“Ok”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night it was reasonably priced friendly and helpful staff .Ideally located .We had a 2 course meal included with our stay the menu was very poor so we opted for the thai food menu a starter and main course which was lovely but we only had 15 euro each subsidy the meal came to a total of 60 euro which i didnt think it was worth it also chips and rice are extra .The breakfast was not that great .The rooms were clean but greatly in need of a make over and some fresh paint.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ruby4545
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I must admit I am disappointed to read of your experience here in Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford.

Thank you for your lovely comments on our staff. I am delighted that you found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. Our hotel is well known for having a dedicated team who strive to provide exceptional customer service.

Our location is always a favourite with our guests. Our hotel is only a short walk to Waterford's main shopping and family activities area. We are also located right on Waterford's Quay in close proximity to the Viking Triangle and all the tourist attractions Ireland’s oldest city has to offer. We are also within walking distance of the local bus and train stations.

I am surprised you were not satisfied with our menu. We do have a large varied selection of starters, main courses and desserts available. I will of course, pass on your comments to our head chef for consideration.

I am disappointed you did not enjoy your breakfast. Our breakfasts have always proven very popular with our guests. We serve a buffet style continental breakfast which includes cereals, fresh fruit, and a choice of yogurts, fruit juices and also hot food. I am sorry this was not to your liking.

I am delighted that you found your allocated room to be clean and to your liking. Our housekeeping staff always make every effort to ensure that all our rooms are maintained to a high standard. Our rooms are refurbished continually and renovations are constantly underway here in the hotel to improve our guests' experience.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My room was in the new section and was nice but very very warm. The air conditioning was broken but was fixed after a few days. While there I felt sick and dizzy all week. It might have been a coincidence but looking back maybe should check for carbon monoxide.
The breakfast was quite nice and the staff were friendly.
Other reviews talk about the distance from the reception to the new part of the building. It's not that far. Also, if you walk around to the back of the hotel there is a lift you can take directly up to the new section.
The hotel website should have a section explaining where the car park is. It's not directly beside the hotel and is shared with other businesses. I don't know how people are expected to find it when they have arrived.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GCar_12

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to read that your experience here in Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford was only average.

I'm pleased you were satisfied with the room you were allocated. Here at Treacy’s we have a number of bedrooms available, ranging in size and location to cater for all our guests’ requirements and taste.

I apologise for the heat in your room while the air conditioning was being fixed. Unfortunately during the recent hot spell some rooms have become uncommonly hot. We do have air conditioning in our upgraded rooms and fans are also available for guests use at reception.

I’m very sorry to hear that you were unwell and feeling sick and dizzy during our stay. The health and safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance to management. Although not required by law, the hotel is in fact tested quarterly for carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide alarms are installed in the hotel boiler rooms, keg rooms etc as per the law.

As you noted at the back of the hotel there is indeed a lift that will take guests directly up to rooms located in Block B of the building. All our corridors are extensively sign posted. Any guests having difficulty finding their room are advised to contact reception for assistance. They will be more than happy to help.

Our website does include a map of our car park directing our guests to it and both our position and the car park are clearly visible on the map. We do recommend to all our guests that they come directly to the hotel first so our reception team can instruct them on the car park’s location. Alternatively, our guests can park in a public car park directly across from the hotel which is €5.00 to exit.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Myself and my family stayed in this hotel in a family room have to say get location get hotel at a great price only problems we had was shower there was no pressure at all would have been better washing my hair in sink and rooms very warm which would be great in winter but not in summer air con didn't cool us down but other that that lovely hotel will defo stay there again couldn't fault it just coz of shower. Highly recommend

Room Tip: Quiet where we were in the new part of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I'm sorry that your room was too warm, hot spells have resulted in some of our rooms being uncommonly warm. Fans are available for guests use at reception.

I’m sorry to hear that there was a problem with the shower water pressure and that you did not enjoy your shower. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience this caused you. I can assure you I will speak to our maintenance department to resolve this problem.

Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope we will be welcoming you back to Treacy's Hotel Waterford very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

we are recently back from our stay at treacys we only went for three nights but our three girls were having such a great time with the kids club the staff were amazing sarah caomihe and natasha were brilliant and trustworthy with them we decided to stay on for another night it was great to feel relaxed that you could trust people you dont know to look after your kids i never feel comfortable leaving them with anybody but family the breakfast train is such a brilliant idea my girls are such fussy eaters and the leaders at the kids club always knew what they would and would not eat there was always something for them to do in the evening there was a movie night with popcorn and juice it costs 5 euro per child but i think it is worth every penny as your kids are nearly ready for bed when you get them back and then you get great peace at breakfast when they are at breakfast club also you still get to have plenty of family time troughout the day exploring the wonders around the city and down at tramore beach parks and amusements we will be heading back down for more fun in august and we will be staying at treacys hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank donna w
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm delighted to hear that you and your family had a memorable and enjoyable time with us.

Thank you for your lovely comments on our Kids Club. Our Kids Club has proven to be very popular with our guests and I am delighted to hear that your children enjoyed their time there. Our complimentary Kids Club includes morning activities from 9am-12pm and evening activities from 6.00pm-9.30pm. We do indeed offer an optional extra ‘Movie Night’ for the cost of €5.00 a child. This includes the movie, popcorn and juice.

Once again, thank you for such an amazing review. It will be my pleasure to pass on your lovely comments to the rest of the team especially Sarah, Caoimhe and Natasha. We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford in August.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Attended a wedding here and have nothing but good things to say. The food was the best I have ever had at a wedding. We had a gathering there the day after the wedding too where all live sports were on at the bar and there was a friendly crowd from Wales over for the rugby. This all contributed to a good day along with good bar food.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to see you had such an enjoyable experience while celebrating a wedding here at Treacy's Hotel, Waterford.

Here at Treacy's we are so fortunate to have such a dedicated team working with us. Every staff member including service staff, reception, housekeeping, kitchen and all the staff working behind the scenes work extremely hard to ensure our guests experience is nothing but exceptional!

Thank you for your compliments on our food. We source only local, fresh ingredients to ensure quality. I'm so glad to hear all the meals served to you were to your satisfaction.

We do indeed show live sporting events in Timbertoes bar which also serves bar food daily and has nightly live entertainment during the summer months. I’m delighted you had the opportunity to experience the wonderful atmosphere in Timbertoes during your stay.

Once again, thank you for such an amazing review. I do hope we will be welcoming you back to Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for four nights half board ,the hotel is family run someone always on hand to help if need be. The room was clean and tidy together with the bathroom .The room was rather warm and a fan provided just about kept it cool enough. The food was ok not a very big choice at dinner but breakfast more than made up for this something to please all.

Room Tip: we had a room towards the rear of the hotel so it was quiet. There are lots of rooms on the front we...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maria K, Sales and Marketing at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford is indeed a family run hotel.

I am delighted that you found your allocated room to be both clean and tidy. Our housekeeping staff always make every effort to ensure that all our rooms are maintained to a high standard.

The hotel provides air conditioning and fans for the comfort of our guests. However I do appreciate that during hot spells occasionally the bedroom can become quiet warm and I do apologise for this inconvenience.

I am surprised you did not think there was variety on the dinner menu. We have numerous starters, main courses and both hot and cold desserts. I will of course mention your feedback to our head chef for consideration.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the variety of choices for breakfast. We serve a buffet style continental breakfast which includes cereals, fresh fruit, and a choice of yogurts, fruit juices and also hot food.

Once again thank you for your review. Hopefully we will be seeing you back at Treacy’s Hotel Waterford very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently stayed for a family birthday. There was was a whole family of us, over 5 rooms and 15 people, we ate in the hotel and from arrival to departure I cannot fault a thing about this hotel, we were treated like family and the atmospher was fab, will definitely be returning as we felt completely comfortable here. Thanks to all the staff and management for making this birthday so memorable for my uncle xx

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had such a memorable stay with us while celebrating your uncle’s birthday.

Once again, thank you for such an amazing review. It will be my pleasure to pass your lovely comments to the rest of the team. I do hope we will be welcoming you and your family back again to Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford soon.