“Never Stay Here”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Stayed here for 2nights from 28th May with my girlfriend, Our room was so small that the door hit the bed when you opened it. Our room was on the 2nd floor but took ages to get to. Then it was up 6/8 steps & through a door which was right out side our door. Anytime it closed ( which was every 5/10mins ) it made a huge noise that it shook our door each time, & woke us up a few times. I would never stay in this hotel again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KildareGer1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 27 May 2010

hi every one
i stayed here and omg NEVER EVER AGAIN ... The swerage burst and came in on top off the people who were working behind reception, then to my shock they used the silver containers they use for food to clean it up (health & safety) is all i'l say . The management delt with this very badly, pig's would have more manners than they did . I've never stayed in such a flity hotel before and was in shock . The bar was half decent and the food in the restaurant was terrible ( microwaved probably ) . The staff in the restaurant need to be trained in a bad way and breakfast was dreadfull the only gud thing about the place were two staff member's called maureen & dana and if i was them i'd find some were else to work . This hotel is only fit to be knocked to the ground . As for the rooms my box room at home is more comfortable and that's full off junk

so please stay well away
m.i.a.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank miapoo
Reviewed 8 May 2010

This was my secomd visit to this hotel, and I must say it has greatly improved since my last stay. The place now done up & has a leisure centre. Rooms are good & most important clean!!!!
Staff were seemed friendly in particular girls in the restaurant and reception, I found them very helpful. Food in the restaurant was good, the breakfast was good but very busy. I enjoyrd the hotel and would reccomend it!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2010

The room was extremely small with torn duvet and inadequate storage space. The room is badly in need of a proper refurbishment to bring it up to standard. Our TV did not work and when we got it fixed it was of extremely bad quality. The bathroom was small but was modern and extremely clean. The corridors were smelly and badly needed some fresh air. In the foyer the curtains were falling down creating a very bad image. During the night I was awoken on a few occassions due to people screaming and roaring on the corridors.
Our party occupied 5 rooms in total, and we feft that photos displayed on the web site were extremely misleading. I booked with booking.com and had checked the reviews in advance. I have booked with booking.com on many occassions and this is the first time that I felt that most of the reviews were very misleading.
The Leisure Centre was clean and pleasant however, was very difficult to locate. I would not recommend this hotel, most especially for the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristineQ
Reviewed 22 April 2010

The only thing really going for this hotel is it's location. You can't really get more central. Apart from that, it's all very average. The staff were polite but left us to find our rooms by ourselves. After 20mins of searching the maze-like corridors we found ours. It was quite big with comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. The room also seemed to be beside the leisure centre as there was the ever-present thumping of dance music during it's opening hours. Being beside the main road on the quays, the streets were quite busy/noisy most of the time so light sleepers could have a problem.

Overall, a basic and decidedly average hotel. Although getting lost three times in two days in the hallways did give us a bit of a laugh....

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2010

had a very enjoyable 3 night midterm break
with my family last week, high lights
were the kids club and pool. Will definatly
Return in the summer!

1  Thank tommoobrien
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Stayed for two nights on a Super Valu break- a huge mistake. The initial impression of the outside fo the holel, foyer and bar was that they all were in dire need of redecorating.The car park is too far away and up a hill which is fine for those of us who are able bodied, but not so for those who are older or more frail. The rooms were adequate in size,but needed a good clean- a hoover wouldnt go astray. We didnt avail of the breakfast facility so I cant comment. We were given directions to the pool on arrival, but as the hotel is such a maze of corridors and the sineage is poor we ended up in the Spa which was closed and spent 10 min at least looking for assistance. On the 2nd night we arrived back to find the hotel in darkness doe to a power outage- the generator also failed to kick in!! It had been out approx 2 hrs at this stage, and while the electricty company were on site the staff did not appear to have a Plan B in place in the event of the ESB being unable to restore power- candles & alcohol were the apperant solution. we left the hotel having given my mobiln no to the hotel manager who contacted me @ 11pm to say the power would be back by 12mn. We returned to the holel @ 12.10am to continued darkness and a foyer with several very agitated residents, the staff on reception did not have any information re Plan B still and people were becoming more angry. Fortunatly the power returned at approx 12.20am.
The next morning when I asked to see the Manager who when I asked could I speak to him in his office infoemed me that it was toofar for me to walk!!! and insisted that the restaurant would do- he listend to my concerns and informed me that there was a Plan B in situ but nobody asked to be moved!!
I am more than unhappy with how the management would so willingly put their customers saftey at risk by offering candles to people who obviously had drink taken.

I WILL NEVER RETURN TO STAY IN THIS HOTEL