“such a relaxing & enjoyable weekend”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 15 May 2009

I stayed in Days Hotel Waterford for the weekend with my husband-we both really surprised at how wonderful the hotel was for such a low rate-we paid 99€ each for 2 nights B&B & 1 evening meal-which I must say was gorgeous. I really enjoyed the Spa & was able to book a massage & facial whilst my husband enjoyed a swin & the gym in their new leisure centre. The rooms are all newly decorated & lovely and spacious. the only problem we had was working the TV but the manager vame straight up to our room & fixed it. I have to say that the staff were extremely helpful & friendly. On the Saturday night we really enjoyed the music in the bar. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed 26 April 2009

Myself, my mam and 2 children have just returned from this hell hole, and I have to say if offered another stay for free would not return. I decided to book with the supervalu tokens as it looked like a great deal 220 euro for 2 nights stay and an evening dinner. We were given room 114, so tired and weary we settled down for the night. The next morning we went down to breakfast, the breakfast area looked like it was still in the dark ages. It was grubby and dirthy. When I proceeded to go up and get food from the hot counter I found that four of the plates on top were dirty. There was grease stains on them and looked like thay had not been washed properly. As I was feeling uneasy I watched as the manager washed the tables without the use of a sanitiser, then proceed to go over and take fresh bread out for customers with his drity hands, having failed to wash his hands. That night the children were tired so we decided to go to bed early, only to kept awake most of the night from the air condition compresser that was being used for a function below our room. It started at 8 and by 11 I had had enough so I rang reception who sent the duty manager to the room. The manager came in and witnessed the noise, he actually sympathised with us and promised to go off and see what the problem was. At 11.30 he rang the room to say he had turned off all compressers and could not work out were the noise was coming from. So left with no choice we just had to grin and bear it. On checking out the following day I brought this problem to the duty manager who argued that he never had any complaints from that room and could not think where the noise was coming from. He stood there for at least 20 minutes very defensive arguning even though the night manager had witnessed the loud vibrating from the previous night. What I found most offensive was the managers attitude which was appalling, did he ever hear the 'customer is always right'. If he had of just apologised and taken on board that the night duty manager had witnessed it I would of just accapted his apology. In the end he agreed to give me a refund of the nights sleep we had lost, all of which was 40.00. I was disccusted because he came out with an evelope sealed and had not intended to tell me exactly how much he was refunding me until I challanged him. What was more upsetting was that he left me and my children stand there for 15 or 20 min waiting for it, and then just ignorantly gave it to me with gritted teeth. I really felt that because I was a sinlge parent on with my two children he didnt care, I know for a fact that if I had of had a big strapping man he would not of spoke to me the way he did. What ever you do stay away as, not only was the place filty but you could not see out the beedroom window as it was so dirty, and I still havnt mentioned the shower and the lack of hot water. I could go on and on so just do yourself a favour and stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Last weekend to get over our January blues of being back at work, myself and a few of my girlfriends headed off to Waterford for a bit of a laf and to relax.
We hadn't booked anywhere before we arrived, but had looked up a few places over the net so had a fair idea of what was available.
When we got there we just went into Days. The rates were very reasonable for being bang in the centre of town - saved us getting any taxis whatsoever for the whole weekend. we also got free parking in the car park across the way!
The rooms were what sold it to us really though, very spacious and the marble bathroom was huge! defo enuf space for all our stuff.
on friday night we went to the leisure centre. used the pool and looked at the gym (didn't stress ourselves enough to get into gear tho!). we booked massages and some of the girls pedicures for sat.
went out friday night, the main nightclubs are just a stones throw away.
the breakfast was a welcome call on sat morning! very good quality.
after lazing about for the morning and going to a few shops, we went for a swim and then for our treatments. v impressive!
sat night we went for dinner in the hotel. i was surprised at the high quality food in a hotel, the standard was more along the levels of a private restaurant.
the staff were also very wiling to help at any given call.
We left early on sunday morning!
Overall a very relaxing and much enjoyable weekend.
worth a look into if ever down that side of the country.
i'll defo be back!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2008

I stayed in days hotel waterford on a 2 night break with 3 friends of mine, we had heard about the spa and decided to try it out the hotel.I stayed in room 225 , it was very spacious and the decor was nice.
We used the spa and pool on the middle day and really enjoyed the day, the staff in the spa were lovely.
I loved the shopping in waterford, and the hotel was so close to the main street it was great, and the car parking , even though not on site was very handy.
All in all a good stay , and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
DaysHotel, Genaral Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2009

Dear Customer, thank you to you and your friends for the feedback on your stay with us here at Days Hotel Waterford. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience and look forward to being of service to you throughout 2009. Kind regards, General Manager, Days Hotel Waterford

Reviewed 14 November 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights in Nov 08 and it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. To start with, the room they put us (me and my Partner) in was tiny to say the least. It was so small (Room 107) the bed was pushed up against the wall and the only way of getting into it was from the bottom........Neddless to say back to reception i went to be told that "no other room was available". Then on discussing with the manager he put us in a "bigger" room (222). This room was slightly bigger however the bathroom was tiny and when in the shower the bath practically overflowed. The window was broken and would not close properly. If someone sneezed on the walkway you'd hear it.........The television receiption was very bad and the walls thin, Everything that went on next door and upstairs i heard...... The reception and bar area could do with being refurbished. Also, why would an irish pub show a premiership match ahead of an Irish international rugby match???? Totally mystified about this....... Only plus is that the breakfast and dinner were adequate,nothing spectaculor but it did what it said on the tin.
On a final point, make sure to check your invoice when you leave. We were overcharged and only cos we have a copy of our deposit were we entitled to our refund. Please beware of this hotel. I have travelled quite a bit over europe and the US and this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. If you do plan on staying here bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2008

i followed the directions to the localcar park,it takes you down the wrong street,it should be the 3rd on left not second was this an omen.
I stayed in the Bridge Hotel previously it was dump,all days Inn have done is wallpaper ioover the cracks.
I was in room 102 had requested a kingsize bed got a standard bed in a small room .
The shower screen kept creeping in to meet me when i was showering,no rubber seal to locate bottom against top of bath.
I was sitting at the desk,on my laptop,the pixels were so poor on the tv above you that all you could see was the purple shapes of something going on.
The glasses at breakfast are have been so desparately over used they look dirty.
At 10 pm the band started up in the bar below my room !
The public areas just look the same as they were with the Bridge
the only reason i booked this rather than the Ramada was that for the rate here i got a breakfast,wont make that mistake again
i am used to a better standard than this i wont be back !
and all these comments were relayed to Keith the manager,and have since been forwarded to Days Hotels.
one positive nice new bathroom pity about the shower screen !

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Lobby and hotel corridors have a very old feel, need refurb. The room was nicely redone, but they forgot to add storage space for clothes, closet space is very limited. Staff seem a bit overwhelmed in handling the workload, seems like they may be understaffed. eg wake up calls come in 15 minutes to half an hour late, promises that they will send someone up to look after somehtning may or may not happen. There is construction going on nearby, so if you open the window to cool the room off(no AC is typical), the noise can be bothersome.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business