. The rooms are so pretty as well. The wallpaper is lovely on the walls, it really is gorgeous. The beds are very comfy not like in some hotels. There is a proper hairdyer in the room that is inonic, very impressive. This is the second review I have posted for Treacys ( the first entitled" a wonderful surprise") I just wanted to reiterate that Treacys is a great hotel and that you should not pay attention to any bad reviews as I have nothing bad to say and I must admit I usually do have some little complaints. In my opinion, it is a hotel that is not targeted at any age group of people, as a 19 year old, I love it but I have seen people of all ages enjoying Treacys. I think that the staff are what sets it apart, as they are all lovely, as I have conveyed in my previous review. Marion was really warm and just basically a nice person. She is a welcome change compared to some members of other staff in other hotels. There is one hotel in another county in Ireland where the General Manager wouldn't even bother to say hello to you, the staff in that hotel were generally not friendly as I went there on a number of occasions (the first time I was aged 13 and last 18) and my point is that in those years the same staff never seemed to realise I had grown up so still treated me like a child. This would not happen in Treacys.I will not return to that hotel but I will without a doubt return to Treacys. It should be ranked higher on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Joanne,

Thank you once again for such a lovely tripadvisor review. I am delighted that you returned to us and had the same great experience second time round! We are very fortunate to have such a great team of staff here at Treacy's Hotel. I'm trilled that you will be back to stay with us again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just back from a night away here on a hens weekend and had a fab time. The best thing about this hotel is the friendliness of the staff from the time i entered the hotel i was greeted by smiles and a lovely attitude by all staff at the hotel there really all down to earth and nothing is to much hassle for them especially one of the managers i think her name was Marion. I've had many facials in different hotels and the one i had here was the nicest i've had. The deal i got was134 euro it included B&B, dinner and a spa treatment and it was well worth the money. The food is lovely and served very fast. The hotel is very clean a little dated but i have seen worse. I would recommend this hotel if planning a trip to Waterford.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Terri,

It is an absolute delight to read your review. It's a big team effort from everyone at Treacy's hotel Spa & Leisure Centre to deliver and satisfy every guests expectations. I will pass on your compliments to everyone and they will be trilled. It is fantastic to read that you would recommend Treacy's Hotel to anyone.

Once again thank you for your recent stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure to have you with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. We hope you all have a great time at the wedding!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I was fortunate to obtain a €59 early booking rate and was delighted with all aspects of the hotel.
I travel a lot so tend not to take time to submit reviews but this hotel deserves the effort.
The staff were superb and couldn't have been more helpful - from reception to pool/gym to restaurants.
You could tell it was independent/family run as nothing was too much trouble.
Free leisure facilities and evening entertainment, nice rooms and lovely breakfast.
They were even kind enough to allow me use shower after marathon run even though well after check-out time. Free newspapers and left-luggage facilites also get a big thumbs-up.
Also has great location, on river and opposite rail station.
Yes it can get a bit noisy and is labyrynthine if trying to get to gym/pool but that's just the way the building is.
Recommend wholeheartedly !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear Pat,

Thank you for such kind words. I'm delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and loved the facilities we have here on offer to our guests. We are very lucky to have such a great team of staff here at Treacy's Hotel and we pride ourselves on being as accommodating as possible for our guests. Well done on running in the Waterford Marathon! We look forward to welcoming you again soon.