“Unhappy customer”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Had a meal tonight at this restaurant service was very good .we had the 45euro voucher two glasses of wine included in the meal I had a glass of wine and my husband asked could he have a beer instead of the wine she said that shouldn't be a problem. But when my husband went topay she was charging for tthe pint he explained that's he had it instead of wine and did not even had a desert she said she would ask manager she came back out and said no u have to pay. Bad business it would put me off going back again

1  Thank paul f
Treacys_Waterford, Sales and Marketing at Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Dear guest,

Although i am delighted you and your husband enjoyed your meal and found the service very good, i am disappointed this was tarnished. I must apologise for the confusion with the wine. Our guests can swap wine for another beverage if they so wish. Our GM has spoken to the employee in question and i can assure you this error will not occur again.

I do hope you will reconsider returning to us in the near future.

Michelle O'Halloran
Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend ate here twice, once in the restaurant and we ordered a takeaway aswel. Both of us had never had Thai before but now I'm definitely a fan! On both occasions the food was amazing! We even got dessert even though we were full! The portions are great, plenty on the plate and with the takeaway Too. Best of all was the staff. So friendly and attentive and even though this is a new restaurant you would think it was in business with years with how efficient they are! Would recommend to anyone

Treacys_Waterford, Sales and Marketing at Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of Chiang Mai. I'm delighted you and your boyfriend are now a fan of Thai cuisine.

Thank you for your lovely comments and i hope we will be welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We visited chiang mai as a group of four and all of us enjoyed every part of our meal i would recommend the mixed starter for two just perfect and i had a massaman curry for main and it was totally unique to other currys had to mention that also my friends raved and raved about the tamirand duck so i think i will give that a go next i cant really fault this place all of the staff were attentive and welcoming nothing was too much too ask the decor really pleasing to the eye and pricing very fair also couples and earlybird deals deliveries or takeouts they have thought of everybody thank you chiang mai !! We will be back over xmas !!

Treacys_Waterford, Sales and Marketing at Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear guest,

Following your dining experience in Chiang Mai I am delighted to receive your wonderful feedback. I so pleased to hear each member of your group enjoyed their meal and we certainly hope you will be returning to us very soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I was down in Waterford for the weekend with my boyfriend. We are fans of thai food so we found ourselves in this restaurant which we heard was newly opened.

When we arrived the staff we very welcoming and it was a relaxing atmosphere. The food was great too as thai goes. My boyfriend really enjoyed his pad thai and I thought the duck was fantastic. We had shared starters which we great also. The deserts we good too, they all seemed to be homemade also which is always nice.

Overall great meal and would recommend it your into thai food!

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Chiang Mai. I am delighted you and your boyfriend had a fantastic meal with us. Our desserts are indeed homemade which we also feel are much nicer.

I do hope we will be welcoming you back to Chiang Mai very soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and myself ate here on Saturday night and the food was just incredible. We got the 59 euro deal starter main dessert tea or coffee and a bottle of wine for 2 people which I must say was great value. I got the beef with chilli oil which was a sizziling dish and tasted devine! The restaurant is beautifully done and had lovely music. All the staff were Irish and very friendly and attentive. I could not fault this restaurant in any way .

Dear guest,

Sincere thanks for your wonderful feedback following your dining experience with us. I'm thrilled you found the staff friendly and attentive and that your meal was both divine and excellent value.

Once again, thank you for your kind review.