“Not a 3star”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We booked a family room and I was glad we only had to stay for 1night. The place was dirty when we got there and the room is in need of serious upgrading. The mirror was cracked, the walls dirty and dented ,windows filled with bird droppings and lights in the bathroom are so dark you can barely see whats wrong in there. I would no think this is a 3 star for the price we paid - It looks more like 1 star.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 July 2009

I stayed in this hotel on a weekend away with my wife a while ago. We were very happy with our stay and got great value for money. An evening meal was included in our stay. We had this on the Saturday night in the hotel restaurant and it was lovely. The waiters were very busy but it didn’t make the service too slow. I would definitely have eaten here again we were staying a few more nights. A few people have complained about the carpark and it is a couple of minutes walk from the hotel but atleast its an indoor carpark and free! I will definitely stay in the hotel when we go to waterford again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
DaysHotel, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2009

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review on our hotel. Customer feedback is always important to us at Days Hotel. I am delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2009

Arrived at the hotel at around nine in the evening. Had to go around the block twice before we could find the "hotels" carpark which actually belongs to the supermarket.

Check in was ok and no real fuss.

My room, One pillow each, one towel each. TV was terrible. Two generators outside the bedroom window which rattled 24hrs a day. Tiles on the floor were broken, tiles on the bathroom wall were missing. Room service was ok though and they had a follow through with one of the staff knocking in to see if everything was ok. I brought it to her attention about the tiles and was told they knew about it. ( a nice shrug there too for my efforts)

My friends who had a double room were very disappointed. Double rooms are absolutely tiny!!! It was like a master bedroom with an an suite.

Got up at seven next morning to get a work out and swim before breakfast. Big supprise, gym and pool are not open until 9:00AM and breakfast finishes at 10:00 AM which doesn't leave much time to get anything done.

Went for a walk around town, and grabbed a coffee in Centra where I wished I had booked a room!!!

Went back for breakfast and to my horror found something from "Fawlty Towers".
Carpets are in terrible order.
Cuttlery and dishes are very very old and worn.
Tea pots haven't been cleaned in years.
Staff area behind the buffet had food dropped on the floor and either walked on, or stepped over.
Very little on the tables, sugar, jam, marmalade, etc all at a different table.
Toast is a disater, everyone has to use the same toaster, so if there's a group before you, expect to have a long wait.
No tea or coffee brought to the table, again, self service for this also.
Serving area itself was dirty with beans dropped here and there, scrambled eggs littered about too. I don't want to be too harsh on this point, guests do drop food and move on and it's hard to be vigilant 100% of the time. I would have let this pass, but it was the same when I was leaving as when I had arrived.

Check out was no fuss either, but when asked if everything was ok and they were told about the restaurant, it was met with agreement and that they would pass the comments on. They very well may have.

• Stayed: June 2009
DaysHotel, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2009

Dear dubliner24,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to address the issues raised in your review.

The high rise carpark used by hotel guests is owned by the hotel, it is however also used by the Aldi supermarket which is in the same building.

The hotel leisure centre is open from 6.30am – 9.30pm Monday to Friday, and 9am – 9pm Saturday and Sunday. I am sorry that our weekend opening hours did not suit your needs.

I am shocked and embarrassed that you experienced such issues with hygiene at breakfast and I can offer no excuses for this. I have raised these issues with all staff and I am confident that this problem will not arise again. Our breakfast is self service which is why condiments are on a separate table and tea & coffee is not served by staff. The hours for breakfast are 7am-10am Monday – Friday and 7.30am-10.30am Saturday and Sunday.

I very much regret that you have formed a poor impression of our hotel as customer satisfaction is paramount to us.

Reviewed 16 June 2009

This hotel should not carry the "Days" logo as it does not follow their usual management style. Beware as a traveller.... this hotel is located on a very busy main thoroughfare. There is no where to off load passengers or luggage.
The management is rude and not interested in entertaining complaints in a constructive manner. Their style is defensive and they seem to argue instead of discuss problems. They are definitely not interested in resolving a problem. Do not bother driving to this hotel as " their" car park which they advertise on their web site in fact belongs to a local supermarket and therefore closes when the shop does ie at 21:30hrs. So hard luck if you have been out for the day as we had, and return after this time. You won't be able to park your car! nor will you be able to get it out of the car park after this time either. So you are pretty much restricted to the hotel each night.
The large seemingly lovely TV screen had such bad reception we turned it off. Half the channels were fuzzy with poor sound.
The swimming pool that they advertise is in fact part of a public gym/pool complex so there are all sorts of people using the facilities.
The morning buffet is served in a dining hall akin to one from the 1970's. The carpet was old, filthy dirty and I even found an eyelash on a fried egg which I had to point out to one of the staff.
Do not stay here. This is not up to the Days Hotel standard. It should not be part of this group!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
DaysHotel, Manager at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2009

Dear Foleyka,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. It is through guest feedback that we assess the standard on our service and learn how we can improve to meet guest expectations. I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay and felt that your complaints were not addressed by management in an appropriate manner. I would therefore like to take this opportunity to address the issues which you raised in your review.
Our hotel is in a busy city centre location on the quays in Waterford, we do however have a loading bay outside the hotel where we encourage guests to unload their bags before parking their car. This is stated on our website where we also give directions to our high rise carpark and the opening hours. We also clearly state that if you wish to exit or enter the car park outside these hours this can by arranged by contacting reception in advance. Our leisure centre was opened in the hotel in November 2008, and as with most hotel leisure centre’s it is open to membership. It is not, however, open to public use.
I am both shocked and embarrassed that you had an unpleasant experience with our breakfast service. I can assure you I have addresses this issue with management and staff throughout the hotel.
I very much regret that you have formed a poor impression of our hotel. Customer care is paramount to me and I cannot offer any excuses to you if we failed in what we believe we do best.

Reviewed 26 May 2009

Just returned from fab weekend with the girls-we stayed in Days Hotel Leisure & Spa Hotel in Waterford! i have to firstly mention how well the refurbishment of this hotel has been-I stayed here a few years ago but it has been completely upgraded & I loved the Spa & leisure centre. We were able to have a pamper day on Saturday & then had mighty craic in the bar that night-The staff were so helpful-any problems we had were sorted out so quickly! We decided to eat our meal in the bar but we had to wait abit as they were so busy but staff were extremely apologetic about this. We all said that we would definitely return to have another great weekend

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Myself & three friends (all in our late 20s) stayed in this place (days hotel) last weekend. Overall, we thought the hotel & Waterford in general was a good experience - and I'd recommend a weekend down here for any lads trip away. Go to Waterford Castle aswell if you're down here for golf - the golf course is on an island and good for something different (lots of water on the first few holes!).
Right so, the hotel:
- Rooms: seemed very new to us - ordered two twin rooms and got a double & single bed in each, which was a bonus. Shower class also.
- Leisure centre: abs top notch. Guy in the gym told us it's only 6 months old. The two times I was there it wasn't remotely overcrowded. Pool / Jacuzzi etc were what you'd expect. Thing I liked most though was the separate fitness room - e.g. to do fit ball exercises.
- food: only had bar food - quite nice.
- nightlife: well, you have to take a 10 min walk into town cause there's no real nightlife here. They had a trad singer on - not really our scene. Residents bar is a plus though.
- value: we'd normally head somewhere cheaper, but the leisure centre here justified the price for us.

Reviewed 15 May 2009

I stayed in Days Hotel Waterford for the weekend with my husband-we both really surprised at how wonderful the hotel was for such a low rate-we paid 99€ each for 2 nights B&B & 1 evening meal-which I must say was gorgeous. I really enjoyed the Spa & was able to book a massage & facial whilst my husband enjoyed a swin & the gym in their new leisure centre. The rooms are all newly decorated & lovely and spacious. the only problem we had was working the TV but the manager vame straight up to our room & fixed it. I have to say that the staff were extremely helpful & friendly. On the Saturday night we really enjoyed the music in the bar. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple