“Pleasant surprise...”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Teignmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise...”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When a recent visit to Waterford with a group of friends was approaching I really didn`t give the hotel much thought; it was in the right place,cost the right amount and was booked!! Having spent many a night in mid-price hotels I find it hard to be excited by them,usually coming with either an uncomfortable bed/not enough linen/apathetic staff/disappointing showers....I won`t go on!!!
Imagine my surprise when NONE of this applied at Treacy`s...a real gem!
First impressions were of a lovely welcome and bright,clean reception area,before I knew it 25 ladies were dispatched to our rooms without a jot of confusion (no mean feat I assure you!!) On entering the room it was clean and comfortable with tea & coffee facilities,hair dryer,iron,AMPLE linen.....other than being a bit on the warm side it seemed perfect,and there was an electric fan (that ran silently) and a large window that opened nice and wide.
At breakfast there was lots of choice and the hot selection seemed to be kept regularly replenished. Dinner too was delicious.
However the main thing I have to say that really set Treacy`s Hotel apart from others is the staff,always someone nearby and always more than happy to help in any way. Particular note to Marian,the hotel`s customer service manager; I don`t know quite WHEN she sleeps or how she stays so immaculately turned out and cheerful but if she ever decides to bottle it i`ll definitely buy 2...!!! I say GO....

1 Thank Claire N
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Claire

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m thrilled you and your group had a memorable stay with us.

Here at Treacys, we are extremely fortunate to have such an incredible team working with us. Our staff give 110% each day, especially the lovely Marian. We really do feel that personal touch can enhance our guests’ enjoyment while here at the hotel.
Thank you for your lovely comments on our food. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your breakfast in the Wallace Suite and found there was plenty of choice and a good variety. Our self-serving continental breakfast includes a wide variety of fresh fruit and fruit juices, a wide selection of breakfast cereals, cheese plates and a hot breakfast is also available if that is preferred. I’m also pleased you enjoyed your evening meals in Timbertoes Bar. I’m delighted you were happy with the room you were allocated. We have a number of different rooms available such as classic and deluxe, each varying in style and decor so we can better meet our guests’ requirements.

Once again thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I look forward to passing them on to the rest of the staff, especially the wonderful Marian.

Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Polish first
Shaldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in the hotel in a group , the staff were very professional, the room was spacious ,we enjoyed good self service breakfast and our evening meals were very good . The swimming pool was excellent for swimming lengths and the Jacuzzi was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I’m delighted you and your group had an enjoyable stay with us.

I’m thrilled you were pleased with the meals prepared for you. Our chefs love what they do and only source fresh, local ingredients to ensure high quality produce. Our Spirit Leisure Centre, complete with an 18m heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, always goes down a treat with guests and I’m happy you had the opportunity to avail if this service.

Again, thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Teignmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Treacey's Hotel, What a Gem!The bedrooms and public areas were spotless. We had quite spacious room which was very tidy. The hotel itself is well situated, not too far from the shopping area and the local attractions, including the Waterford Crystal Factory. The breakfast was self service with plenty of choice and the evening meal was superb. The staff were very courteous and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Marian in particular is a STAR, almost an honourary member of our choir. Only one down side and that was the hike to the Room in the B complex. I will certainly return and would recommend it to anyone. Check out their web site for forthcoming events and Christmas offers

Dear Suzi

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you've provided. All feedback is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

I’m delighted to read your stay was a pleasurable one. Thank you for your compliments on our food. Our chefs prepare each and every meal to the highest of standards simply because they love what they do. We only source fresh, local produce to ensure quality. I’m happy to see you found the hotel and your bedroom clean and to your liking. Our housekeeping department are second to none and always ensure the hotel is kept immaculate. Here at Treacy’s we are extremely lucky to be located in the city centre. Our hotel is directly across the road from the local bus station, a 2/3 minute walk from the local train station and a short stroll to Waterford’s main shopping and tourist area. I’m thrilled you found our staff friendly and courteous. Our entire team always go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a memorable experience with us.

Once again, thank you for your lovely comments. It is always a pleasure to be able pass them on to the rest of the staff, especially the wonderful Marian. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

London
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Very impressed indeed. Room was spotless. Hospitality was great and Marian couldn't do enough for us. Would stay here again and would highly recommend to others. The pool area was clean and used it a couple of times. My only disappointment was our room wasnt visited at all by the maids and we had the same towels for 3 days but it wasnt the end of the world

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us and for also taking the time to write this review. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with this that we can constantly improve the service we provide.

I’m delighted you had an enjoyable experience here at Treacy’s Hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team working with us who go above and beyond for all our guests. As for the lovely Marian, what can I say! Our hotel would most definitely not be what it is without her. I’m shocked you received no housekeeping during your time with us. I can assure you this is more than a little strange and will be investigating this issue further. I can only apologise for this inconvenience.

Again, thank you for the feedback you provided. I look forward to passing on you compliments to the rest of the team especially the wonderful Marian.

Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Staff very friendly, hotel situated within walking distance of town and entertainment in bar great fun! Comfortable beds, clean and tidy, nothing was too much trouble!! very accomodating! Leisure facilities easy to access and spotless, jacuzzi lovely and sauna ideal to relax in!! Will be returning !!! not far from train station or main bus station either so easy to explore other areas! Food was good with range of choice at each meal! Rooms vary in views and sizes so ask if you have a preference! would recommend this hotel for the price you pay! thanks

Room Tip: request room with outside view!
1 Thank elaine g
Dear Elaine

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your visit was an enjoyable one.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our hotel. Here at Treacy’s Hotel we are very fortunate to have such a great location in Waterford City centre. Our hotel is directly across the road from Waterford bus station, 2 or 3 minutes from the local train station and just a short stroll to the main shopping area here in the city. Our leisure centre facilities, including an 18meter swimming pool, are always very popular with our guests and I’m happy you had the chance to avail of this service. We do indeed have live music every night in Timbertoes bar which seems to go down a treat with our visitors. I’m delighted you found all your meals to your liking. Our chefs only source local, fresh produce to ensure a high standard of quality.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback. I look forward to passing them on to the rest of the team.

Michelle Halloran
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Staff we're very friendly and customer service was of a high standard. I was part or a large group,so was a lot to manage all at once. The overall consensus was that we were comfortable and we'll looked after.

1 Thank Redrocker2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted yourself and your group had a pleasant experience staying with us.

I’m thrilled you found our staff friendly and you thought our customer service was of a high standard. Our number one priority is our guests therefore we always strive to maintain and improve the service we provide. Our customer services manager Marian is always nearby to help in any way she can.

Once again, thank you for the feedback you've provided.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very little ambiance in the dining room but the food was great!
The staff were all outstandingly friendly and helpful. The pool and jacuzzi are faultless, exceptionally good for any hotel, let alone in this budget.
Our room was spacious, spotless and the beds and pillows perfect. The ensuite facilities were excellent given the rating.
I would unreservedly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: B block sounds uncool but rooms were very clean, spacious and close to pool and spa. I absolutely un...
1 Thank Newbyexeter
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us and for also taking the time to share the experience you had with us. I’m thrilled to see you had an enjoyable time here at Treacy’s Hotel.

We are very proud of all the services we provide to our guests especially our facilities at Spirit Leisure Centre. I’m delighted you had the opportunity to avail of this service. I’m happy would were pleased with the room you were allocated. We do have a number of different room types available to suit a variety of needs and desires, all of which are contemporary in style while keeping their original charm. Thank you for your compliments on our food. Our chefs are some of the best around and love what they do so I look forward to passing on your comments.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. It is always such a pleasure to hear them.