“Don't bother” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Limerick
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were staying for a night in Waterford, wanted to have a stroll around and visit a few sites. When we arrived to the hotel the lift was broken and had to walk up two flights of stairs with our bags and then go through halls upon halls until we found our room. The heat of the hallways was sickening and didnt get much better when we got into our room. It was extremely dull and we couldnt wait to get out of there. That night while trying to sleep the walls were extremely thin and we could hear everything next door and out in the halls. The floorboards were creaky, so much so that it felt like there was someone in our room when people in the other room were walking around. There were kids running up and down the halls all night too. Throughout the night the sound of pipes or tanks filling was deafening. We hated the place and didnt even stay to use the pool or have breakfast which we had paid for. Never again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tourist0531
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not take the time to use the great facilities we have here at our hotel. We have a 20m swimming pool along with Jacuzzi, sauna, steam-room and fully equipped gymnasium. Guests love to take time out and enjoy our leisure centre and swimming pool.

I am sorry to hear that upon arrival one of our lifts was out of order. However we do have two lifts at reception and also a luggage trolley which guests can use to ease the difficulty in carrying luggage.

It is unfortunate that you did not contact reception in relation to noise problem you were having in your room. We would only of been too happy to accommodate you and move you to a different room. Our hotel was originally built in the mid 18th Century and with recent modernization we have tried to retain the charm of the building.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with this that we can help to improve our hotel.

Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

From looking at the hotel website we were more than happy to book as it looked lovely however the hotel when we got here and were handed a map to get to our 'block' is more faulty towers than four star - the family room we booked is claustrophobic and the grey colour scheme inside only makes it worse- am so sorry that we came here- not a good start to our Waterford experience-would never consider staying here again

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank daisydesigner
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. Treacy's Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre is a three star Bord Failte approved hotel and not a four star hotel as mentioned in your review. We provide all guests with a map and weekly newsletter of activities. Our hotel is quite large and activities take place in different parts of the hotel. We feel that providing guests with a map prevents guests missing out on hotel activities.

We acknowledge that our colour scheme is not to your taste and we will keep this in mind when we change next.

I am disappointed to hear that you will not be back with us again. Once again thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us.

Shóna McGailey

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

My family an I really enjoyed our stay here, my children loved the kids club they even collected our children from our room and brought them for breakfast before bringing them off to the kids club, my children loved the swimming pool but it was a bit deep for them as there is no children's part of the pool
The family room was nice and big and had everything we needed
The bar was great as there is a games room for the children to play in so u can keep your eye on them

P.S. the spa treatments are amazing

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Shelly,

I'm delighted to read that you and your family truly enjoyed your stay with us and that your children participated in our Kids Club. We are very fortunate in having a dedicated team of staff here at Treacys Hotel. This we feel enhances guests experiences during their stay. Our swimming pool is the one dept of 4ft. We do permit the use of armbands in our pool and leisure centre staff are always on hand.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

kilkenny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel for the Motorbike fest which was on in Waterford over the weekend. We really enjoyed our stay here, room was lovely and didn't hear a sound all night. Best night sleep I've had in ages. The staff were lovely to us and very helpful especially on the Sunday morning when we wanted to do a little shopping and they looked after our bags for us. We have already said we will definitely be back. Have read that other people had problems with the car park , not sure why as we had no problems at all. Ciara

Dear Ciara,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay with us. I'm trilled to read that you had a great time and that you will definitely be back to stay with us again. I'm delighted that you found a lot of comfort in your room and that hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Once again thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

We booked this hotel because it was so close to the train station but we didn't realise that there were 3 more hotels along the mall!

Our check-in was fine; had requested a room "with a view" and that's exactly what we got! While the hotel is nice and cosy you would know that there has been no up-dating carried out in the past 20 years, at least! The room given to us was facing the river and, therefore overlooking the main road and the traffic was noisy but that didn't seem to bother us at all. The room was on the small side with nice comfortable bed. The window opening was ample giving plenty of fresh air which is one of my pet "likes".

The bathroom, which appeared more modern than the room was nice and fresh. I had two small quibbles with the bathroom. One, they only had a soap dispenser over the handbasin and another dispenser with "hair & body shampoo" over the bath. This really annoys me as I like the little sachets of shampoo and body lotion along with the shower cap. My second quibble was the the bath/shower towels were on the small side.

The evening meal which was in an old-fashioned type of restaurant with ugly plastic table-cloths was very nice and tasty, plain but quite tasty.

We used the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and enjoyed our swim. We were caught out though not having any shampoo with us and there were no dispensers in the changing room. So I asked the attendant and he gave me a couple of sachets.

All in all this is a very comfortable hotel but extremely dated. I could not fault the service as the girls we met were lovely. I don't think I would stay here again as I liked the look of a couple of the hotels along the mall. But I would not put anyone off staying there either. IMO a bit of up-dating would make all the difference because they have everything else.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Mollie,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay with us. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with guests feedback that we can help improve our hotel.

Firstly, I am delighted to read that you really did enjoy your stay with us. I'm happy that staff could accommodate your request of a room with a view and the leisure centre team were also on hand to provide shampoo sachets to you. I will also look into providing sachets of shampoo in our guest bedrooms too.

Our hotel was originally built in the mid 18th Century and with recent modernization we have tried to retain the charm of the building. Local planning restrictions do not permit us to rebuild hence we must keep sash windows etc. We last updated our rooms in 2007 and added our Spa & Leisure Centre in 2009. We carry out paint work on an annual and biannual bases and maintenance work is ongoing. We are however looking at modernising our corridors at the moment.

Once again thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your experience with us.

cork
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

My friends and I stayed in this hotel on 29th June for the weekend. I complained at the resturant about my main meal where I was spoken to very rudely by a manager on duty. I also spoke to the customer service rep who was not very helpful. My friends had stayed here for a special occasion and it was not a good place to stay if you want manners!!!! I wrote a letter of complaint but however as of writing I have not received any proper apology, only it shouldnt have happened etc. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
The location was ideal but I would not be staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main road.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank siobhan h
Dear Siobhan,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. We are ideally located just a short stroll from the main shopping area, we are also just a two minute walk from both bus and train station.

We do regret that you felt your stay with us was not a positive experience. We are sorry to hear that our customer service rep. and our manager on duty could not rectify your problem. It is the first time we have come across a complaint such as yours about our customer service rep. and manager. We are looking into this.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We are just back from a three night stay in Treacy's Hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room was spacious. I used the pool which was a great amenity. Would reccommend this hotel. It is ideally situated for all the city centre sights.

2 Thank EllieKIreland
Dear Ellie,

I'm delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you took time out to enjoy our leisure facilities. We are very fortunate in having a great team of staff here at Treacys Hotel. This we feel enhances guests experiences during their stay. Thank you once again for your recent stay and for taking the time out to review your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.